Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Railway Empire, new TTD style game

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted

Release on 26th

McPlusle

Savant
Looks more like a modernized Railroad Tycoon than TTD. It'll probably be cool, but I don't see it supplanting OpenTTD, especially seeing as the game has no multiplayer.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Has anyone here played Railroad Tycoon 3?

I think it's one of the most enjoyable Tycoon that exists. Strangely though, no-one ever mentions it.

McPlusle

Savant
Has anyone here played Railroad Tycoon 3?

I think it's one of the most enjoyable Tycoon that exists. Strangely though, no-one ever mentions it.

Yeah, I loved Railroad Tycoon 3. I never got around to playing Sid Meier's Railroads or any other later rail sims, though.

Stokowski

Arcane
Never tried 3 after being a bit disappointed in 2. Though it had an excellent soundtrack, #2's network building wasn't particularly engaging and the dev team later admitted the game was more a live test of the game engine they'd created to power the title they really wanted to make, Tropico.

Railway Empire looks good but expensive, and entirely US networks (I think?) which is a bummer. Not sure whether it is also intended as a sandbox as well as a campaign focused game. I'd love a new choo-choo sandbox.

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted
Railway Empire looks good but expensive, and entirely US networks (I think?) which is a bummer. Not sure whether it is also intended as a sandbox as well as a campaign focused game. I'd love a new choo-choo sandbox.

Seems the campaign is a tutorial and then you play sandbox

Stokowski

Arcane
Dang. I really shoulda checked the splash screen before: "Campaign, Scenarios, Free mode, Sandbox mode."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom