Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Jason Liang

Arcane
Ho-Raga
You have to have Cafe Artful,
Do base phase event to recruit Nikkou
Do base phase event to recruit British
Do phase phase event to find Ho-Raga

A lot of character events wont trigger if you get the character out of a chest, you have to recruit the character using plot mechanisms. For example, supposedly you can't do Galtia's 2nd and 3rd meal tickets unless you recruit Kenshin during Helman 1. If you get Kenshin from a chest only, the game wont let you give him the meal tickets.

DrDustCell

Educated
Jason Liang, That's plenty detailed, thanks! I'll try it out soon~

I haven't gotten Galtia's 2nd/3rd meal events for that reason as well. I saw that post on /haniho/ and I was like, nope, I'll get to that when I get to that, it's just meal ticket events. I like having more cards better >_>

JoKa, sure here you go bud

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Rance X is gonna be quite cool when the english version arrives in a decade based on comments in this thread. Can't wait :despair:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Current Status on all of the unsolved hidden content:

Golden Monkey Statue -
FACTS:

- The 4th Golden Statue in the game, and the only one that hasn't been found by anyone
- Two of the Golden Statues are found in part 1 - The Golden Sunflower from KD, and The Golden Gourd from Ho Raga
- The third Golden Statue (The Golden Bonsai) is a random drop found in part 2
- The scenes for Golden Sun Flower and Golden Gourd contain the same characters including Cafe Artful and Am, implying these characters are related to finding the Golden Monkey statue.
PROS:
- Exists in the datamined game files
THEORIES:
- Perhaps related to Toukichirou (Xavier's pet monkey) which is why a lot of Theories think it's found in the JAPAN route
- A theory exists that you must find the Golden Sunflower AND the Golden Gourd (as well as plot-recruit Ho-Raga and possibly Mercy Julietta) BEFORE turn 8 to find the Golden Monkey
- There's a lot of confusion why you find the Golden Bonsai in part 2 if you're supposed to collect all 4 statues in one run. My theory is that you can also find the Golden Bonsai in part 1.
- I also have a theory that perhaps the Golden Monkey is related to "Kill the Monkey" route, that is if you can prevent the game from ending (a la "Kill the Monkey") you'll find the Golden Monkey. That means you have to find a way to stop Miki from getting kidnapped on turn 11 so that you can get to turn 16+.
- Strangely Ho Raga goes in your boat in the "Sea" route, implying that he has a plot trigger somewhere in the "Sea" route.

Sieg -
FACTS:

- Sieg is one of the 5 Dark Lords (of 24) unaccounted for in Rance X.
PROS:
- Sieg's card exists and is complete in the datamined game files.
- Sieg's card is related to Aurora (his apostle).
- If Sieg didn't exist, Aurora would be pointless. The only possible reason you can recruit Aurora has to be to find Sieg.
THEORIES:
- There are three possible theories about recruiting Sieg. One is that you have to help Aurora find a suitable host for Sieg's Blood Soul. Assume that a suitable host should have at least Butler 2 skill (i.e. Buscuitta or Alefgard).
- Perhaps there's a base event for 6 butlers? (There's events for 6 Rangers, 6 Healers and 6 Guards).
- The second theory is that Aurora herself is supposed to reincarnate as Sieg. This is tied to the fact that no one can find Aurora's nude card.
- The third theory is that Sieg is already reincarnated and hidden as a character in the game. Given how he was in Kichikou Rance, my theories on who could Sieg possibly be disguised as-
a. Cola. Which is why she's directing Arios to kill Miki.
b. Nunuhara. A completely new character appears out of nowhere, and knows all sorts of secrets about Rance and is obssessed with him. Sounds kind of like Sieg to me.

La Vaswald -
FACTS:

- TADA said that there's a hidden character who only appears when one of the countries is about to collapse. Many people think this character is La Vaswald.
PROS:
- La Vaswald's art and card is in the files but the card is blank. On the other hand, nothing says that La Vaswald has to be a collectible or recruitable character.
- La Vaswald was featured in Rance X's promo art.
- It doesn't make sense to cut La Vaswald since she was supposed to be that important.
- It doesn't make sense to have La Hawzel and La Siezel but not La Vaswald.
THEORIES:
- If La Vaswald is tied to one of the countries falling, my bet would be Leazas since that's where La Hawzel and La Siezel are assigned.
- Perhaps you aren't supposed to recruit La Hawzel to get La Vaswald. Most people are trying to get her to appear by recruiting La Hawzel, but there's nothing that says you should recruit them.
- Perhaps the trigger comes when Arios comes to kill La Hawzel.

Part 3 -
FACTS:

- We know that the game was at least planned to have 3 parts, since a Part 3 graphic button exists in the game's art files.
PROS:
- The "whale" coda after the final movie in part 2 seems inconclusive for a true ending (a la Wizardry IV).
- It's also strange that the game sends you back to the final map and auto-moves you to the "whale" ending event. It implies that there's a hidden path on the final map.
THEORIES:
- Has anyone tried to beat Part 2 without doing any Friendships (so no best Friend)?
- Has anyone tried getting the final, final version of El (probably requires doing Part 2 on Hard mode)?

Nude Kesselring/ Medusa -
FACTS:

- Kesselring has a nude memory slot, but no one's been able to get her nude card.
- Medusa has a card but it's only a placeholder.
- It's strange that Medusa wouldn't have a nude card since there's nude art for her and the other female DLs all have nude cards.
THEORIES:
- Perhaps Kesselring is related to Gele? (see below)
- Supposedly there's a way to get Medusa (similar to the way you recruit Galtia from the Eating Contest) by giving her one of your female characters as a gift.

Other DLs/ Gele-
FACTS:

- In addition to Sieg, Burksham, Meglass, Ithere and Kite are also missing in Rance X.
PROS:
- Ithere was retconned to have survived in Rance 03. Why retcon him if he isn't going to appear in the final game?
- Only Kite has appeared in a recent game (Rance Quest). So Kite not appearing is more reasonable.
- There's too many Little Princess references for Burksham to not appear. Burksham was the first Dark Lord to appear in any AliceSoft game, so I would bet he appears somehow in Rance X. Also, why make Mercy Julietta a secret character if it isn't related to Burksham?
- Meglass is supposed to be dead? Terra and the other Horus character talk about Meglass in their meal ticket events.
THEORIES:
- It's possible Ithere is the character that's supposed to appear when a country is about to collapse, since we know his Blood Soul is in Leazas.
- Meglass is possibly related to the other Horus characters. It would payoff having the Horus characters in the game.
- It's possible that the missing Dark Lords are related to Gele, i.e. Ithere wants to return Gele and Burksham can open up a portal to Gele's dimensional prison. So perhaps there's a hidden route where you free Gele to fight Kayblis?
- The DLs created by Gele were Medusa, Sieg, La Hawzel, La Siezel, Ithere, Lei, Noce and Gi. So nearly all of the DLs that have unsolved content are related to Gele.

Other Missing Characters-
- Kaiju Prince/ Kaiju Princess. Seems strange that such a prominent character in Kichikou Rance would be completely missing, not even referenced like Meglass.

Last edited:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Sieg -
FACTS:

- Sieg is one of the 5 Dark Lords (of 24) unaccounted for in Rance X.
PROS:
- Sieg's card exists and is complete in the datamined game files.
- Sieg's card is related to Aurora (his apostle).
- If Sieg didn't exist, Aurora would be pointless. The only possible reason you can recruit Aurora has to be to find Sieg.
THEORIES:
- There are three possible theories about recruiting Sieg. One is that you have to help Aurora find a suitable host for Sieg's Blood Soul. Assume that a suitable host should have at least Butler 2 skill (i.e. Buscuitta or Alefgard).
- The second theory is that Aurora herself is supposed to reincarnate as Sieg. This is tied to the fact that no one can find Aurora's nude card.
- The third theory is that Sieg is already reincarnated and hidden as a character in the game. Given how he was in Kichikou Rance, my theories on who could Sieg possibly be disguised as-
a. Cola. Which is why she's directing Arios to kill Miki.
b. Nunuhara. A completely new character appears out of nowhere, and knows all sorts of secrets about Rance and is obssessed with him. Sounds kind of like Sieg to me.

If anything Aurora is just a small cameo. When she is encountered in AL Church she is looking for Sieg's blood soul, but Crook notes that Abert overwrote his personality meaning he is dead for good and Aurora is in a state of complete denial. Given how Sieg's datamined portrait doesn't even have any alternate facial impression he was probably cut and/or only meant for flashback or dream sequence with Aurora. You theories make little sense considering Cola's aka Chorus0024's job is to guide the hero for the amusement of the whale and Nunuhara is Rance's stalker, while Sieg hated his guts from the point when Rance resorted to dirty tricks in VI.

Other DLs/ Gele-
FACTS:

- In addition to Sieg, Burksham, Meglass, Ithere and Kite are also missing in Rance X.
PROS:
- Ithere was retconned to have survived in Rance 03. Why retcon him if he isn't going to appear in the final game?
- Only Kite has appeared in a recent game (Rance Quest). So Kite not appearing is more reasonable.
- There's too many Little Princess references for Burksham to not appear. Burksham was the first Dark Lord to appear in any AliceSoft game, so I would bet he appears somehow in Rance X. Also, why make Mercy Julietta a secret character if it isn't related to Burksham?
- Meglass is supposed to be dead? Terra and the other Horus character talk about Meglass in their meal ticket events.
THEORIES:
- It's possible Ithere is the character that's supposed to appear when a country is about to collapse, since we know his Blood Soul is in Leazas.
- Meglass is possibly related to the other Horus characters. It would payoff having the Horus characters in the game.
- It's possible that the missing Dark Lords are related to Gele, i.e. Ithere wants to return Gele and Burksham can open up a portal to Gele's dimensional prison. So perhaps there's a hidden route where you free Gele to fight Kayblis?
- The DLs created by Gele were Medusa, Sieg, La Hawzel, La Siezel, Ithere, Lei, Noce and Gi. So nearly all of the DLs that have unsolved content are related to Gele.

Kite was killed in Quest, Bursham hasn't had any role after Little Princess and Satella mentions that Kayblis caught Meglass, meaning he was probably killed offscreen. Also note that Kenja Keiko's role was cut, considering that she gets raped to death in Hornet's imprisonment scene, but she has a character portrait with alternate facial impression. I'd wager she was meant to be recruitable if Hornet was saved early.

The game has such an enormous roster that it's natural that every side character won't get proper closure because of time constraints alone. When 03 was released they probably thought about giving Ithere some sort of role in X, but opted not to. There's also a chance that some stuff will be patched in later like playable Elena and Amitos were added in IX, which might happen with La Vasvald given she was revealed before release.

Jason Liang

Arcane
When she is encountered in AL Church she is looking for Sieg's blood soul, but Crook notes that Abert overwrote his personality meaning he is dead for good and Aurora is in a state of complete denial. Given how Sieg's datamined portrait doesn't even have any alternate facial impression he was probably cut and/or only meant for flashback or dream sequence with Aurora.
Then why does he have a card? So Crook must be wrong. Besides, what happened to Sieg/ Abert's Blood Soul? It wasn't reabsorbed by Miki like Xavier's.

You theories make little sense considering Cola's aka Chorus0024's job is to guide the hero for the amusement of the whale and Nunuhara is Rance's stalker, while Sieg hated his guts from the point when Rance resorted to dirty tricks in VI.
Hate is a similar obssession.

If Sieg reincarnated, he could be anyone but he's probably someone who is causing horrific problems for the human side. Manipulating Arios (but basically Escudo) makes a lot of sense.

The game has such an enormous roster that it's natural that every side character won't get proper closure because of time constraints alone. When 03 was released they probably thought about giving Ithere some sort of role in X, but opted not to. There's also a chance that some stuff will be patched in later like playable Elena and Amitos were added in IX, which might happen with La Vasvald given she was revealed before release.

The first patch added some content like extra nude cards, but AliceSoft hasn't said anything to debunk the idea that Sieg, La Vaswald or Part 3 exist, which they could have done.

I personally think there is a Gele quest chain, it's just we haven't figured out how to recruit Medusa yet.

Jason Liang

Arcane

Jason Liang

Arcane
A new character card found on 4chan! (probably from 1.01 patch)

No abilities though. It's also a 2nd version card which means there's another version too.

1521384718184.png

DrDustCell

Educated
I know this is out of the current discussion, but I'm now 100% sure that
lvl300+ kids are a thing.

I decided to finish a part2 game I already started to see what I'd get, and I got Lvl308 Mix again along with this "monster" whose level coincided EXACTLY with what I predicted lol. (a simple +50 to "regular" collection one, Shizuka and Nagi aside)

latest

So now I got 3 of these overpowered kids. 13 more to go!

After looking for mercy and some other rare stuff posted above (or Chorus0024, allegedly SpoilerAL'd), I'll definitely be hunting for these lil big tykes.

That said, I'm at 874 cards but it seems the end is still nowhere in sight...

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I think you're pretty close to the limit, but the 1200 cards probably counts non-collectible cards as well.

DrDustCell

Educated
I think you're pretty close to the limit, but the 1200 cards probably counts non-collectible cards as well.

Did you get ~1200 from this card list dump? (which lists 1037)

~1200 really does seem to be the correct amount. While the 1037 above includes cut content, the number also does not include cards with identical images, and as we all know there's quite a few of them in the latter part of the game.. (should be a bit over 150)

Jason Liang

Arcane
You have all the ones I have: 42, 45, 55, 65, nude, pixel, DK and 400.

I assume though that you need to get 65 before turn 11, and then when you do the turn 11 event you'll get 85 (or 75) instead of 65.

DrDustCell

Educated

I assume though that you need to get 65 before turn 11, and then when you do the turn 11 event you'll get 85 (or 75) instead of 65.
Makes sense.. yet another thing to aim for in the next Part 1 playthrough lol! This is going into my checklist..

TigerKnee

Arcane
Jesus, Part 2 started out OK but it's getting pretty boring, especially gameplay-wise.

DrDustCell

Educated
Jesus, Part 2 started out OK but it's getting pretty boring, especially gameplay-wise.
It's a completely different feel from Part 1, it's basically a hallway simulator gameplay-wise and (on purpose) stereotypical anime/oldskool rpg plot story-wise but it does get challenging later on.

Don't worry it's worth it. There's a lot of throwbacks and heartwarming scenes. I got a bit teary eyed quite a few times tbh. (which never happened in part 1)

JoKa

Cipher
Hey bro thanks for trying again - I figured it not working for me being due to playing Verison 1.0.
The new table has Japanese descriptions though ;-)

Jason Liang

Arcane

Makes sense.. yet another thing to aim for in the next Part 1 playthrough lol! This is going into my checklist..

Also use the xp +50% bonuses since it seems ***, ****, and ***** will unlock higher versions of some characters.

DrDustCell

Educated
JoKa,
生命最大 MAX HP
见面秒杀 ALWAYS CRIT
掉落率最大 TREASURE RATE 100%
经验最大 MAX EXP
食券/金块最大 MAX MEAL TICKETS/GOLD BARS
徽章最大 MAX MEDALS (turn off immediately after starting new run, else get stuck in a loop)
友情值最大 MAX FRIENDSHIP POINTS
Point最大 MAX GAME SCORE

This is chinese lol

Jason Liang,
Hehhee, you see that MAX EXP above? I.. use that to get everyone to *200 after a single battle. That should suffice, lol. (Don't judge me! All the cards and their stats in the wiki have to be uniform!) XD

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom