Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Reinhardt

Arcane
Still need to finish Atelier Firis - only half of the character endings and most of the endgame craft and combat ahead, and now i got Senran Kagura and Nier too. And only one week left to Battle Brothers release.:negative:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The latest issue of V-Jump has first details on Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory, the latest entry in the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth series due out for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Japan in 2017.

Hacker’s Memory is set in the same world as the original Cyber Sleuth and features a new story “on the other side of Cyber Sleuth.” The protagonist is Keisuke Amazawa (name changeable), a young man who had to jump into the hacker world after he was made the criminal in a case he knows nothing about. Character designs look to again be by Suzuhito Yasuda.

The basic systems from the original Cyber Sleuth, including the Digi-Farm, will return, with various elements powered up. Over 320 Digimon will appear.

Bandai Namco will also include the original Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth with Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory as a pack-in title.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
My only gripe with this is that Atlus might make it for Switch like the next SMT which I am not buying for the foreseeable future :negative:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
3DS remake

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201703/21129303.html
Radiant-Historial-Perfect-Chronology-Ann-3DS.jpg

Remake with completely new scenarios. It will launch in Japan on June 29. Great news for Europeans that never imported the game if it gets a release in our continent.

In other news:
Bandai Namco will release Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and digitally for PS Vita in North America and Europe in early 2018, the company announced.

Here’s an overview of the title, via Bandai Namco:

Information
  • Genre: JRPG
  • Players: 1 (Offline) / 2 (Online)
  • Release Date: Early 2018
  • Developer: Media Vision
  • Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
  • Voiceover: Japanese
  • Text: English, German
About

After being accused of a crime he didn’t commit, Keisuke Amazawa has no choice but to dive into the Digital World and investigate to prove his innocence. Even if that means joining a gro up of hackers and helping them solve the troubles threatening this mysterious universe.

Key Features
  • Cyber Punk Atmosphere – Dive into a deeper and darker adventure, at crossroads between real and digital.
  • Deep and Addictive Gameplay – Experience the perfect mix between adventure, raising, and battle with over 320 Digimon to discover. Enjoy a wider range of battle strategies in classic turn-based gameplay enhanced by Digimon’s skills, compatibilies, and combos.
  • The Untold Story – Discover the mysterious backstory to the events that happened in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
For Japan, a Seiken Densetsu compilation will be released for the Switch

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
For Japan, a Seiken Densetsu compilation will be released for the Switch
Since it's just a compilation, I don't expect the west to get this in any shape or form. If we do, it'd be done with a half-assed translation created 2-3 years after release (see: Romancing SaGa 2).

3DS remake

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology
Yup, I'm okay with this.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
More Digimon is nice. Digimon World Next Order completely blew Cyber Sleuth out the fucking water though so I'm hoping for more Digimon World games to come our way as well.

lightbane

Arcane
Remake with completely new scenarios. It will launch in Japan on June 29. Great news for Europeans that never imported the game if it gets a release in our continent.

So, more like an expansion then. Still :incline:

Bandai Namco will release Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and digitally for PS Vita in North America and Europe in early 2018, the company announced.

If only it was available for Steam. :negative:
Why do you hate PC users so much, Japan?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
If only it was available for Steam. :negative:
Why do you hate PC users so much, Japan?

Yeah, while Bamco have been releasing most console games on PC simultaneously in recent years, looks like niche anime games (like Digimon and Sword Art Online games) are not part of the scheme. (Of course, Dragon Ball and Naruto are not niche).

---

In other news, Toukiden 2 is out now:

Martius

Liturgist
I'm just amazed people are still making 3DS games in the age of switch.
Atlus kept making ps2 games at 2008 so its nothing new for them. At least we know that new SMT is coming to switch so they will jump in sooner or later.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
So just played toukiden 2 and unless you have a xbox controller you can forget about playing this game.
No mouse support,can't rebind keys to numpad,arrow keys and game doesn't recognize playstation controllers.(could be a bug)
The performance is solid and it allows you to play at 60 fps,but the controls ruin the game if you are playing keyboard only.

flyingjohn

Arcane

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom