Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ashito Oyari, illustrator known for some erotic visual novels, has been making a Princess Maker-like sim Machine Child. He announced today that they decided to make English version.

They're funding the development using Patreon-like platform in Japan: https://enty.jp/en/machine_child

content_content_machinechildMain_blog_princess.jpg

"Machine Child" is a simulation game in which you "raise" girls who were born from a mysterious machine.

I've always wanted to make a game like this, but it hasn't been possible up till now due to the realities of the game industry in Japan. However, I recently decided to start this project anyway, considering it a "hobby" that might end up being successful somehow. Although my staff and I worked on the project slowly at first, thanks to the ENTY funding system we have been able to receive steady monthly support from fans. Thanks to them, our team has been able to move forward, signing contracts with various professional creators to make the project great.

(2017 January.)

If there are any fans who are willing to support this project through the ENTY funding system, we would really appreciate your help.

If the support amount from all fans is large enough, we will be adding full voices to the characters, 2D animation, plus additional features in the final game release.

"Machine Child" will be a game to be played on a Windows PC, distributed digitally through Steam (?).
We decided to develop the English version.
We might support smart phone and other platforms in the future.

We plan to update the Development Blog as new features and art is completed.

* Once the game is released, we plan to close this ENTY funding project.
* The names of many supporters in the ENTY system is set to "guest." Because supporters will be thanked in the ending credits of the final game, please change your name to what you'd like to see displayed. From thupper right menu, choose Menu, My Page, then Profile, to do this.
(2016.11.28)

Last edited:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ashito Oyari, illustrator known for some erotic visual novels, has been making a Princess Maker-like sim Machine Child. He announced today that they decided to make English version.

They're funding the development using Patreon-like platform in Japan: https://enty.jp/en/machine_child

content_content_machinechildMain_blog_princess.jpg

"Machine Child" is a simulation game in which you "raise" girls who were born from a mysterious machine.

I've always wanted to make a game like this, but it hasn't been possible up till now due to the realities of the game industry in Japan. However, I recently decided to start this project anyway, considering it a "hobby" that might end up being successful somehow. Although my staff and I worked on the project slowly at first, thanks to the ENTY funding system we have been able to receive steady monthly support from fans. Thanks to them, our team has been able to move forward, signing contracts with various professional creators to make the project great.

(2017 January.)

If there are any fans who are willing to support this project through the ENTY funding system, we would really appreciate your help.

If the support amount from all fans is large enough, we will be adding full voices to the characters, 2D animation, plus additional features in the final game release.

"Machine Child" will be a game to be played on a Windows PC, distributed digitally through Steam (?).
We decided to develop the English version.
We might support smart phone and other platforms in the future.

We plan to update the Development Blog as new features and art is completed.

* Once the game is released, we plan to close this ENTY funding project.
* The names of many supporters in the ENTY system is set to "guest." Because supporters will be thanked in the ending credits of the final game, please change your name to what you'd like to see displayed. From thupper right menu, choose Menu, My Page, then Profile, to do this.
(2016.11.28)
wow, they're getting our equivalent of about 40000 dollarydoos a month.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls coming to Steam this Summer: http://gematsu.com/2017/04/superdimension-neptune-vs-sega-hard-girls-coming-pc-via-steam-summer

---

PC Gamer published an interesting feature regarding the rising of Japanese games on Steam: http://www.pcgamer.com/how-japan-learned-to-love-pc-gaming-again/

---

KEMCO submitted two games on Greenlight recently.

Yōdanji ("coffee-break roguelike themed after Japanese folklore tales"): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894240555

Raging Loop (visual novel, Japanese only): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=897554894

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Drago Quest XI has a Japanese release date. July 29.

Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time will launch for PlayStation 4 and 3DS on July 29 in Japan, Square Enix announced. The PlayStation 4 version will cost 8,980 yen and the 3DS version will cost 5,980 yen.

As for the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI, the Wall Street Journal’s Takashi Mochizuki asked Square Enix public relations, who said, “Support is planned, but there is nothing to announce today. We cannot say today whether the release date is the same as or different than the PlayStation 4 and 3DS versions.”

Some pre-order crap but nothing you should worry about. One vest that grants extra exp and another that grants extra gold. Some hands on events in Japan. Hardware bundles will be revealed and a double pack with both versions @ Square Enix store.

Square Enix also confirmed that Dragon Quest XI‘s story will take about 50 hours to clear. With side elements included, the game should last more than 100 hours. Additionally, the previously teased “Spell of Restoration” will be usable in Dragon Quest XI. You can create a Spell of Restoration that matches up with your progress, but it doesn’t reproduce everything. The general state of your progress is reproduced, but not your character’s name. The Spell of Restoration can be used interchangeably between the PlayStation 4 and 3DS versions.

Lots more here: gameplay of both PS4 and 3DS and lots of screens.
http://gematsu.com/2017/04/dragon-quest-xi-ps4-3ds-launches-july-29-japan

:happytrollboy::desu:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
I've played DQ8 on the PS2 which is up there with Fallout 3 as one of the absolute worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing.
I've also played the DQ7 remake on 3DS, which while charming (and never as downright retarded as DQ8), did wear out its welcome halfway through.
How does DQ11 seem to compare?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will the 3ds one get english release?
They are releasing stuff for 3DS, still. Square Enix might not localize it, but I do think that Nintendo will do it.

I've played DQ8 on the PS2 which is up there with Fallout 3 as one of the absolute worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing.
I've also played the DQ7 remake on 3DS, which while charming (and never as downright retarded as DQ8), did wear out its welcome halfway through.
How does DQ11 seem to compare?
We don't know? If you don't like previous games in the series, I suspect that this won't be for you. You can always watch the gameplay videos in the link I provided. Not that is telling of if the game is good or not.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Producer Masanori Ichikawa Hopes To Bring Something New To Romancing SaGa 3 Remaster
By Sato . April 10, 2017 . 1:30am

Square Enix producer Masanori Ichikawa is currently working on a remaster version of Romancing SaGa 3, and he recently talked to 4Gamer about how he hopes to bring something new to it on PS Vita and smartphone.

During the interview, series creator Akitosh Kawazu explained that for Romancing SaGa 2’s remaster, they had the mobile phone version (from 2011) so they were able to work off that. However, for Romancing SaGa 3 they’re working on it from scratch, so it’ll take a little longer.

“Completely reproducing Romancing SaGa 3 is a given, but I’m thinking about adding some kind of new element to it,” said Ichikawa. “And when I hear about Romancing SaGa 3 from Kawazu-san, we’re talking new settings, episodes, and all kinds of stuff, so I begin seeing things in a completely different perspective.”

He continued, “For example, when I learn about a ‘character who suffered some kind of tragic fate, yet they continue fighting to save the world’ it really makes me want to express that part to all the fans.”

While we’re not exactly sure what Romancing SaGa 3 is getting new for its remaster, it sounds like we might get some kind of new chapter or character thrown in the mix.

Romancing SaGa 3’s remaster is in development for PlayStation Vita, iPhone, and Android.

Kawazu has also said they plan on doing an English version, but only after RS2 Vita is out:

We will make western version RS3. It will be after the Japanese version. But, at first, RS2 Vita for West. I want your patience, please.

Walden

Savant
If one of the worst games you've played is DQ8 I've been a lucky lucky badass gamer.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
I saw some mention of a Monster Hunter XX (aka Double Cross) on /v/, which is sort of a revision of Monster Hunter X/Generations with numerous balance changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom