Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Realms of Arkania: Star Trail HD Remake Released

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Aug 10, 2017.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff Patron

VentilatorOfDoom
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Crafty Studios; Realms of Arkania: Star Trail (Remake)

The remake of Realms of Arkania: Star Trail was released today, after spending a couple of months on Early Access.

Now some of you probably remember the Blade of Destiny HD release and that the game wasn't received that well. However, a developer contacted us and said they had learned from their errors.

Hello there!

We are about to release Realms of Arkania: Star Trail tomorrow and we thought you might want to add this to your news. We were in Early Access for more than half a year and are now rather fond of what we achieved together with our community.

After the desaster that was the release of Blade of Destiny, we worked hard to redeem ourselves and make BoD the game it was meant to be, and we did it. Now, with Star Trail we included our dearest fans from the start and gave a lot of people the chance to get involved - and boy did they get involved! More than 650 Bug Threads, more than 400 Feature Requests (more than a hundred of them implemented), lots of modding already done and available in Steam Workshop - Star Trail has become an actually good game.

So, if you need anything else in terms of information, support or just want to let me know that you wrote something about us, I'd be happy to help you out!​

I've played a lot of Drakensang and Blackguards this year, who knows, perhaps I'm checking this out when I get that Dark Eye itch again (which happens in regular intervals).

• Brofist x 3
    • Interesting x 2
    • incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Drowed Arcane

Drowed
    Parrots:
    So... It's as bad as the first one?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Junmarko Arcane Patron

Junmarko
    Parrots:
    Bubbles In Memoria Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Kind of sad that Ulisses Spiele doesn't throw some serious funding towards CRPGs - if these remakes were done well, they'd make a killing off the IP.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Irenaeus Self-Ejected Patron Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Same here.

^ Top  
  6. taxalot I request a spice shipment immediately. Patron

taxalot
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    People here are considering Grimoire to be good and finished enough ; so your mileage may vary.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Lurker King Arcane The Real Fanboy

Lurker King
    Parrots:
    The graphics are good. I want to know if the mechanics are good or dumbed down.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Scrooge tasty cats Patron

Scrooge
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    What's more important to know is, do you still fall through floors in combat :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • decline decline x 3
    • incline incline x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Crispy The Sum of All Evils Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    Parrots:
    Says Early Access.

^ Top  
  10. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff Patron

VentilatorOfDoom
    Parrots:
    Well, since he said yesterday they would release it tomorrow I had assumed... that it would've been released by now.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Parrots:
    AFAIK Ulisses doesn't hold the rights for computer games. These are held by Chromatrix.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Junmarko Arcane Patron

Junmarko
    Parrots:
    They still own the IP though yeah?

^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Parrots:
    Yeah, but I think they cannot do computer games. Everyone who wants to create digital games has to go through Chromatrix. E.g. in the Blackguards manual, only Chromatrix (and Significant Fantasy) are mentioned, not Ulisses. It seems that they hold an old license which Ulisses cannot (or doesn't want to) touch - even though they bought the exclusive rights.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Junmarko Arcane Patron

Junmarko
    Parrots:
    Ah, I just meant serving as more of a benefactor. It would help Dark Eye overall.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Outlander Custom Tags Are For Fags. Patron

Outlander
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. YES! Hi, I'm Roqua

YES!
    Parrots:
    This game is awesome and fixed all the whining items from the first. This is Grimoire's only competition for GOTY and I think it may be the better game.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Monstroterratum Furiosum Patron

MicoSelva
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
  18. Make America Great Again Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    Graphics look very mid-00s but I suppose that's the best one can do with the budget they have. That barebones inventory screen is so appallingly lacking in art direction, but given Unity, I guess they may be doing what they can to improve performance.

Since it's not a complete embarrassment it looks like 2017's going to be a year full of surprises. :cool:

^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Parrots:
    Lacking of consistence and art direction was a big problem with the first game and it's the last thing a programmer driven company will invest in because they literally "don't see" the problem.

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Parrots:
    I think about buying and shelving it unplayed to support their work. Though maybe that's meaner than not buying it. I still have the boxed special edition of the first somewhere.

^ Top  
  21. Iznaliu Arbiter

Iznaliu
    Parrots:
    Different rules apply to Grimoire.

^ Top  
  22. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Parrots:
    I don't know how that trailer is supposed to attract anybody. All they show is completely barren, low-poly environments with poor textures and even worse lighting. No gameplay, nothing. Why exactly should I care at all?

Because:

DISCOVER AND EXPERIENCE

:lol:

Well, if it also has "WALK AND LOOK" I'm sold.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    Just started playing the Blade of Destiny remake. After all those patches, I guess I might as well.
    Holy shit, obviously made for 4-direction movement games and weird ass MMO style mouse-look do not work together well. At all.

Also, I just realized how weirdly many taverns there are in Thorwal. Every 2nd house is a fucking pub. Drunkards :lol:

Really, a "remake" version using the same graphics, slightly modernized UI and improving the rules as they did (like removing non-used spells or that nonsense Jester class) - that would have been much better.
    But meh-at-best 3D graphics are doing the game a disservice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Win! Win! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Morkar illiterate

Morkar
    Parrots:
    They improved the rule systems / mechanics compared to the original games. Basically they took the old DSA edition and added optinonal rules, mostly inspired from the latest editions, to it.

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. twincast Learned Patron In My Safe Space

twincast
    Parrots:
    They are still merely the biggest fish in a very small pond. I don't think they'd have the resources to do more than write related adventures to cross-promote even if they wanted to. I very much get the impression that if they'd do any amount of reasonable financing of a video game, they'd be risking literally everything. And The Dark Eye has seen more than enough bankruptcies in my book. Who knows, maybe their North America subsidiary and all those sweet heretical Warhammer 40,000 moneys will end up filling their coffers enough for such.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)