Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
http://blog.mangagamer.org/2016/12/01/rance-5d-rance-vi-available-for-pre-order/

hqdefault.jpg

DO YOUR CIVIC DUTY, RAPEZEN!

Or else you will never

1228_screenshot7.jpg

Or

tumblr_nkg32yZpz11rug3kho1_500.png

TigerKnee

Arcane
Don't those Elves with the blue jeweled brow die after fucking them? Fucking them turns their jewel from blue to red and kills them. At least that's what I seem to remember from Toushin Toshi.
It doesn't.

If I'm not wrong, it actually makes them more powerful because the crystal fills with magic except for the fact that they are swiftly killed and harvested for their crystal (which is the reason why they're hunted/raped in the first place) because this is the Rance universe.

That's correct. Red = virgin, blue = impure slut.

They die from removing the crystal. Apparently it's a vital organ you can just snap right off. Obvious case of (malignant) intelligent design of the race. The blue crystals are magical commodities used to enchant equipment and stuff.

Red Eye

Learned
Kalar that became devils don't die if their crystal is removed but they still have a complex about it being touched

One of the old Kalar queens kept her crystal red even after fucking around quite a bit, she even partially transcended both into Devil and Angel.

Red Eye

Learned
One of the old Kalar queens kept her crystal red even after fucking around quite a bit, she even partially transcended both into Devil and Angel.

Basically the Kalar exist to provide a steady stream of new angels. Each Kalar will at some point in their life ascend to angelhood, or descend to become a devil if their soul pollution was high (Feliss).
Soul Pollution is more about emotional state and stuff and not sin.

Full was the kind of person who really hated responsibility and rules but as the Kalar Queen she was even more bound by them then most. So the resentment triggered a transformation into becoming a devil which was only partial because she suppressed it by force of will. Later her soul pollution levels fell and she started transforming into an angel which was again only partial because she suppressed it.

She then decide to have an heir so she could dump all the ruling responsibilities on her daughter. She got a strong man and had sex with him and had three children. Her crystal did not change, presumably because she was no longer kalar enough for it to do so. Just as Feliss crystal remains red.

The daughter she dumped all the responsibilities onto was Vivid who in contrary to her mother was a massive stickler to the rules and made all the laws forbidding sex with men and created the artificial impregnation ceremony. Her successor was Modern who is Pastel's mother and Reset's grandmother.
Modern went through the impregnation ceremony 50 times. Pastel was going through the impregnation ceremony for the first time when Rance intervened and raped her and made Reset.

So Pastel lost her virginity before her mother and grandmother

Besides having the effect of progressing your relationship with different characters (Half the time Rance does something that annoys them, but the game says it’s improving their friendship, so I guess it is), you can also power up your party members this way, so there is a gameplay benefit.

sasuga rance

Yes, finally a game that understands how relationships actually work.

And that’s more or less how Rance VI goes. Even if you know nothing about Rance or didn’t care for Sengoku Rance, if you’re into RPGs at all as I am, I highly recommend it. It’s personally one of my favorite RPGs of all time, both because it’s a solid RPG, and because the characters and plot are great and much more involved than Sengoku’s.

wat seriously

It's your typical linear jRPG structure, so it has a really lengthy and fairly complex plot vs. Sengoku's rather wide but not especially deep plot with lots of side events. I didn't really keep track of how long it took me to finish but I'd say its a good 25-50 hour game, and that's assuming you aren't fumbling around in a foreign language like I was.

The director of the Rance series, TADA, was a fan of old dungeon crawlers like Wizardry, but recognized most of them weren’t actually all that good, so he wanted to make his ideal game in that genre.

:lol:

That said I wouldn't really call Rance 6 a dungeon crawler. Yes all the gameplay technically involves going through a Wizardry-like map and fighting random encounters with a party of 6, but its simply not what you would consider a hardcore or difficult game either in terms of combat or in terms of navigating the areas, which is what I would consider the focus of a game labeled a "dungeon crawler". Rance alone is basically enough power to win most encounters and you'll just have the rest of the group around to soak damage and support a bit (or use Shizuka to AoE wipe encounters, but she doesn't last long). It's a very plot-focused game, there's dozens of locations with dozens of events each and you'll be revisiting them constantly.

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I still think only 4 minutes is a disservice to SR. He could have easily talked about it for 20.

Rance

Novice
Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day, you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll rape you instead, gahahahahahahahahaha!

0LnHy0n.jpg

duanth123

Arcane
Played a bit of VI so far and while the H scenes/gameplay is a bit of a step down from Sengoku (for obvious reasons) the writing and tone are great. A nice reminder that a Hentai game without a need to satisfy a wider dumb audience can in 5 minutes accurately capture what all the posturing by AAA developers about social issues like slavery war and discrimination has utterly failed to ever convey on more than a grade school level. For added irony pretty much every Rance game I've played, including VI, passes the Bechdel test

Last edited:

Red Eye

Learned
Played a bit of VI so far and while the H scenes/gameplay is a bit of a step down from Sengoku (for obvious reasons) the writing and tone are great. A nice reminder that a Hentai game without a need to satisfy a wider dumb audience can in 5 minutes accurately capture what all the posturing by AAA developers about social issues like slavery war and discrimination has utterly failed to ever convey on more than a grade school level. For added irony pretty much every Rance game I've played, including VI, passes the Bechdel test

I love how Rocky had those events where he really struggled to overcome having to fight alongside all the mages like Shizuka and Sill.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is the best way to Rance VI to wait between *IMPORTANT EVENTS*, grind orbs, clear the list of non-repeatables, then continue? Or is it safe to do the *IMPORTANT* stuff then come back to the others whenever? I'm not sure, but I think one event disappeared without me doing it by doing a story mission (it was an Abert one, so not too concerned).

Grinolf

Arcane
Is the best way to Rance VI to wait between *IMPORTANT EVENTS*, grind orbs, clear the list of non-repeatables, then continue? Or is it safe to do the *IMPORTANT* stuff then come back to the others whenever? I'm not sure, but I think one event disappeared without me doing it by doing a story mission (it was an Abert one, so not too concerned).

Name of the event should tell if this it could disappear after a story mission in most cases. For example, your mission is find the missing orphan and there are events with some characters regarding disappearance of said girl, so it's better to prioritize them. Not sure about Abert ones, but he usually gives you some goodies, so it could be good idea to clear them asap before they go away (no idea how long they last).
But majority of the events from your party members would stay there for a long time (or forever?) and you should have an abundance of red orbs during most of the game with no good ways to spend them, so no point in grinding them. The only possible exceptions if you could get enough opinion to get some key upgrades (like Shizuka's Earthquake or Maria's Support) by doing them, Rocky's events that raise his lvl cap or insect girl radar. Kaoru events are probably the least safe, as she would be unavailable in the mid game and I suspect that her old events may not reappear after she rejoins, but it should be clear after which mission she leaves the party, so better to clear them all before doing it.
Also some non-important red orb events are side missions (should be clear from their name), so it's a good idea to pick them before activating the story events as you can only have one mission active at a time (be it main or side one).

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
So, I finally caved in and I tried Rance VI. Truly, the might of his Hyperweapon is boundless. Just to know though: Is there a log which contains already read conversations just like Sengoku Rance, or not? While this game is thankfully not as verbose, it would be nice to know that.

da_rays

Augur
30 minutes in that game: 1 succesfull rape and i just know that im gonna destroy Radon . And rape that sweet daughter of his . THAT SAID , cool translation . I was a bit afraid but i can feel that Rance feeling already. Its been a while since SR , its good to have Rance back in action. From that nice dungeon crawler mode , the rapes , the dialogues and the face that my neighbor made when he came to check my ''new RPG'' and I had my 1st encounter with that chick in the dungeon in which you net the Gold candlestick. '' My hero is gonna rape that chick and its gonna be back in dungeon crawling mode. Like old school wizardry.'' Best WTF face of 2016.

now , back to slave camp. need to get out of there. Or in someone. fucking camp. sausage factory -_-

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom