Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Realms of Arkania questions

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Don't listen to Andhaira, BoD looks loads better than the sequels, since it is clean 2d art instead of the fake pixelated 3d those have.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
BoD is more forgiving than Star Trail in terms of recovery and sickness, I feel.
I would start with BoD, avoid powergaming and accept a flawed party. Tolerating high negative attributes is fun, brings out more of the game.

After playing through these games, I encountered a bug which took me quite a while to fix up. I imported my party from BoD into ST, whereupon they all had baby faces....

Is this bug still in the GoG version?

hanssolo

Educated
CheekySp said:
Blackadder said:
How did you do this?
I've had English versions lying around for quite some time, but recently I've got my hands on the full DSA collection (German cd versions).
I've installed German Arkania 1 (Schicksalsklinge), and replaced SCHICK.DAT with BLADE.DAT from English version (renaming it to SCHICK.DAT).

I did this for Star Trail (replacing STAR.DAT from the German 2 CD version with STAR.DAT from the English version) and the majority of the game becomes English while retaining CD audio. The interface remains German unless you rename or remove DATA\DPATCH.DAT, dunno if this has any other consequences. Combat retains das, der, des, ein, eine, etc., but you can change these into their English equivalents by editing SCHWEIF.EXE. I've played around the start of the game with it and it seems to work without issue.

edit: also, the German version doesn't seem to have any copy protection, and shows characters spell level in the combat interface

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you could pm me the respective files...

Well, i'd delete them promptly!

Wolfus

Arcane
I'll try it too, thanks! I love 2CD version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom