Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Man the combat must be extremely shit since they haven't even shown 1 single second of it in like 5 videos.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Remyadry, Touhou dungeon RPG published by DLSite. Wizadry-ish structure, top-down exploration, DQ/Wiz-ish combat, and Touhou waifus:

ss_846283f1b95efb54b37f3e29562a8866b965129e.600x338.jpg

ss_dd91960c193b9d638a95401a89ee57685e64cd17.600x338.jpg

[Story]
Gensokyo is connected with 'a certain world' and eventually a huge dungeon by the name of 'Mazes of the Week' appears.The mansion that protagonist Remilia was living in is trapped within this dungeon.
Cooperating with companions, Remilia and co. end up having to clear that dungeon.

[Game Overview]
Compose your party from a maximum of 20 units and fight your way through the dungeon.A mouse controlled RPG with character creation and dungeon crawling.
Play the game using selfmade images, if you want.
1280x720 game window resolution.
Synthesize and equip items, invest in the shop and make money.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The combat seems awfully fast! Not that I'm complaining or anything. But how does it actually work?

Watched some gameplay video by Japanese guy, the combat itself is automatic and you can only decide whether party should Fight, Escape, or Backstep(?) (or even leave that decision to AI or something). You can set speed of combat ("SPD3"). I guess it's more about management side of things.

flyingjohn

Arcane
The combat seems awfully fast! Not that I'm complaining or anything. But how does it actually work?

Watched some gameplay video by Japanese guy, the combat itself is automatic and you can only decide whether party should Fight, Escape, or Backstep(?) (or even leave that decision to AI or something). You can set speed of combat ("SPD3"). I guess it's more about management side of things.
So it is somehow worse then yo kai watch? That is an achievement!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I think this marks the first time an SJW tweeter campaign has managed to prevent a JRPG from releasing in the West? Sad!

http://pqube.co.uk/omega-labyrinth-z-cancelled-in-the-west/

Omega Labyrinth Z cancelled in the West

PQube strives to release Japanese content for its fans as close to the source material as possible. In the case of Omega Labyrinth Z, while PQube has worked with all relevant age rating bodies in their respective territories, PQube must respectfully comply with the wishes of the platform holder and have therefore withdrawn any future plans for Omega Labyrinth Z’s European and North American release on PS4 and PS Vita.

01-4-1024x577.jpg

02-2-1024x577.jpg

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think this marks the first time an SJW tweeter campaign has managed to prevent a JRPG from releasing in the West? Sad!

PQube strives to release Japanese content for its fans as close to the source material as possible. In the case of Omega Labyrinth Z, while PQube has worked with all relevant age rating bodies in their respective territories, PQube must respectfully comply with the wishes of the platform holder and have therefore withdrawn any future plans for Omega Labyrinth Z’s European and North American release on PS4 and PS Vita.

01-4-1024x577.jpg

02-2-1024x577.jpg

I think it is caused more by the fact classification boards are refusing to give permit.and thus the game.couldnt be published?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ghostlight's "dungeon crawler #2" is another Compile Heart/Idea Factory game, Mary Skelter: http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/mary-skelter-nightmares-to-be-unleashed-on-pc

Mary Skelter: Nightmares to be unleashed on PC!

logo_web-28-6-2018.png

Hi everyone! I've got some great news for Compile Heart fans and those of you who love fantastic Japanese 1st person dungeon crawlers, as we're bringing Mary Skelter: Nightmares, a dark and unique fairytale-themed dungeon crawler to PC this summer!

blood-skelter-Alice-28-6-2018.jpg

I can't wait to share release details with you, but for the moment I can say that I've really been enjoying the deep combat and stylish twists and turns of Mary Skelter: Nightmares. Don't just take my word for it though, here are some of the great reviews that the game received on its console debut:

Gaming Ages said: "There are many ways this game could’ve come off as just another Japanese DRPG. To its enormous credit, it avoids all those pitfalls, and makes an interesting game in the process." A-

Digitally Downloaded said: "Mary Skelter is sublime. By turns darkly sensual and horrific, it's also beautiful, ravishing, and backed by truly expert level design and a clean, clever combat system. This game is too different to effectively compare to other dungeon crawlers, but I must say, of all the many games in this genre that I've played, this one will sit with me for a very long time into the future. " 4.5/5

016-28-6-2018.jpg

Dual Shockers said: "Mary Skelter: Nightmares provides the dungeon crawling experience fans of the genre crave. The game offers a unique battle system that requires attention and skill to master, many different ways to customize characters, and large dungeons to explore with many hidden rooms and valuable loot. " 8.5/10

Video Chums said: "Mary Skelter: Nightmares is one of the most delightful and impressive RPGs that I've played in a long time. Both old-school dungeon crawler fans and those curious about the genre definitely have a bloody enjoyable adventure ahead of them. "8.2/10

004-28-6-2018.jpg

More on Mary Skelter: Nightmares

The 'Jail' suddenly appeared a number of years ago, sinking the city deep into the ground. There, this impenetrable living prison 666 metres beneath the surface, held power over eerie creatures called "Marchens." Within the prison was a boy named Jack - living a life of eternal suffering, tortured day in and day out, in a world where all dreams, hopes, peace, and humanity had been lost for as long as the people could remember. Then one day, amidst the darkness that prevailed, a girl who called herself a member of the Blood Team appeared before Jack, holding giant scissors dripping in blood! This marked the beginning of fate - of Jack's and the Blood Maidens' escape from the Jail...

Jack and the Blood Team will face countless perils in regaining all that has been lost, to finally escape once and for all!

001-28-6-2018.jpg

• Customize your characters with 20+ jobs, each with their own unique skillset and stats!

010-28-6-2018.jpg

• Challenging Nightmares chase you through the dungeons – use special abilities to lay traps and gain advantage before battle! Some say there are giant Nightmares so large they span multiple floors…

nightmare-28-6-2018.jpg

• Fill your meter to transform and deal more damage in the powerful Massacre mode, or reduce it to heal the party and receive stat boosts!

massacre-mode-Red-28-6-2018.jpg

• Explore the hidden depths of the Jail and satisfy its blood curdling desires to earn helpful Jail Bonuses in your quest to escape!

006-28-6-2018.jpg

I'll be sharing more information on this beautifully bloody dungeon crawler in the coming days. But rest assured that we're going to be including lots of improvements for the PC version of Mary Skelter: Nightmares, including Cloud Saving, Steam Trading Cards, Steam Achievements, control rebinding and the option of using mouse & keyboard or gamepad controls, amongst others.

017-28-6-2018.jpg

Let us know if you're as excited as us for the upcoming launch of Mary Skelter: Nightmares! Dare you take on the challenge to escape the torturous depths of the Jail?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ghostlight's "dungeon crawler #2" is another Compile Heart/Idea Factory game, Mary Skelter: http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/mary-skelter-nightmares-to-be-unleashed-on-pc

Mary Skelter: Nightmares to be unleashed on PC!

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/mary-skelter-nightmares-closed-beta-applications-now-open

Mary Skelter Nightmares closed beta applications now open

logo_web-29-6-2018.png

Hi everyone,

Hot on the heels of our announcement of Mary Skelter Nightmares for both Steam & GOG, I have some more exciting news for you all. We've already been hard at work on Mary Skelterfor a little while (in fact we've had a crack team of beta testers looking at Mary Skelter for the last few weeks) and we're now ready to expand the beta test to more users. So, if you'd like to help us improve our PC port of Mary Skelter Nightmares, then now's your chance! :)

How do you apply? Simply send an email to: betaoq@ghostlight.uk.com with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

Applications will close on 2nd July, so please make sure to get them in before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis, so please do bear that in mind. What a ‘yes’ decision actually comes down to depends on a number of factors, including how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is.

As we only have a limited number of places available for the beta, feel free to tell us why you think you’d be particularly suited to helping us with the testing phase of Mary Skelter.This may include information like details of any previous experience you’ve had in beta testing, or simply declaring your undying love for the genre. In fact, please tell us anything that you feel is relevant which may help us approve your application. :)

That’s all for now. I’ll be back soon with more news from Ghostlight, but until then why not follow us on our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages, our Youtube Channel and our Google + account, where we’ll be posting all the latest news from Ghostlight. You can also follow me on Twitter for a more personal take on all things Ghostlight.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

01-4-1024x577.jpg

02-2-1024x577.jpg

Funny how these things always make me want to buy the game out of pure spite...
I imagine Play Asia will likely stock an 'Asia English' release, like they did with Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Magical girl's labyrinth, dungeon exploration RPG thing made with RPG Maker, by Japanese doujin team SQUARE PHOENIX that brought you classics like Final Pottery and Drunken Quest, oh wait:

ss_fa57a83358b41402d98837598093387216b1bf2a.600x338.jpg
ss_d8fb7d481e76c40d173226a41966701f79af8eee.600x338.jpg

This game is RPG.
One day, you contract with the apostle to become a magical girl.
And you decided to fight monsters in the dungeon.

feature :
・14 magical girls can act separately.
・An annihilated party becomes a Tombstone.
・Companions who sleep at the grave can be resurrected.
 (However, the boss's HP will recover)
・After you clear the game you can change the difficulty level.
・Once equipped with an orb, you can learn special skills and magic.
・Weapons and armor can be strengthened by using grinder.
・Symbol encounter system.
・Attacking continuously with a certain rule, the power increases or add special attack.

The manual is in the folder you installed.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

01-4-1024x577.jpg

02-2-1024x577.jpg

Funny how these things always make me want to buy the game out of pure spite...
I imagine Play Asia will likely stock an 'Asia English' release, like they did with Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3.

Doubt it. The one that cancel the whole things seems to be Sony themselves. Seems it got approved by ESRB on M rating and R-18 on the other classification board. But Sony pulled the plug.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stopped reading at "easy enemies".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom