Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

Baron Dupek

Arcane
bros you dont want to play this

i'll try a few more hours just to make sure since i already made the effort of dloading it, but you really shouldn't consider biting the bullet as well

technically speaking the game is playable, but from the looks of it I'd say that only about 25% of its actual content is really complete

Sounds like Two Worlds 2, where only part of the world map was avaliable, rest (80%) was for multi.
Mods fixed it though.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

i'll try a few more hours just to make sure since i already made the effort of dloading it, but you really shouldn't consider biting the bullet as well

technically speaking the game is playable, but from the looks of it I'd say that only about 25% of its actual content is really complete
Seems to be some kind of l'epique faileur or something.

Does it beat Realms of Arkania HD yet?

Trip81

Novice
im relaxed i don't know why you are thinking im not. im not angry or anything like that. but for example the the video you posted the guy with the glasses. i don't know in wich world this isn't an insult. it's simple as that. because it's the internet doesn't make it ok in som magic way. maybe you should take a breath? and think about it?
True that, we all know that when Germans get angry, they start breaking their keyboards and upload the videos of that on the net. You're very zen compared to that, man. But just a thought, maybe check what forum you're on? It seems you've confused us with some kind of a mean-spirited forum with a rather volatile reputation, the kind most AAA devs try to avoid, where people get mean-spirited tags above their names and so forth. Don't take things so personally, man, we ain't like that.

But how does this compare to Risen 3 and Arcania 4: Gothic 9?
have you a link of the german who broke his keyboard? I would looove to see that :)
at least until now nobody brought some if germans get angry they conquer the world joke.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
But how does this compare to Risen 3 and Arcania 4: Gothic 9?

So far I rate it 6+ Ri2ens out of 10 Arcanias.

Sounds like Two Worlds 2

No, it's much worse. At least in 2W2 all the empty space was populated by rhinoes. Here's it's just empty.

Do you think it is even possible for them to fix it with patches?

I doubt it. They could fix the b0rked sounds and some performance issues, maybe even the clunky combat, but so far what just bothers me the most about this game is how ridonk empty it is, and there's no way in hell they can "fix" that with patches.

Just check this shit out:

3JDFXM.jpg

This is the island of Bridgetown. Only the part uncovered from the fog of war is accessible, all the rest is blocked off by an invisible wall saying 'you can't go any further'.

Still, there is an area in the lower left corner that is outside the city proper and looks like it could have something. Nope.

There is some sort of garrison or whatever right next to it. Nothing there.

To the north is a big building that looks funky. Forget it.

In the east is a shady alley that looks like some sort of illegal fighting place. Guess again.

South-east there's a marketplace on a pier. There's only 1 dude selling trash there.

As for the entire town itself, the moment you land there are very conveniently placed blips on your map that show you with just how many people you can interact. The grand total of that was 5 - an English governor that gives you a quest, a dude that blackmails one of your crewmen and gives you a quest, a dude that owes you money which you can kill or let go, your bro Morgan Freeman who just walks around, and a guy who wants to sell a ship.

Two more blips show merchants that sell trash.

Two more blips show main-quest related buildings that you can enter (a brothel and a shop).

There is NOTHING ELSE that you can interact with in this town. No one to talk to, no house to enter, nothing. Have fun.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
When I made games with large world I created algorithms for auto content generation, to save a LOT of work. It takes 3 months to make something reasonable, and then when you need something, it's just few days of work until proper seed, and then few weeks to add interesting stuff. You escape hand placing every stone, tree, and bush.

Angthoron

Arcane
have you a link of the german who broke his keyboard? I would looove to see that :)
Sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0

Sounds like they had actual ambition though, but had their funding cut at some point. A pity, Reality Pump could've made a good game with a decent budget, I suppose. Sadly they're stuck in limbo with one of the worse producers, so all this is pretty much expected.

Darkzone

Arcane
This bugs are so hilarious that i couldn't stop laughing. In TW2 at least the guards were angry at you if you have run them over, here you can push them as much as you want.

Trip81

Novice
Thx for the youtube link i will watch the video later (im at work)

Soo now i have played this game. It wasn't my savegame i had played this game by a friend who is a big gothic 1+2 and risen 1 fan.who likes this game btw..
First of all will i by this game? Yes. Will i pay 50 bucks or more? Hell no. I will wait for a big price drop and play it on my lovely ps4.

First of all the game feels very dated. If you search a rpg with up to date technik there is only one game you can play right now dragon age inquisition.
I haven't find many bugs yet here and there some glitches or bad sync but haven't seen a game breaking bug or crash yet. That doesn't mean they doesn't exist maybe i was lucky i don't know. It wasn't my system so i can't say which speccs his pc has. I can ask him if someone wants to know but that will take at least 2 days.

So after that. How is the gameplay? I was just exploring so i can't say much about the interaction with other npcs.

But the combat? Many said this game is way more shitty than risen or gothic. I dont't know which magic version of risen/gothic you played but until now the combat is way better than the even more shitty risen/gothic combat.

Like i said i haven't played enough to make something like a full review but until now everything looks like it is hyperbole just as i thought. I dont't know which groundbreaking awesome 3d crpg/adventure type game you played the last years. But beside of the more jrpg like games like dark souls and dragons dogma i can't think of even one. Maybe someone could enlighten me i would love to play all this games.

Trip81

Novice
So you both (or more) think the awkward gothic combat is good? You are kidding right?

Trip81

Novice
So gothic combat works? Ok noow im really laughing. Sry dont want to insult you. But you cant ve serious. You wanna see good combat? Play dragons dogma on hard. Gothics combat espacially the melee combat is as broken as it can gets.

Angthoron

Arcane
So gothic combat works? Ok noow im really laughing. Sry dont want to insult you. But you cant ve serious. You wanna see good combat? Play dragons dogma on hard. Gothics combat espacially the melee combat is as broken as it can gets.
Yes, it works. For a game that's released in 2001. What year is this? Oh, 2015. Why don't you go and shit on Pong while you're at it, so your favorite phone arcade doesn't seem as poor anymore?

Oh and make up your mind, either you want to insult people or you don't. But remember, we're a friendly community of carebears, we don't tolerate meanies around here, and you're a meanie-head, mister.

Trip81

Novice
Yes, it works. For a game that's released in 2001. What year is this? Oh, 2015. Why don't you go and shit on Pong while you're at it, so your favorite phone arcade doesn't seem as poor anymore?

Oh and make up your mind, either you want to insult people or you don't. But remember, we're a friendly community of carebears, we don't tolerate meanies around here, and you're a meanie-head, mister.
So you are friendly? I scroll upwards and there it is. Soneboy wrote can we givd him the dumbfuq tag already? And i am insulting because i laughed and was even sry about laughing? I was reallx laughing i didnt writr that to make you angry.like i said i even felt guilty about laughing.and yes the combat is from 2001 but in risen 3 it even worse. And this game is from 2014? What does this tell you? This companx doesnt know how to make good combat no matter which year it is.

Trip81

Novice
OK, time to fess up - whose alt is this shitheel?
Haha yeah and here again... And you are friendly. Of course you are. What a looovely bunch of guys. Im no alt. I am somebody with an opinion that doesn't fit in this crpg forum. So it seems.after al that bro keep cool talk now this. Does it hurt that much?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom