Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Realms of Arkania: Star Trail HD - less shovelware this time?

Do you want to support old-school role playing games by making a high-interest investment?

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
https://www.sternenschweif.com

Crowdvesting is the Next Big Thing in video game funding; whereas Kickstarter merely serves as a glorified pre-order mechanism to give shady companies your hard earned money with few mechanisms for reparations, crowdvesting platforms treat your investment as a loan to the publisher (i.e. you get your money back, but you won't get a free copy) and pay you dividends as well.

One of the biggest and most popular German publishers, UIG Entertainment, has decided to test the waters with one of the Codex's most beloved franchises. The site has not officially launched yet, but the same publisher is currently running a test project (already successfully funded) for another game with detailed conditions:

Gewinnbeteiligung: JA
Basiszinssatz: 4,5%
Minimaler Zeichnungsbetrag: EUR 100
Maximaler Zeichnungsbetrag: EUR 5.000
Vertragslaufzeit: 3,5 Jahre
Beteiligungsform: Nachrangdarlehen

If this holds true for the new RPG, investors would get a share of the profits and 4,5% interest (very good in today's market) over about 3-4 years, with a minimum investment of 100 Euros.
This is the chance for the Codex to make RPG history and earn some much needed site maintenance funds in the process.

And now for the "holy fucking shit" moment: the new project is Realms of Arkania: Star Trail HD :salute:

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol: What? Do they mean investing in patches or what? It's already out. For a given definition of "out" at least.

mastroego

Arcane
No, enough of everything.

I'll put my money of the next classic only when enough time has passed from its release that it can be safely argued that it's a classic.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Star Trail is already a classic, so there's no danger or uncertainty there. This project just wants to make a great game better.

pippin

Oh for fucks sake, the devs of the original had "legal problems" which kept this other remake abomination out of Steam for months and now this. Excellent, fucking excellent.

Poor Guido. And poor people involved with DSA. It's almost like Warhammer.

Morkar Left

The idea of bypassing banks is good.

Herre in praticular the idea of not getting a game copy or some goodie is retarded because nobody will see this as a serious investment. And Star Trail? :notsureifserious:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I feel like the mood in this thread has shifted since the title change.

agris

Arcane
Patron
An investment model is a lot more financially rigorous for companies to be held to. It also requires a much greater degree of comprehension for the people doing the investment. Since we're talking about video game devs and players, this is destined to fail.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I think to some extent you can make an informed decision being a "player" and investing in game projects. But in this case, there are some red flags. It's subordinated debt (not too unusual) and they created a special purpose entity for the development, which means, it can go out of business without UIG having to pay up. So I wouldn't see it as an investment, but a Kickstarter like donation with the added benefit of getting the money back with some interest in case the game actually succeeds.

Larian should do it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Star Trail HD has disappeared from Conda. I checked up on it almost every day, for obvious reasons, so this is a CODEX EXCLUSIVE report on a brand new development that could send ripples through the entire industry. What could it all mean? Feel free to speculate.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
http://www.sternenschweif.com

- Unity 5.2
- Early Access planned for summer 2016, release for Q3 2016
- character import confirmed
- you will be able to enter ALL villages on the world map - a drastic improvement over the original game
- maps for new villages will be based on sourcebooks
- increased moddability
- radically improved animations and character models, as shown in the trailer:

Infinitron

Last edited by a moderator:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Game literally couldn't have made more than a 1,000,000 USD and it's getting a sequel? This might make sense to me if it was developed in the Czech Republic, but it's 11-richest-countries in the world Austria.

The strange world of European RPG development.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Game literally couldn't have made more than a 1,000,000 USD and it's getting a sequel? This might make sense to me if it was developed in the Czech Republic, but it's 11-richest-countries in the world Austria.

The strange world of European RPG development.

Mein Name ist Christian Weinmüllner, ich bin Geschäftsführer und Projektleiter für das Projekt Sternenschweif HD. Da das Kernteam von Crafty Studios nur aus Ronald Haider und mir besteht, habe ich noch ein paar weitere Hüte auf, unter anderem bin ich für die Programmierung zuständig. Natürlich ist das nicht das ganze „Sternenschweif“-Team, neben einer hochmotivierten Truppe von Testern/Moddern/Umsetzungshelfern haben wir auch noch eine Reihe an externen Mitarbeitern, die je nach Bedarf für die Bereiche 2D- und 3D-Design, Programmierung und Leveldesign eingesetzt werden.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
... haben wir auch noch eine Reihe an externen Mitarbeitern, die je nach Bedarf für die Bereiche 2D- und 3D-Design, Programmierung und Leveldesign eingesetzt werden.
Incompetent animators and modelers from the Unity asset store don't count, Christian.

radically improved animations and character models, as shown in the trailer:
:dead:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom