Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

A user named cat

I just spent 2 hours to download and install all Gothic 3 patches:
G3
CP1.75
QP4.2 + Update (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post18870844)
CM2.6.2

Entered game and tried to kill one Orc then ... fucking uninstalled. The combat is completely shit.

Whoever said that G3 combat was fixed is just a liar or ... a retard.
I pretty much had the same experience too except played for 4-5 hours, forcibly. All those bastards who praised the fixed combat mechanics and balancing from the patches, what scum. All you do from the beginning to hours into the game is button mouse mash to victory while there is no type of feedback to your strikes or even character progression. You go around basically giving enemies papercuts and collecting herbs, hoping to avoid any gravity glitches the patchers missed because there are still some areas you fall to your death from 5 feet up. Game is horrible and has been on my shelf ever since, collecting more dust than my cassette tape collection.

Trip81

Novice
Trip81
1) Hm, cool, I guess? Does it affect their behaviour, like damage to arm/leg crippling a limb?
2) I was trying to give you positive examples of hitboxes done well in melee combat, duckling. But yeah, you should probably stop responding to me if that's your level of responding, it's really powerful and I feel very defeated. Zelda? Maybe, I haven't played console games since 1996 though. I thought we're talking PC ARPGs here. 3rd person PC ARPGs of the period are pretty bad with hitboxes. Console ARPGs do probably have better hitboxes and timing though, yup. You got me there, tiger.
3) Uh, I don't recall mis-timings in animation/connection being too much of an issue, especially in G2. G1, maybe, can't remember too well, but if I'm not raging about it, probably wasn't so bad. YMMV I guess.
5-7) :lol:
8) You need a long vacation from the internet, guy.

1)no it doesn't ist just not as dumb as in gothic. nothing else i say. you first have to understand what i write bevore you should answer. and don't try the my english ist bad chicken answer.
2)no you didn't you tried do deselect my possible answers. so you want crpgs with better combat?
so lets see gothic 2 (the advanced combat version of gothic 1) gniihihihih just look at it. its all there. impact,hitbox.necessary combat moves. enemy ai. everything in one video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1qUmHAf0c

so you want better crpgs with better combat ? deus ex ?system shock 2?arx fatalis?thief? is that enough? you need more? gothic combat is shit. its just simple as that.
3) of course you don't because you obiously don't know what you are talking about.
5-7) first of all between 3 and 5 there comes 4. numbers are hard i know. and of course you use a smily. in history itself you emberrassed yourself two times in a row. its all there saved in the internet. everyone can read it.
8)of course i do. because the internet is full of guys like you. i dont want all the dirt on my sweet white jacket.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
5-7) first of all between 3 and 5 there comes 4. numbers are hard i know. and of course you use a smily. in history itself you emberrassed yourself two times in a row. its all there saved in the internet. everyone can read it.
Yup, internet doesn't forget. Quoting just in case you notice your mistake and try to hide it.
oh mann i don't wanna be the reason you can't sleep tonight

1) the hitboxes dont' exist and there is no result in hittung other parts. yes in raven's cry they exist and even influance the way your enemy fall. not very good but its there.
2)first of all rune an Arpg? are you kidding me? here and right now i should stop answering you. i really should but you know what im not nearly that kind of bad guy all you try so hard to let me look like. so you want some games with better impact? espacially Arpgs?why 2001 its toooo easy. how about Zelda the ocarine of time from 1998? if rune is a ARPG Zelda two times is. isn't it?
Or to answer your question propably. even fuckiny Kings Field has better impact in thei games than gothic. the only ropgs with worse impact are mmorpgs.

3)i dont't have problems with the animations itself. the animations of the moves doesn't fit in the mechanic. the duration is wrong the impact isn't there so there is nothing like fight and react. its just stupid parry parry hack hack hack.
5) dude this is even more emberassing. Germany pussieung out. what a history expert you are-. thumbs ub. i know you have your bros here and what not but i see through that. you don't know what you are talking about. the third time i laughed because of you thx alot.
6)yes you are. i can smell it.
7)believe you will love me. why? you won't win even one discusion. you will try again and again. mabye you will ignore me. but not even one ;)
8) im at home relaxing watching tv. but thx.
Thanks for the thread btw. Brightens up my boring-ass day.

Trip81

Novice
Yup, internet doesn't forget. Quoting just in case you notice your mistake and try to hide it.
oh mann i don't wanna be the reason you can't sleep tonight

1) the hitboxes dont' exist and there is no result in hittung other parts. yes in raven's cry they exist and even influance the way your enemy fall. not very good but its there.
2)first of all rune an Arpg? are you kidding me? here and right now i should stop answering you. i really should but you know what im not nearly that kind of bad guy all you try so hard to let me look like. so you want some games with better impact? espacially Arpgs?why 2001 its toooo easy. how about Zelda the ocarine of time from 1998? if rune is a ARPG Zelda two times is. isn't it?
Or to answer your question propably. even fuckiny Kings Field has better impact in thei games than gothic. the only ropgs with worse impact are mmorpgs.

3)i dont't have problems with the animations itself. the animations of the moves doesn't fit in the mechanic. the duration is wrong the impact isn't there so there is nothing like fight and react. its just stupid parry parry hack hack hack.
5) dude this is even more emberassing. Germany pussieung out. what a history expert you are-. thumbs ub. i know you have your bros here and what not but i see through that. you don't know what you are talking about. the third time i laughed because of you thx alot.
6)yes you are. i can smell it.
7)believe you will love me. why? you won't win even one discusion. you will try again and again. mabye you will ignore me. but not even one ;)
8) im at home relaxing watching tv. but thx.
Thanks for the thread btw. Brightens up my boring-ass day.
yep you got me there :) the 4 was my fault.
but i coult quote you also

now steam forums might be a different story, but i don't think here are too many "haters in the holes"

that was very quick wasn't it?

Angthoron

Arcane
1)no it doesn't ist just not as dumb as in gothic. nothing else i say. you first have to understand what i write bevore you should answer. and don't try the my english ist bad chicken answer.
No, your English is serviceable, it's just that your explanations are shit. So you're basically saying that the combat is the same old shit, but there's more bells and whistles in a 2015 game than there are in a 2001 game, and that you like the bells and whistles a lot.
2)no you didn't you tried do deselect my possible answers. so you want crpgs with better combat? so lets see gothic 2 (the advanced combat version of gothic 1) gniihihihih just look at it. its all there. impact,hitbox.necessary combat moves. enemy ai. everything in one video. so you want better crpgs with better combat ? deus ex ?system shock 2?arx fatalis?thief? is that enough? you need more? gothic combat is shit. its just simple as that.
Ooooh. Reversal time. Thief is an RPG now? I should stop responding to you! System Shock 2 and Deus Ex are also pretty borderline, some of the more rabid RPG fans might tell you to fuck right off. SS2 hitboxes are pretty basic as well, though attacks are well timed to the animations. However, since when are these 3rd person ARPGs? Oh, man, you can't even. Arx Fatalis? Is it 3rd Person ARPG? What am I missing here? Oh hey, look at that, you didn't mention a single 3rd person ARPG in your post. Call me when you aren't comparing apples and oranges.
3) of course you don't because you obiously don't know what you are talking about.
Well it's a good thing you came here and set everything straight!
Maybe if you'd not have missed out on 4 I'd have responded to you. Or maybe not, since, you know, your posts are pretty inane. I do admit that I'm embarrassing myself by responding to a lazy troll, but it's been a slow day and entertainment was sorely needed. Sorry man, you probably thought we shared something special.
8)of course i do. because the internet is full of guys like you. i dont want all the dirt on my sweet white jacket.
A White Knight! I'm humbled. Will you bring us social justice after your well-earned rest? Will you continue your quest of proving everyone wrong?

Angthoron
GET OFF THE 'DEX AND RECTIFY THIS FAILING IMMEDIATELY.

Hell I'd gift it to you from gog if that's what it takes.
I think I have it on GoG already, just gotta clear some of that backlog.

Anyway, I see that I have to re-evaluate the rating of this trollery, it was decent and adoptive earlier on, but somehow ran out of steam pretty quick. :2/5:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We really need a half troll rating smiley.
:.5/5:
:1.5/5:
:2.5/5:
:3.5/5:
:4.5/5:
and all that. :3/5::0/5: just doesn't cut it.

Trip81

Novice
If you release a bugged mess and charge over 50€ for it, you better be prepared for some angry customers. Threaten to sue them doesn't help either.
It's not easy ad that you know that. Yes you are right a buggy game should receive punishment but all the haters are in there holes just waiting for an oppurtunity to attack a game or a developer, all the hate ubisoft got last year wasn't even nearly justified.
now steam forums might be a different story, but i don't think here are too many "haters in the holes" but people that are genuinely interested in playing a good pirate rpg after risen 2(which was meh-ish) or AC:BF (which was, well, an AC game). Now that it is evident that Raven's Cry won't scratch this particular itch, these guys are rather disappointed (me included, and unlike most around here i had hope until today). And as said, releasing the game in this state and charging full price is downright offensive.
Also I don't know your standards when you claim DA:I is a masterpiece and the Evil Within is good, to each his own I guess. But coming to Ubisofts defense? Seriously? Have you ever played a game requirin Uplay?

Btw since everyone trashtalks TW2, can someone point me to the according codex thread? All I can find here are links to other site's 8/10, 9/10 reviews. Game is lying around in my library for quite a while and I really would like to know why I shouldn't play it.
No, your English is serviceable, it's just that your explanations are shit. So you're basically saying that the combat is the same old shit, but there's more bells and whistles in a 2015 game than there are in a 2001 game, and that you like the bells and whistles a lot.
2)no you didn't you tried do deselect my possible answers. so you want crpgs with better combat? so lets see gothic 2 (the advanced combat version of gothic 1) gniihihihih just look at it. its all there. impact,hitbox.necessary combat moves. enemy ai. everything in one video. so you want better crpgs with better combat ? deus ex ?system shock 2?arx fatalis?thief? is that enough? you need more? gothic combat is shit. its just simple as that.
Ooooh. Reversal time. Thief is an RPG now? I should stop responding to you! System Shock 2 and Deus Ex are also pretty borderline, some of the more rabid RPG fans might tell you to fuck right off. SS2 hitboxes are pretty basic as well, though attacks are well timed to the animations. However, since when are these 3rd person ARPGs? Oh, man, you can't even. Arx Fatalis? Is it 3rd Person ARPG? What am I missing here? Oh hey, look at that, you didn't mention a single 3rd person ARPG in your post. Call me when you aren't comparing apples and oranges.
Well it's a good thing you came here and set everything straight!
Maybe if you'd not have missed out on 4 I'd have responded to you. Or maybe not, since, you know, your posts are pretty inane. I do admit that I'm embarrassing myself by responding to a lazy troll, but it's been a slow day and entertainment was sorely needed. Sorry man, you probably thought we shared something special.
A White Knight! I'm humbled. Will you bring us social justice after your well-earned rest? Will you continue your quest of proving everyone wrong?

Angthoron
GET OFF THE 'DEX AND RECTIFY THIS FAILING IMMEDIATELY.

Hell I'd gift it to you from gog if that's what it takes.
I think I have it on GoG already, just gotta clear some of that backlog.

Anyway, I see that I have to re-evaluate the rating of this trollery, it was decent and adoptive earlier on, but somehow ran out of steam pretty quick. :2/5:

1) no you dont even understand what i am talking about. impact is no bells and whisltes its absolute one of the most important mechanics in melee combat gameplay. ...impact ... bells and whistles .... the 4th time i laughed. i cant remember someone have done this before.good one.cutie boy

2)soo now you want a western 3rd person action rpg which is only on computer. whit better melee combat than risen. oh dont't forget only from the year 2001. jesus christ you are funny. 5th time i laughed. maybe you tighten the filter? maybe lets say something like um what about a the game has to have 5 letters not more not less? or what about the playable charakter has to have 3 legs? what about that? and yes thief is an rpg. and i give a fuck about it what some what did you called it?rabid Rpg Fans think about it. And i don't have to call you. i just have to whistle and there you are.

3)thx but like i see it this will take a lot of time. this really is a mess. have to clean this up.

5-7) no you emberassed yourself because you tried to put history in your wannabe funny little "attack" the problem is when you don't know shit about history this become an own goal. i laughed you tried to hide it emberassed yourself again and i laughed again. you shoukld read what you write.

8) i will continue my humble quest as long as its entertainment. if im get bored i will go.

Trip81

Novice
We really need a half troll rating smiley.
:.5/5:
:1.5/5:
:2.5/5:
:3.5/5:
:4.5/5:
and all that. :3/5::0/5: just doesn't cut it.
the fuq is that? a joke? an attack? nether? you wanna help your bro or what?

7150aa940d66b4bf2bca4eaabc89fe1f.jpg

norolim

Arcane
So, I was right. The background VOs HAVE been recorded by Polish "actors", after all. And my guess is the "actors: are actually the developers and their friends. That's a bit desperate.

Angthoron

Arcane
So, I was right. The background VOs HAVE been recorded by Polish "actors", after all. And my guess is the "actors: are actually the developers and their friends. That's a bit desperate.
Well, it's not such a big deal, to be fair. Voice acting is kinda overrated in any case, would the game really improve if it was voiced by an all-professional cast?

Also, bored of the little show, I was hoping for something original, but alas, it's just re-runs of the same posts. If the guy's a troll, he's not very good as it's a one-trick pony. If he's for real, well... for him, it was the day he stood up to the evils of the internet, for the rest, it was a Monday.

On the plus side, I have Blade of Darkness on my backlog now, thanks to this.

norolim

Arcane
Well, it's not such a big deal, to be fair. Voice acting is kinda overrated in any case, would the game really improve if it was voiced by an all-professional cast?
Well, I prefer no background VO to background VO with heavy accent and broken English. So yes, the game would improve if it didn't have background VO at all.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, I prefer no background VO to background VO with heavy accent and broken English. So yes, the game would improve if it didn't have background VO at all.
Good point. I gotta say, one wonders what moves through the mind of a publisher with cases like these. "Yeah, we'll have these guys make an open-world RPG, give them a budget that can afford them three kebabs and a coke, then publish it and call it a day."?

MasPingon

Arcane
But the combat? Many said this game is way more shitty than risen or gothic. I dont't know which magic version of risen/gothic you played but until now the combat is way better than the even more shitty risen/gothic combat.

You just dumbfucked yourself.

Darkzone

Arcane
The sabers look like Masamune length.
Which Masamune blade? There are severals, because masamune is a swordsmith.
But the length is due to the fact that they used the long polish hussar saber, which was very long, because it was made to be used from horseback. (around 1m long, rarely 1.2m ) The later models were shorter. That is a flaw of all the makers of such games, because pirates used the cutlass. The spanish used the spada da lato (side-sword), english used more the broadsword and backsword type of blades. And the Rapier was more / only a duelling (civilian) weapon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom