Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rage 2 from Just Cause devs

Wunderbar

Arcane
Harry Potter RPG confirmed.

Vexxt

Educated
Rage is a good example of a game whose ambition far exceeded its execution.

I played it about 2 years ago, and to be completely fair, I can appreciate it not for what it was, but for what I could tell they WANTED it to be. They were severely restrained by x360 hardware, and as such the original plans for the game were scrapped and it became a more or less linear corridor shooter with a few open driving areas and tons of shit filler.

But, here we are....

If they have created a post-apocalyptic wasteland with the same graphical quality as nuDoom using ID Tech 6, then of course this has my interest. If they have created a game with the size and scope of their ORIGINAL plans for Rage (much more open, multiple paths, much larger areas etc) then I'm pretty stoked.

DeepOcean

Arcane
What a shit game Rage was, common, Bethesda has alot of jewbucks, they don't need to scrap the bottom of the barrel this way. Only institutionalized crazy people were the ones clamoring for a Rage sequel.

DeepOcean

Arcane
(much more open, multiple paths, much larger areas etc) then I'm pretty stoked.
So like every open world game ever, no thanks... the original Rage idea made sense on 2011, right now I really want a shooter with good shooting and by my experience, open world these days are an antithesis to that.

Vexxt

Educated
I didn't say "open world" a la Far Cry or similar - I said more open areas. In other words, give us more to do than follow a simple, linear path. Rage 1 had these huge destroyed cityscapes with ZERO exploration.

Even level design like nuDoom would suffice - the Foundry for example had a lot of hidden areas that weren't apparent unless you were really looking.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
One way this could be interesting is if they turned it into Grand Theft Apocalypse. Fallout with cars. Another linear shooter though...meh.

The Decline

Arcane
I might be wrong about this since I played the game so long ago, but didn't it have a really abrupt ending? As in the game just sort of ended without anything really happening?

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Man, hip and cool social media marketing sure is one hell of a drug. Imagine somehow turning a painfully mediocre game that was forgotten within weeks of release into a hype machine with a single tweet.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I might be wrong about this since I played the game so long ago, but didn't it have a really abrupt ending? As in the game just sort of ended without anything really happening?

Yeah, I remember something like that (although I never played it). Or that it ended just at the moment it startet to get interesting. I'll have to check a Let's Play for it...

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Newest bethesda tweet, lol

nHiuQZI.jpg
DqFfazI.jpg

KateMicucci

Arcane
If they have created a post-apocalyptic wasteland with the same graphical quality as nuDoom using ID Tech 6, then of course this has my interest. If they have created a game with the size and scope of their ORIGINAL plans for Rage (much more open, multiple paths, much larger areas etc) then I'm pretty stoked.
An open world game set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland... cool... where do i send my 60 bux

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
An open world game set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland... cool... where do i send my 60 bux
You can send $5 to Mad Max if you really wanted just that.

In the meantime they better not bring back the cars. I fucking hated that part the most. The shooter was alright, nothing spectacular.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I have a sneaking suspicion that this is gonna be a coop loot-shooter with emphasis on fancy character customization.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Holy shit it looks like ass no wonder that one Strogg QC trailer is in that faggot Borderlands aesthetic.

Vexxt

Educated
Dear God - wtf was that! It looks like real-life Fortnite or something -

This is supposed to draw attention TO the game?

Astral Rag

Arcane
"Rage 2 Announcement T..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Bethesda Softworks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom