Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Realms of Arkania: Star Trail HD - less shovelware this time?

Do you want to support old-school role playing games by making a high-interest investment?

• Total voters

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
eddie-murphy-laughing-o.gif

Siobhan

Arbiter
Austria benefits disproportionally from Germany's economy. It doesn't matter how fucked up Austrian politics is as long as Germany does well. A shitty Austrian developer piggybacking on the success of a German P&P RPG is actually the perfect metaphor.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I'll buy it because I'm a stupid fucking idiot that loves Star Trail even though I know it will be absolute garbage.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
In German there is the term "Verschlimmbessern" for what these guys are doing. Something like "improve it to make it worse".

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Austria benefits disproportionally from Germany's economy. It doesn't matter how fucked up Austrian politics is as long as Germany does well. A shitty Austrian developer piggybacking on the success of a German P&P RPG is actually the perfect metaphor.
So this is why Merkel want them sand dindus, to end the RoA remake rape.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
For a hobbyist team, they were quite persistent and even stubborn with the post release development / fixes. I haven't really played the game though, the ugly combat models made it all but impossible and the lack of a coherent art direction didn't really help, even though, they have some assets, like the character portraits, which look quite good. But those make the ugly parts even more noticeable. It looks like Star Trail might improve that a bit, and I hope it will move into tolerable territory, but I kinda doubt it. They have the basics down tech-wise now, so maybe there's more time to "polish" the experience.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I found it on the internet, it must be real. Though I have never seen it before today. It says it's North German only.

BishopOfBattle

Literate
Mein Name ist Christian Weinmüllner, ich bin Geschäftsführer und Projektleiter für das Projekt Sternenschweif HD. Da das Kernteam von Crafty Studios nur aus Ronald Haider und mir besteht, habe ich noch ein paar weitere Hüte auf, unter anderem bin ich für die Programmierung zuständig. Natürlich ist das nicht das ganze „Sternenschweif“-Team, neben einer hochmotivierten Truppe von Testern/Moddern/Umsetzungshelfern haben wir auch noch eine Reihe an externen Mitarbeitern, die je nach Bedarf für die Bereiche 2D- und 3D-Design, Programmierung und Leveldesign eingesetzt werden.

Since nobody translated this :

My Name is Christian Weinmüllner, the CEO and Project Lead for Project Startrail HD. Because the core-team of crafty studios is only composed out of Ronald Haider and me, i assume several other positions as well, including programming. Of course, this is not the complete team of Startrail. Next to a highly motivated group of testers / modders / assistants we have multiple external employees, which can be utilized on-demand for 2D / 3D Design, Programming and Leveldesign.

This basically says nothing anybody could already assume. Small team, lots of external and maybe voluntary employees.

Severian Silk

I'm not making much progress in BoD. Something about the graphics (more likely the controls and poor translation) literally makes me feel slightly nauseous. I have to stop playing after 20 min. Also, the combat is too simple and there is hardly any dialogue.

I will switch to UnderRail when it is released.

My Name is Christian Weinmüllner, the CEO and Project Lead for Project Startrail HD. Because the core-team of crafty studios is only composed out of Ronald Haider and me, i assume several other positions as well, including programming. Of course, this is not the complete team of Startrail. Next to a highly motivated group of testers / modders / assistants we have multiple external employees, which can be utilized on-demand for 2D / 3D Design, Programming and Leveldesign.

I wish he had utilized them just a bit more...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom