Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thread title has been Changed to reflect the games that can be covered here.
How about making this (non-Japanese) Asian RPG News Thread? Certainly fewer than Chinese and Taiwanese (at least what's available on Steam), but we are also seeing RPGs from Indonesia, Korea, and other South Asian countries occasionally.

With the more frequent releases of Chinese games, I thought that we could have a dedicated Random news thread.

In September, Tales of Hongyuan released. It now has an English translation. I intend to give this a go sometime next week.

Faith of Danschant looks pretty cool. I watched a few videos from this ongoing let's play:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBqIVyMpE2MwOLCwaFTi7qnt0xB9faA2r

I've bought 4 or 5 Chinese single player rpgs this year.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
With the more frequent releases of Chinese games, I thought that we could have a dedicated Random news thread.

Great idea! I would have grabbed Tales of Hongyuan already since hearing about its translation, but I have so many other games I'm trying to finish right now. I look forward to reading your impressions on it. The game looks beautiful and the combat reminds me of Suikoden. Hopefully it's got some nice challenge to it too!

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
As a Chinese RPG game, our story happened in a land called Ground Hong where you can experience wars between two kingdoms, make your friends and uncover a dust-laden history.
That Google Translated summary tho

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As a Chinese RPG game, our story happened in a land called Ground Hong where you can experience wars between two kingdoms, make your friends and uncover a dust-laden history.
That Google Translated summary tho
I have only played and completed Tale of Wuxia from the games I have bought. From that experience, I am expecting laughable translations from all of them.

仙劍奇俠傳六 (Chinese Paladin:Sword and Fairy 6)
侠客风云传(Tale of Wuxia)
侠客风云传前传(Tale of Wuxia:The Pre-Sequel)
軒轅劍外傳穹之扉(The Gate of Firmament)
鸿源战纪 - Tales of Hongyuan

Jinn

Arcane
Chinese Paladin:Sword and Fairy 6 and The Gate of Firmament have decent translations that are no where near as bad as the Tale of Wuxia games are. However, they still have their problems to be sure. I wouldn't call them laughable though.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Are there any Chinese RPG worth caring about? Like, did they create a "Chinese Fallout", so to say?
No Chinese Fallout equivalent, as far as I know. Eastern Europe is still where that's at. I feel Like Tales of Wuxia could and maybe should be replayed more than once, though.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
There's only one Chink game I'm interested in.

Taiwan games use traditional Chinese characters so that's at least a small plus

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Prince of Qin. We even have Codex review of it.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=29

And I liked it enough to recommend:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/thoughts-on-prince-of-qin.88673/

It was a fun game, but a lot of the time spent was due to padding. The ton of random encounters and battles against Qin soldiers became annoyingly repetitive. The support class of the witch should have had a normal distance attack. Those are quibbles, though. I liked the character classes, the lore, the graphics, the music, the unforgiving side quests, and many of the characters. Find and play this if you can, especially if you liked isometric games such as Baldur's Gate and Divine Divinity. Prince of Qin took elements from both.

iu

iu

iu

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

How about making this (non-Japanese) Asian RPG News Thread? Certainly fewer than Chinese and Taiwanese (at least what's available on Steam), but we are also seeing RPGs from Indonesia, Korea, and other South Asian countries occasionally.

Case in point: look at this cringe nuXcom-like by Korean developer I just posted on JRPG News thread.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I'm not against the idea. You can ask a mod to change the title from Chinese to Asian.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The Disappearing of Gensokyo, Touhou fangame "shmup action RPG" from Chinese developer:

Out now.

A better English ver. will be soon, please wait warmly!

We would like to thank Touhou communities for helping us to translate the game.
Currently, translation are not fully finished. We will keep updating the game, and gradually fix the translation issue.
Translating Touhou game is very hard, please wait warmly!

Since our game is not that story-based, it's still very fun to play now~

Have a good time, thank you!
Sorry for my bad English ⑨

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Some cute-looking point-and-click adventure-ish/RPG-ish thing from Chinese developer:

No English support though.

The game actually supports English language contrary to what was announced at first. Maybe I'll give it a chance at one point, so many games to play, not that I would complain.
However :

:negative: (no english support).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another curious looking Chinese RPG without English support:

ss_260ff856802985731f8ff409da6f4d3a5bad7506.600x338.jpg

ss_18539a1f2d3dd6bfe3a50598597aff18b47b8146.600x338.jpg

ss_6ec17fcd94495a2e8aff400ca65e7a54cc9d7e90.600x338.jpg

You have to know that in this world, there's no right or wrong, but only Humans and Demons.
Humans are born equal, while Demons are born inferior.
Humans are born free, while Demons are born enslaved.
Humans are born virtuous, while Demons are born vicious.
Humans are born righteous, as they are priviledged to discriminate Demons.
B.Z. 1320 June, I joined the Falsemen.
I decided to climb back from abyss, where you sent me with your own hands.
I am determined to reclaim everything I once possess, including yours.
This is the reason of my rebirth.
This is the reason, of the Great Demon's rebirth.

Well… that part above was quite confusing wasn’t it? I suppose a I owe you a “real” introduction to this game after all.

Have you ever had that itch to create a game of your own, to tell your own saga? That is basically the tale of us: a bunch of college slackers that collaborated an indie RPG through the internet, just for a JRPG game that we could all enjoy. After our first game “Rescue the Great Demon 2” was finished, we were not satisfied. It was reasonably successful, yet we knew we could do better.

We decided to collaborate again: “We would definitely do better this time.”

Hence this game, “Rescue the Great Demon: Rebirth”, our re-attempt to build a game focusing on everything you like about JRPGs: the immersive gameplay, the carefully-woven plot, and detailed prose delineating the characters, set in an age where the long-running tension between the ancient races of demons and humans finally erupt, where one side had nothing to lose but all the history of being suppressed, and the other side would contrive every possible scheme to maintain the current status quo.

What to expect:
1. 8 Playable Characters, 20 Different Combinations of Starting Party Choices
2. Expansive Main Plot (over 150,000 words) Paired with Detailed Side Quests (over 50,000 words)
3. 128 Different Enemy Encounters, 173 Types of Utility Items, 211 Different Weapons, 286 Learnable Skills, etc.
4. Playing as demons battling against humans. (Yeah, damn these rotten humans.)

Features:
1. Immersive JRPG Gameplay
2. An Epic World Brimmed with Details
3. Unique Art Style: Simple yet Refined Graphics
4. Awesome Original Soundtrack

If you like our game, feel free to spread the word, share this on social media.
And the most important of all, do not forget to buy this game!

[Translated by LBQ and RaidenInfinity]

The game is coming to Early Access, but no promise of English support I can find. The developer's previous game on Steam (freeware) has English support but seemingly criticized for poor translation.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oracle of Forgotten Testament, a turn-based RPG Touhou fangame made with RPG Maker, by Indonesian developer:

ss_ff365362ccd74a44dcb05d09fcc41475272c8573.600x338.jpg

ss_65bf0fdb2ec7327b01fce014cfd2399395afe518.600x338.jpg

ss_5015985c29bbae6e58c2a730283fc7b542978f4b.600x338.jpg

Gensokyo, an isolated land separated by the Great Hakurei Barrier from the outside world.
A land where incidents occur occasionally and eventually solved.

In one regular night, a thief snuck into the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
No one ever predicted that this is a beginning of a new incident.

Play as Reimu
reimu.png

Reimu Hakurei (博麗 霊夢 Hakurei Reimu)
The shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine. She manages the Hakurei Border of Gensokyo and exterminates troublesome youkai.

Or Marisa
marisa.png

Marisa Kirisame (霧雨 魔理沙 Kirisame Marisa)
An ordinary human magician who specializes in light and heat magic. Currently resides in the Forest of Magic.

Gameplay and Features
ATB System, Spellcard, and Skill
Feel the heat of battle in Active Turn-Based battle system. The enemy won't let you stand idle in the midst of battle!
Player may use various spellcards and press all the buttons correctly for maximum damage.
Skills may be used to replace your default attack to deal different affinity and effects.

Placed Encounter and Dowsing
Player takes the lead, whether it's time to strike, retreat, be cautious, or be a tyrant who turns all the monsters into exp points without exception.
Or experience the ancient way of treasure hunting with the dowsing rod while dodging the enemies!

World of Gensokyo
Explore the World of Gensokyo with each character. Witness every incident and let the tale be carved as a memorable history!

Alchemy
Alchemy is a journey to create masterpiece. Create many kinds of item as you learn recipes along your journey!

This game is based off of Touhou Project by Team Shanghai Alice.
This game is developed by Dragon Emperors, and complies with the guidelines for releasing Touhou doujin games on Steam.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Eternal Destinies ~The World of Possibilities~, Princess Maker-like from Singapore indie team:

ss_37f638764cb539da07b21eca32cfb2baeee8b46e.600x338.jpg

ss_8b2bfe7c038c22fb975bbd3620336886ea14dc29.600x338.jpg

ed_system.png

Schedule
Choose the right activities to reach one of the numerous possible destinies.

Town
Town Square
The townspeople gather here to gossip and share information.
You might hear some interesting rumors!

Marketplace
In addition to the armorer and the tailor, several small stalls offer their wares on the town market. Their contents change seasonally.

Temple
Are the gods actually listening? In any case, you can pray for luck.

Bookstore
The biggest bookstore in town. It carries many unusual titles and the selection keeps changing. The owner likes to participate in the writing contest during festivals....

Castle
Rumor has it that some unspoken misfortune has befallen the royal family.

Magic shop
Buy potions or chat with the owner's apprentice.

The Big House on the Hill
What secrets does it hide?

Adventure Mode
Explore the areas around the capital and beyond!

Luck
An invisible force that influences everything from the outcome of battles to how likely one is to stumble upon useful items.
Luck can be improved (or ruined) in many different ways.

Special Events
Festivals are held twice per year. Observe the competitions or participate in them... or even rent a stall and try to sell the festival goers some snacks!
Barbarian invasions might occur during the raiding season.

It's best to pay attention to the Town News!

Destiny
Many different outcomes are possible depending on your choices.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom