Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Raven's Cry Is Now a Pirate-Themed Adventure/RPG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Raven's Cry; TopWare Interactive

Raven's Cry, a pirate-themed action/adventure announced last year, has now officially become an RPG. An adventure/RPG.

As Gamebanshee informs us:

Octane Games' "mature" pirate-themed title Raven's Cry was technically announced last year, but TopWare Interactive has been sending mixed signals about its genre, so that's why this is the first you're hearing about it here. Originally announced as an action/adventure, the game is now officially labeled as an adventure/RPG, so I figured I'd bring you up to speed on its scope and share an assortment of screenshots and artwork, as well as live action and gameplay trailers:

Spotted at Gamebanshee, duh

Achilles

Arcane
Not bad. Btw,

pirate-themed action/adventure announced last year, has now officially become an RPG.

I would bet a serious amount of money that they just went "hey 'RPGs' are popular these days, let's call our action game that! It's not like there's any difference anyway!".

Morkar Left

The mainchar looks a bit too HAWKSOME!!! for my taste but whatever. Let's see when it'S done.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Pirates again eh?

Double Bear had better change their RPG to a Pirate survival game....Pirates are the new Zombies.

How about you play a group of Pirates that survive in a zombie infested city. THE BEST OF BOTH WORLD!!!! GOTY 11/10!!!

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Pirates again eh?

Double Bear had better change their RPG to a Pirate survival game....Pirates are the new Zombies.

How about you play a group of Pirates that survive in a zombie infested city. THE BEST OF BOTH WORLD!!!! GOTY 11/10!!!

Throw some Ninjas in there and we have got a winner.Pirates vs Zombies vs Ninjas FUCK YEAH

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Give me an open sea to explore, a mighty vessel loaded with all kind of weapons, and a customizable crew, and I'm fucking sold.

Of course, I'm free to dream.

MisterStone

Arcane
Looks like shit. As in, Gothic II looks better than that gameplay trailer, and it was released 9+ years ago.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Pirates again eh?

Throw some Ninjas in there and we have got a winner.Pirates vs Zombies vs Ninjas FUCK YEAH
with robots as day0 dlc.

oh god, it's the same guys that made wasteland angel, which beyond shitty. this game can't possibly be any good.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh wow... Wasteland Angels devs? It wasn't a bad game, per se, just a really low budget and unpolished four hour indie romp. I have zero faith in them to produce an actual solid ARPG.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like the tone and how they present the setting, but the combat looks like shit, even though it seems when you hit an opponent they actually react to the blow instead of just standing there and keep attacking you.

Murk

Arcane
8921-3762.gif

Guess we got our new trend... le sigh.

A user named cat

Should we blame 300 for everything nowadays having fucking killcam slow-mo? From movies to games, it's gotten ridiculous. Way to be creative.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If pirates are the new zombies, I'm glad that they are, because zombies = boring by default while pirates at least have the potential for something interesting.

This doesn't look too bad, doesn't look super awesome either though. Worth keeping an eye out for. Right now all we know is that it's an action RPG in a pirate setting. Might turn out good. Might turn out shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom