Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
They already fucked up once with that 3DS "we want FE Awakening audience" title. I guess remakes are a safer bet in this case?

cover_large.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Last Remnant will be delisted from Steam in 10 days. If you want to get the game, get it now. If you’re a fan of SaGa games, I’d say it’s a no-brainer.

Modron

Arcane
The Last Remnant will be delisted from Steam in 10 days. If you want to get the game, get it now. If you’re a fan of SaGa games, I’d say it’s a no-brainer.
I've had that forever but still haven't really played it as I fear I am not autistic enough to really maximize my parties.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did they announce why?
Not as far as I know. There’s an announcement on the game’s Steam page. That’s all. I’m surprised as there isn’t supposed to be any liscensed songs or anything of the sort.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They already fucked up once with that 3DS "we want FE Awakening audience" title. I guess remakes are a safer bet in this case?

cover_large.jpg

The problem with this shit is less of wanting FE audience and more of truly shitty gameplay. It would be fine but not good if at least they managed to make a good copy of FE formula they failed the gameplay spectacularly with that.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Did they announce why?
Not as far as I know. There’s an announcement on the game’s Steam page. That’s all. I’m surprised as there isn’t supposed to be any liscensed songs or anything of the sort.

I'm betting on a remaster (10th Anniversary Edition?). Well, Tokyo Game Show is a month away...

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
New Ys game in the works!

https://www.actugaming.net/notre-in...-nihon-falcom-ys-the-legend-of-heroes-161103/

>TK: Regarding the Ys series, we are working on a new game. It will not be a remake but a brand new title. It will be about Adol and it will be right after the events of Ys VIII. I hope you will look forward to it.

Wahhooo! Now let us all join hands and pray for the removal of the blasphemous party system, and severe nerfing (If not complete abolishment) of the Perfect Guard systems.

spekkio

Arcane
Yeah, I'm playing 7 ATM and it's... OK, I guess. Problem is, 6-Felghana-Origin were just much better in probably every aspect. :cry:

lightbane

Arcane
Cool game made by a Spaniard, but not a JRPG or RPG of any kind. At most, a Castlevania clone, which is "just" a Japanese game.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/shin-me...nt-progress-potential-nocturne-port-or-remake

Shin Megami Tensei V producer on development progress, potential Nocturne port or remake
Mostly nothing, but an update is an update.
Shin Megami Tensei V producer Kazuyuki Yamai shared a development update on the upcoming RPG in a new magazine interview.
Here are the tidbits:
  • “We’re working hard on it. Yes, it really is in development. (Laughs.)”
  • “Mostly everything, from existing demons to new characters, is currently running on the hardware.”
  • “We’re making a game with content appropriate for a numbered title and without any compromises.”
  • “We’ll share an update when time is ripe, so please wait a little longer.”
  • “We’re constantly considering a port or remake of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. We’re thinking we want to watch for an opportunity.”

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/shin-me...nt-progress-potential-nocturne-port-or-remake

Shin Megami Tensei V producer on development progress, potential Nocturne port or remake
Shin Megami Tensei V producer Kazuyuki Yamai shared a development update on the upcoming RPG in a new magazine interview.
Here are the tidbits:
  • “Mostly everything, from existing demons to new characters, is currently running on the hardware.”
  • “We’re making a game with content appropriate for a numbered title and without any compromises.”
  • “We’re constantly considering a port or remake of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. We’re thinking we want to watch for an opportunity.”

First Onimusha now this. Somebody is reading my mind.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

Here are the tidbits:

First Onimusha now this. Somebody is reading my mind.

Now that we are on age of Dark Souls and NiOh I wished we could get new Onimusha games. Onimusha was NiOh before it was cool and I enjoyed all 4 games in PS2.

lightbane

Arcane
Companies are truly scrapping the bottom of the barrel, then shaking the barrel to let loose the remains.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/square-enix-and-tencent-form-strategic-alliance

Square Enix and Tencent form strategic alliance
Outcomes to include co-development of AAA titles and more.

Square Enix and Tencent have announced the formation of a strategic alliance that will result in the establishment of a joint-venture company, co-development of AAA titles based on new intellectual properties, the licensing of existing intellectual properties, and more.
Find the full press release below.

Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. (the “Company”), today announced that the Company and Tencent Holdings Limited have signed a letter of intent to create a strategic alliance between the high-quality content provider and the mega internet service provider.
Square Enix Group is making tireless efforts to offer unique content experiences to its fans all over the world through multifaceted business deployment. Square Enix Group will be accelerating these business development efforts to enhance its content services worldwide through this strategic alliance with Tencent Group. Outcomes of this newly created alliance include the establishment of a joint-venture company, co-development of AAA titles based on new intellectual properties, the licensing of existing intellectual properties, and more.
“We have strong expectations for this strategic alliance with Square Enix Group,” says Steven Ma, Senior Vice President, Tencent Group. “The alliance will enable us to couple our broad range of internet service capabilities to Square Enix Group’s superb creativity, and provide our customers with unprecedented content experiences on a global basis.”
“Tencent Group and Square Enix Group share the vision of utilizing technology and creativity to deliver unprecedented entertainment experiences and services to a global audience,” said Yosuke Matsuda, President and Representative Director of Square Enix Holdings. “This newly established alliance will be a strong boost to Square Enix Group’s strategy to diversify our content offerings and expand access channels to a wider customer base.”
Further details of the strategic alliance will be announced at a later date as progress is made.​

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
At this point tencent might even crrate better games than Square Enix muh action games with 8 years development cycle :lol:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Lots of news today with Playstation Japan livestream.

Project JUDGE (Judge Eyes: Shinigami / PS4), Yakuza studio's new IP:

Project Awakening (PS4), action RPG from Cygames:

Project Prelude Rune (PS4), the first game from Hideo Baba's Square Enix studio:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered (PS4, Switch), originally released in 2003 for GameCube:

God Eater 3 (PC, PS4), December release in Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K1PbZchb8U

And Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PC, PS4, SW, XO) is coming West in January 11, 2019: https://gematsu.com/2018/09/tales-o...es-january-11-2019-in-the-americas-and-europe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom