Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

Stabwound

Arcane
Dungeon Lords wasn't nearly as bad, but it was released very incomplete. Cities full of empty houses, fucked up gameplay, bugs galore, etc. They kept patching it, then released several more remakes of it and enhancements over the year. Maybe it's medicore/decent by now. D. W. bradley has been using this game for 10 years now.

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
They weren't able to implement a language selector option in time for the English release, so non-German players trying to play the Steam version will have to change the language manually:

Go here in the game folder (Program Files(x86) > steam > steamapps > common > Realms of Arkania > schick_Data > Data > Voiceover) for me:

Change the folder de to de_backup

Change the folder en to de

Restart game and the voiceovers will be in english.

To change the text:
go to (for me) -> (Program Files(x86) > steam > steamapps > common > Realms of Arkania > schick_Data > Data)

Change de to de_backup
Change en to de

Don't forget to reverse this change when the patch is released.

1-day patch is supposed to fix this issue, but no guarantees.

edit: by the way, the game is now OFFICIALLY RELEASED!:incline:

A user named cat

I can't believe they're trying to sell this shit for $20. Clockwork Knight please post some info and screenshots of just how half-baked this is, I'm morbidly curious now.

MightyHoax

Educated
Project: Eternity
So this happened just after I left the temple..

biVoySR.png

I am not able to make it disappear - it just pops back up. Basically I am not able to play the game at all.

:x

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OK, this isn't funny anymore. Contact Valve, get a refund, get the game taken down from Steam.

Got this from a GMG sale at >50% off, just downloaded from Steam, looking forward to the bugstravaganza. The game looks and feels really cheap and wonky to the point where it's actually almost funny (the original certainly looks quite a bit nicer even today).

Edit: 8 minutes in, had one crash to desktop and quite a few disappearing textures, plus some instances of what are either missing voiceovers (playing the German version) or some very weird decision making as to which parts of a text description should be voiced (e.g. only the last sentence). Thorwal is full of non-interactive zombie citizens with creepy facial expressions and zero interaction, whereas the actual market where you're supposedly interacting with vendors is visually represented by a group of deserted stalls. The most puzzling thing however is that I thought the point was making the original game prettier and easier to navigate and use, whereas this is in fact at the same time both considerably uglier and more clunky. It's rather fascinating, really.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
2013 was the year that we were supposed to start seeing the:incline:, how is that working out?

Only chance for a turnaround is if AoD is released this year (WL2 probably won't come out of beta before 2014), otherwise chalk this one off as :decline:.

Drowed

Arcane
The more I read about it, the more I'm amazed by it all. It's unbelievable the nerve (or the courage, in a bad sense) of them to release a game in this state. Spells that do not "have been implemented"? Lack of sounds? Bugs at every 10 steps? Saves that auto-delete? "Testing achievement" (well, that's some :incline: at least)!

Holy shit, haha! How did they manage to fuck this up so bad? :lol:

Renevent

Cipher
Haven't purchased this but reading the Steam forums one of the devs said the game was released 10 hours early and some things (like the language/text issues) are broken. Patch later today is supposed to fix it. Going to hold off for now though until I hear these issues are taken care of.

MightyHoax

Educated
Project: Eternity
So this happened just after I left the temple..

snip

I am not able to make it disappear - it just pops back up. Basically I am not able to play the game at all.

:x

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

after six times it went away - it was the same message for all characters - but still..:eek::eek:

totally unplayable on my iMac - even on passable settings. Haven´t tried it on my gaming rig yet.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Guido "Nameless One" Henkel must be disappointed.It can't be otherwise.How dare they wreck the realm?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom