Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Jason Liang

Arcane
Nevermind, I got her about 20 minutes after the last post. Just had to keep nuking with the help of RNGJesus.

rx130.png

rx131.png

rx132.png

rx133.png
What a crazy dumb fight. Now I'm actually glad I couldn't even scratch Silky's armor.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
So today i reloaded kayblis fight from yesterday and used cheat engine to see how much exp he's worth and... this particular fight is unwinnable. His hp freeze at ~296m and you can't drop it lower. You can visible damage him, but after each hit his hp just jumps back.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So even if i mess with his hp directly and set it to 1 after first hit he heals back to this exact number
27xdnx4.jpg

Now i need to try his final version on other difficulty levels.

DrDustCell

Educated
You can defeat him normally by quitting every mission right before the DIFFICULTY UP tile. You'll face a 6-Difficulty DK Kayblis, and he'll pretty much go down in less than or about 10 turns.

Also you can set the HP to 0 instead in cheatengine and doing any action like wait will end the battle in your favor. If you're using SpoilerAL, edit the table to to set the minimum to 0 instead of 1

Reinhardt

Arcane
You can defeat him normally by quitting every mission right before the DIFFICULTY UP tile. You'll face a 6-Difficulty DK Kayblis, and he'll pretty much go down in less than or about 10 turns.
Did this long ago. This time i specially aimed to see what max difficulty kayblis is. It doesn't really matter if he's broken and can't be reduced to 0 in fair fight. 20 diff squirrel 2-shots my 1,7m hp team with normal attacks even if i use ap to defend. I can delay it with disables but only for a few turns.

Also seting his hp to 0 has exactly same result as to 1 - he heals back after first hit. It works for other bosses and monsters but not for 20 diff Kayblis. I'll try to reload from poppins mission and make it 21 to see if he's different.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Oh, sorry. Setting hp to 0 and NOT attacking him worked. Ok, i admit - i'm new to this cheat engine stuff.:negative:
Battle results -

5bspog.jpg

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
And now i see her in green ??? event for the first time. Where is she? Well, it's doesn't really matter now, because it's turn 15 and i'm just farming cards in Helman and waiting for kaiblis 21. But i want to know.

ayogf4.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
So Kayblis 21 is normal. Well, he has 160m hp more with 960m total but at least he's killable. Theoretically. Hp=1 in cheat engine works like intended this time so he's dying in round 1.

69qruq.jpg

That means difficulty 20 Kayblis is bugged.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I figured out how the game drops nude cards so I spent the afternoon grinding cards. I'm missing about 20 nude cards now, mostly people I couldn't recruit originally like Pi-R's sister and Isoroku. Incidently I picked up pretty much all of the secret rares as well. Emperor Kenshin *is* probably the hardest drop (besides nude Kesselring) since she needs all her previous versions to unlock. I'm pretty sure I can get nude Noah without much trouble too.

Speaking of Kessel, I have a working theory on how she drops as well. Or at least I know why she doesn't drop in chests.

Last edited:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
What's the logic behind naked card drops? From what I've gathered the card needs to be above certain rank and present at your current team, but I have no idea what are the requirements beyond that.

Jason Liang

Arcane
What's the logic behind naked card drops? From what I've gathered the card needs to be above certain rank and present at your current team, but I have no idea what are the requirements beyond that.

When a female character with a nude card reaches rank 40 (****) her new nude card becomes a high priority drop, similar to the Kessel maids. So by managing which of your characters are above or below rank 40, you can "force" the game to drop a specific nude character the next time you open a chest that can drop that nude character card.

Some characters also need to have some or all of their related character cards in your collection to drop their nude card. For example, I couldn't get Sioux nude card to drop since she requires Haurein and I didn't have Haurein. A better example is nude Yuki, who needs nude La Saizel to unlock.

Some characters' nude cards have priority over others. Another factor is that the longer the character has been over rank 40, the higher priority their nude card is. So it's important to always take new nude cards since they will block other characters' nude cards if you don't take them.

In my example, since I leveled Pope to rank 52 for the Warg fight, her nude card blocked other Free Cities and Light character nude cards from dropping. Even though I already had nude Pope from my first playthrough, if I don't take nude Pope she will block other characters' new nude cards from dropping. If you look at the pic above, I got nude Tillday last since I had to go back and remove nude Pope from blocking her card drop first.

Each chest on a map has 3 slots, and each slot will drop a fixed type of card, with different thresholds for what kind of card it will drop. For example, one slot will always drop Zeth cards, another will always drop Fire cards, etc... depending on your treasure luck threshold, the kind of card ranges from dupe generic (lowest) to new secret rare (highest). So if you manage your team so that all of your female characters that you don't have nude cards are below level 40, if you find a chest that can drop nude cards (i.e.. it has a low threshold for the type of card you want to drop), then if you go back to the previous phase and give a meal ticket to the character you want the nude card to drop (so she is the only new character to reach rank 40), when you open that chest her nude card will be in it, assuming it doesn't have other requirements and there's no other nude card with higher priority blocking it.

Basically, when a character reaches a new rank threshold (10, 20, 40, 80) that character will change the priority of card drops, changing which cards are inside chests.

If you find a chest that can drop 3 secret rares (I used the turn 15 free chests map chest), the new nude card will replace one of the secret rares.

In other words, if you find a chest that dropped a nude card, it will be able to drop other nude cards of the same type, so you can use that chest to get any nude card of that type.

Secret rares are similar, i.e. if you want to get Secret Rare Gandhi, you have to level him to rank 40 first.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
So I finally got around to completing Land Invasion.
rx135.png

All countries liberated by start of turn 12. The best part of Land Invasion is you get 2 turns to fuck around with things like the Toushin sidequest.

rx153.png

rx154.png

It's unfortunate that the hardest A ending to get is the most pathetic. This is the most pathetic Kayblis of all the A endings and he gets his ass kicked and gangraped by pretty much everyone.

rx146.png

At least Gandhi enjoyed it.

rx147.png

rx156.png

rx157.png

rx148.png

And the waifus are happy.
rx158.png

rx160.png

rx161.png

rx150.png

rx152.png

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever choose that again.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I want a Russian version of Rance X where Silky plays hockey instead of baseball.

Also someone asked on 4chan why Cream get a HCG instead of Amitos -> DOES NOT KNOW TADA

Last edited:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
I don't why but every time I restart I get like 3 Mikan cards from random drops.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I don't use random cards drop. And didn't even started part 2.
Only 600+ cards for now.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Beat Kesselring during the night for the first time.
The fight was surprisingly easy once I figured out that he goes to the mist form if the blackened HP bar debuff is removed. I sabotaged my attempts by removing that with Arlcoate and thought that shit was impossible.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Decided to beat Sea Route the hard way to get nude Noah, Rance's weapon upgrades and the best assistants. The good news was that getting nude Noah to drop wasn't difficult.
rx163.png

The bad news...

rx164.png

This was the fiercest Kayblis fight yet. 45 million hp, hits hard like Kayblis always does, resists every debuff, miasma to fuck with Pope shield and all-out attack behavior. I had him on ninja lockdown for a while but eventually he broke out, knocked out both Freya and Kiku (leaving me with the useless ninja), and then it was a race to death since I couldn't heal the damage Kayblis was outputing every turn. Do I have enough to put put him down?

rx165.png

GOT THERE, BARELY. Kessel vampires, thank you. Nice fight.

Now I suppose I should harvest the last 4 cp.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Started part 2. I have no idea what dialog options mean so i'm just chosing first option.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
They just change the tone of answers. Topmost is the standard JRPG altruist and bottom is the assholiest choice. They don't really affect anything beyond a single response.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Did Cliff Fort for the 2 CP, it wasn't what I expected.

After getting the secret tunnel, I could continue to liberate countries/ rescue broken Magic/ Japan sidequest, etc... And Miki wasn't kidnapped. I could even do Sea route on turn 12.

Unfortunately Arios still came to kill Miki end of turn 13. FINALLY got Omachi from the absolute LAST chest from liberating FC on turn 13. I know she shows as a common, but I've noticed there's a few "commons" that take premium spots in chests (Burinator Pope for example) and I think she's one of those.

rx168.png

I wonder if it can play out differently if you 1-turn all four countries by the end of turn 7.

It also seems like this is the route where collecting the Golden Statues could be useful, i.e. if you have the 4 statues and Saizel/ Hawzel when you figh ALICE, perhaps that's when La Vaswald appears.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
No, i'm talking about characters fingers. Like Shizuka or Sheila for example.

Also is there ng+ hard option for part 2? Because now i'm at tournament final fight and there was only one fight in part 2 when i was forced to reload and read card skills description.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom