Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the FUCK is going on here? Do these guys exist in an alternate universe where the laws of economics do not apply?

I was hoping we could interview somebody after the console version came out and everybody got fired, but if they're making Star Trail they probably won't talk.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
By the way, no English language news sites have caught on to this yet. This could be a chance for the Codex to raise our global profile with a breaking news item...

edit: Nothing on any German news sites either. Looks like they didn't want to waste money on a press release.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the way, no English language news sites have caught on to this yet. This could be a chance for the Codex to raise our global profile with a breaking news item...
I can see it now- ITZ coming, ROA HD2 is upon us....

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yo Bubbles, looks like the console version has a new release date of...September 2014?!

HOW MUCH MORE MONEY WILL THESE GUYS BE PAID???

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Probably not that much. Before BoD HD, the publisher and the developer were both exclusively involved with cheap shovelware. If they drew up the same type of contract for the remakes+ports, they're not likely to get rich any time soon.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Great news indeed.
I mean, they're remaking my favorite game series evar, featuring very solid and deep RPG mechanics and great low key fantasy.
What could possibly go wrong?
Where can I preorder?

getter77

Augur
Amazing---I guess that the hopes for eternal patching can continue unabated with Star Trail work eventually becoming a bullet point mixed in with Enhancements, Fixes, Content, etc.

The perfect cap on this would be them getting caught in a loop on again remaking RoA HD once they "finish" the third game in the Trilogy using the same engine as per now. Or perhaps they'll get enough sales to update to Unity5 and somehow something something...

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
ahahaha

hell yeah

Who even bought this game besides us? Anyway, hoping for another half-German, half-English release.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
This whole thing smells like a cheap attempt at "milking the cow" so to speak.

More like hacking the cow in half in an effort to extract milk, confusedly sifting through the entrails in search of it, then turning towards Daisy and Doris with a sharper blade and renewed determination.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
This whole thing smells like a cheap attempt at "milking the cow" so to speak.

More like hacking the cow in half in an effort to extract milk, confusedly sifting through the entrails in search of it, then turning towards Daisy and Doris with a sharper blade and renewed determination.
:lol:

Have these guys considered working for Paradox? Something tells me they'd make a good fit.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am convinced they are taking advantage of some obscure German tax-loop. Uwe Boll did it for years to finance his craptastic 'films'.

Whiran

Magister
I am convinced they are taking advantage of some obscure German tax-loop. Uwe Boll did it for years to finance his craptastic 'films'.
Maybe if they keep "working at it" they'll get better?

At least, in theory, each iteration should be better than the previous one right?

Durwyn

Prophet
At least, in theory, each iteration should be better than the previous one right?
Gothic 2 > 3 .............. > Arcania (not Piranha IK)
Risen 1 > 2
Deus Ex 1 > 3 > 2 ................. >
The Fail
Daggerfall > Morrowind.................. > Skyrim .................>Oblivion

Etc.
Despite some minor changes in chronology... Nope

Maybe if they keep "working at it" they'll get better?
No

This shit ate my bandwidth, HDD space and almost an hour of my precious time before I rage-uninstalled. Glad that I've resisted the temptation to buy it.

Last edited:
RoA HD is dev'd

and we have funded it

statue_planet.jpeg

Cenobyte

Prophet
Ladies and Gentlemen... I take pride in introducing... the GREATEST NEWS ON EARTH:

Sternenschweif HD ist in Arbeit
Wir bei Crafty Studios freuen uns bekannt geben zu dürfen, dass wir gemeinsam mit unserem Publisher UIG ab sofort mit Hochtouren an Sternenschweif HD arbeiten! Der Release ist bisher mit "Ende dieses Jahres" geplant. Wir bitten euch auch weiterhin um tatkräftige Mithilfe, Vorschläge und aktive Teilnahme an den Diskussionen hier im Forum, da wir eure geschätzte Meinung wie schon bisher in unsere Entwicklung einfließen lassen wollen! Vielen Dank für eure Geduld, eure Treue und euren Einsatz!

well, until the end of the year still means plenty of opportunities for the closing of the studio...

Turjan

Arcane
I still haven't tried the first game. I got it in some bundle, so I technically paid a few cents for it. I cannot bring myself to fire it up though.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I actually have this thread to thank for dissuading me from buying the remake. Right before the release, the pre-order was on sale for $5 or $10 and I was about to get it. As soon as I saw initial gameplay footage, I was glad I didn't.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Oh dear.. I hope I don't have to play that second part HD remake as well.
Someone probably has to do it, though.

I'm still in shock, hoping that this isn't real and I am just insane. That'd be preferable at this point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom