Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"gamers not understanding the revolutionary ideas" in Dungeon Keeper mobile.
What? The progress in the game was tied to the Earth's revolution around the sun, of course it's revolutionary!

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
wow, some creative marketing in that thread....:retarded:

edit:
woot, my 100 post after beeing a member for 5 years an 3 months :D

bloodlover

Arcane
I assume that people on Steam saying that "it's the most delayed game" and bitching about four days never heard of Grimoire :lol: And what's with the hype anyway? Two Worlds were mediocre games and the pirate setting was already done recenltly with Risen series.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I assume that people on Steam saying that "it's the most delayed game" and bitching about four days never heard of Grimoire :lol: And what's with the hype anyway? Two Worlds were mediocre games and the pirate setting was already done recenltly with Risen series.

They even had a pirate themed (stand alone?) expansion for Two Worlds 2.

Guy on Steam said:
Seriosly?
Look, the most delayed game ever is Cleve Blakemore's Grimoire. It should have been released decades ago and still isn't. So...

:D

norolim

Arcane
wow, some creative marketing in that thread...
I'm sure you meant threat, right? Cause that's what the developer closed after 5 pages, the threat. Probably because he perceived it to be a thread to his company...

Anyway, I watched one of the gameplay videos and I must say it is an interesting choice to have a handicapped player character. I mean, the man clearly suffers from myopia. Anyhing more than 10 meters away from him is extremely blurry .

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
wow, some creative marketing in that thread...
I'm sure you meant threat, right? Cause that's what the developer closed after 5 pages, the threat. Probably because he perceived it to be a thread to his company...

Anyway, I watched one of the gameplay videos and I must say it is an interesting choice to have a handicapped player character. I mean, the man clearly suffers from myopia. Anyhing more than 10 meters away from him is extremely blurry .

He he, strange how many use the wrong word for that.. But it does seem the developer looked at the poster as a threat, so maybe he used the right word?..

SophosTheWise

Cipher
I'm not even surprised by the guy that did the AMA. The guy is called Dirk Hassinger and he is personified rudeness. He basically did the same thing in the Two Worlds 2 forums after it was released and people started to complain about map size and other things. The guy's nuts.

norolim

Arcane
I'm not even surprised by the guy that did the AMA. The guy is called Dirk Hassinger and he is personified rudeness. He basically did the same thing in the Two Worlds 2 forums after it was released and people started to complain about map size and other things. The guy's nuts.
Mind you, CEO at TopWare Interactive (publisher) and Financial Director at Reality Pump (developer; which means they basically have been incapacitated by TopWare).

Ramireza

Savant

WTF?... i mean.. WTF??

It seems that Pirates! from 1986 is still the best Pirate Game.

Luckra

Educated
Crashes, black screens, menu options that don't work and parts of the game in german only are the main flavors on the Steam forums it would seem.
:deadhorse:

pippin

So, Ride to Hell: Retribution has a competitor when it comes to awkward as hell sex scenes....

Deleted member 7219

Wow. Honestly, making Two Worlds look like a good game really takes some doing.

Trip81

Novice
I dont't know if all this hate is reasonable or if it is hyperbole. Hard to tell these days in the internet. I haven't played it yet but what i see in the gameplay videos looks like this game doesn't deserve this "dumbest shit ever" treatment.

Trip81

Novice
this is codex. your game is shit until proven otherwise.
I don't think its only on rpgcodex like this. Many other pages are very similar like rpgcodex at least in the hatred part.on a german forum where i stopped writing posts it was like "what 84er Metacritic? What a piece of crap" im just sick of this. There are games who are masterpieces there are games that a crap and there are games that are just ok or for some people maybe even fun. Not every game must be close to the best of the best.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Problem is all these small studios go for full 3d animations and other bullshit and end up failing miserably. Why not scale it back and make it good, build an audience and go from there. But noooo it's always balls to the wall "latest" 28 times anti-aliasing and bloom shining from assholes. This piece of shit looks like, at best, it's worse in every single way than Assassins Creed: Black Flag because at least that had fluid animations. FFS learn to lower the bar and make realistic goals.

Bruticis

My initial Steam download was 2GB (instead of 16GB) which crashed as soon as I launched it. Turns out the devs didn't move the live build to the correct spot and steam installed some ancient beta build that doesn't even run. We're off to a good start!

Bruticis

Holy fuck this game is BADDDDDDDD. Started out looking OKish with decent video options (retardly it defaults to highest DSR res and not native display res). I dared to have a controller plugged in when starting up the game so of course potato ensures I can't change to mouse and keyboard. It all goes downhill the second the gameplay starts. It should be no surprise to anyone that the game feels cheap as fuck. There's so much potato it's not even funny. The UI is hideous and ugh, forget it, uninstalling. This is definitely my crown jewel of D1P thus far.
A3798CBB984889CCCF5A759BB4449BD86453DEF4

2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

:Flash:

Arcane
Mind you, CEO at TopWare Interactive (publisher) and Financial Director at Reality Pump (developer; which means they basically have been incapacitated by TopWare).
Reality Pump has been a creation of TopWare and Dirk Hassinger from the get-go. Reality Pump used to be called Topware Poland.
And yes, the guy is crazy, but you have to give him credit where credit is due. He built TopWare from nothing, was sued by German Telekom, was jailed for Tax evasion, had his company bankrupt (that's the point where Topware Poland was renamed), was released, and rebuilt the company from scratch a second time. He certainly is a colourful character.

But he is also the only CEO of a publisher to directly interact with the community. And I enjoy his rants much more than the blathing of the PR departments of normal publishers. I'm surprised that even the Codex would prefer a PR department to this very Codexian CEO.

Morkar Left

All I know about the game so far is that graphic whores consider it to be shit because it's not on Ass Creeps level.

Can anybody tell anything more detailed about - dunno - gameplay?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom