Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/-tokyo-xanadu-ex--closed-beta-applications-now-open

“Tokyo Xanadu eX+” Closed Beta - applications now open!

Hi everyone! :)

Some exciting news for you all. As some of you may already know, we're very excited to be working with our friends at Aksys Games on the PC version of the fantastic Tokyo Xanadu eX+ and, as usual, we will be organising a closed beta for this game.

To join in the Tokyo Xanadu eX+ closed beta, all you need to do is send an email to: betagroup@ghostlight.uk.com with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

Applications will close on 12th November, so please make sure to get your emails to us before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis. What a ‘yes’ decision actually comes down to, depends on a number of factors including how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is.

As we only have a limited number of places available, please feel free to tell us why you think you’d be particularly suited to helping us with the beta testing phase of Tokyo Xanadu eX+. This may include information like details of any previous experience you’ve had in beta testing, or simply declaring your undying love for the genre. In fact, please tell us anything that you feel is relevant which may help us approve your application :)

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The original .hack// series' gameplay was pretty basic and clunky even for the time of its release. The G.U. series is a lot more polished and faster paced, though still not particularly deep and it can get kinda repetitive after a while. Each of the original three volumes of G.U. is about 20~ hours long plus another ten hours each if you want to grind and complete everything. Last Recode adds in a 4th volume but it's apparently only a few hours long.

Anyway, I've been playing Last Recode for the past few hours. It seems to be really well optimized (looks pretty nice for an HD update to a PS2 game and runs silky smooth) but the config options are *extremely* basic. Video options are limited to: resolution, brightness, v-sync, anti-aliasing, texture filtering, and shadow detail. I haven't been able to find any external config file to tweak either.
The difficulty seems to be nerfed a lot. The xp gains are something like 5X+ in comparison to original, so you'll outlevel main content fast even if you ignore all side content.
While grinding is not fun, having zero challenge is not very fun either, I think they kind of overdid the streamlining.

Expon

Scholar

18657157725a0559aa5f24f0027-1510300077.jpg

pre register
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: getting devil summoner vibes

Ippolit

Scholar
Patron
RPG Wokedex Bubbles In Memoria Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force is available on Steam with a 80% discount.
It's on my wishlist but i can't remember why. :shittydog:

Is it good? Should i buy the package?
Weeb tropes and degeneracy don't scare me at all as long as the developers are not lazy or needlessly ironic. For example, best JRPGs i played were the Legend of Heroes games but i also really liked Kamidori Alchemy Meister or Ikusa Megami Zero.

duanth123

Arcane

Weeb tropes and degeneracy don't scare me at all as long as the developers are not lazy or needlessly ironic. For example, best JRPGs i played were the Legend of Heroes games but i also really liked Kamidori Alchemy Meister or Ikusa Megami Zero.

One of the better compile heart games I've played, although a fairly blatant ps3 port> Expect more Kamidori plot w?o sex> The battle system is p. fun and main girl is a qt in the tolerable sort of way> (some think plot is one of the best in compile hearts resume) Also good length for the money

Nostaljaded

Savant
18657157725a0559aa5f24f0027-1510300077.jpg

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: getting devil summoner vibes
Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation
hzD7QKU.png

Demon Negotiation, Fusion, 3D Dungeon

Even though it does give Devil Summoner vibes,
rQxwNLa.jpg

Developer: Sega, adapted from Atlus's original work
Platform: iOS/Android...
Expect microtransactions to buy demons/powerups/play game as intended. At least (so far) it's not Atlus branching into mobile market.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

One of the better compile heart games I've played, although a fairly blatant ps3 port> Expect more Kamidori plot w?o sex> The battle system is p. fun and main girl is a qt in the tolerable sort of way> (some think plot is one of the best in compile hearts resume) Also good length for the money
Is the gameplay nearly as good as Kamidori? For a lewd game I thought the maps and shit was brilliant.

duanth123

Arcane

Is the gameplay nearly as good as Kamidori? For a lewd game I thought the maps and shit was brilliant.

not even close

Edit: to as good.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Nay. Combat system is pretty good, but gets old eventually due to overall grindy and boring progression. Plot is dull and feels like you typical harem with hentai stripped away.
It's not a terrible game, but I wasn't able to complete even 1 of the 3 routes/endings.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://gematsu.com/2017/11/new-valkyria-project-announced-november-20-planned-worldwide-release

New Valkyria project to be announced on November 20, planned for worldwide release

Sega will announce a new entry in its Valkyria series on November 20 planned for a worldwide release, the company announced.

The teaser website will gradually change every day at noon Japan time leading up to the announcement.

Stay tuned.

Will this be a turn-based strategy game? Will this get a PC release? We'ill see.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
A bit more confidence to your optimism, looks like the first game's director (Takaharu Terada) is somehow involved with this one:

Jinn

Arcane
Great game, guys. Hands down the best Chinese to English release I've seen to date. The game is a solid mix of JRPG and C(omputer)RPG. It even has a faction system! Really like the combat system when it's set to "round" rather than real-time. I've had a number of challenging battles already.

Jinn

Arcane
Can you comment on the game's performance?

Absolutely. It runs around 50-60fps on my AMD FX-8350 and GTX 1060 6GB, but there are a lot of options to play around with. For example, my FPS suffers a lot from the in combat lighting effects, which you can switch off under "Combat Effects." It could certainly use some better optimization, but it runs really well with a little tweaking. I'm assuming if I had a better processor I wouldn't have any issues running it at a stable 60FPS both in and out of battle.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Square Enix will host the fifth official broadcast for Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on November 21 from 20:00 to 21:00 JST, the company announced. You’ll be able to watch it on YouTube and Niconico.

The live stream, which is in celebration of the game’s recently announced one million worldwide shipments and digital sales, will feature multiple surprise guests, and “there may be news that will make Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age fans happy.”

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is available now for PlayStation 4

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2017/11/final-f...mber-21-teases-happy-news#iTYJkMPMS8U9IF5A.99
I'm hoping for a PC release announcement.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh right Pink Girls RPG will be released in March 27 (EU: March 30) next year: http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/new...-The-Alchemists-and-the-Mysterious-Paintings/

KOEI TECMO America announced today that the most colorful and artistic entry of Gusts Atelier series, Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings - the gripping conclusion to the Mysterious series following the tale of the apprentice alchemist twins Lydie and Suelle - will be released on March 27, 2018 for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC via Steam®.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
aweigh aweigh aweigh aweigh

Elminage ORIGINAL is coming to Steam via D3 Publisher:

ss_033c33d4ba6d63e01272ca6c78955065a46b3516.600x338.jpg

ss_c8a64cfeab18242c2918c8333490172d7189e9be.600x338.jpg

ABOUT THE GAME

For all budding adventurers, the king of 3D dungeon crawler RPGs - 'Elminage ORIGINAL - Priestess of Darkness and The Ring of the Gods ' - has finally arrived on Steam.

The original 3D dungeon RPG has returned!

Create and raise your characters to defeat the monsters that lurk deep in the labyrinth-like dungeons. Its simple gameplay and sense of freedom makes you feel like you are truly inside a fantasy world.

Choose from 16 occupation including the likes of Fighter, Mage and Samurai.
With 9 races to choose from, diverse parties can be created set according to gender, age and their personality. In addition, customize the game to your liking with the graphic/sound functions.

With many events along the way, fulfill the main quest to search for the 5 rings.
Let's open the gates and head out to a new adventure.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
OMG OMG

Dorar slipped me a copy of the JPN ISO of the E: Original PC remake and I was fujcking heart-broken that it was super-duper encrypted in tons of ways that disallowed hacking it with the english lang. files from the PSP version... the graphics are fucking beautiful.

true HD resolution and all of the icons, UI elements, all that shit looks fucking gorgeous. Not only am I now uber-hyped to replay E: ORiginal on PC, in English, with beautiful high resolution remastered sprite work and reworked UI elements...

./..but this ALSO means that Starfish is probably not gonna go bankrupt any time soon, and although we know that making a quick n dirty PC port which already has a translation done is not expensive for a studio, it at least signifies that Starfish is well aware of what games in their ouvre butter their bread, and I choose to be optimistic that this eng. language port of the PC "HD remaster" of Elmi: Original bodes glad tidings for the future of the series, or at the very least for the continued production of crawlers by Starfish.

newtmonkey

Heh, looks like you're gonna have to double-time your E: Original experience, cos you really really really do not want to miss out on the gorgeous work Starfish did scaling up (or whatever the fuck it is they did) all of the game's 2d artwork/sprites.

I have no idea if it will but I assume that logically it will feature the revised/new-ish E: Original game script they did for the 3ds release, since it would be baffling for them to port the jpn PC version to english language with the (very, very) poor script in the PSP ver.

Dorarnae

hey, what exactly did they add to the E: Original PC ver.? I know there is no new actual content (dungeons/items), but did they do like with the 3ds "remakes" of Elminage games where they added in all the portraits they could borrow from the other Elmi games, the sound loading, face loading, etc and adding in music tracks from other Elmi games in the series?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom