Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rage 2 from Just Cause devs

Hines

Savant
https://bethesda.net/game/rage2

Bethesda... Bethesda never changes.

PC GAMER: Bethesda reacts to Rage 2 leak

Earlier today, Walmart Canada accidentally posted a list of new games, some announced and others not, that will presumably be revealed next month at E3. One of the surprise games on the list is Rage 2. The original Rage wasn't exactly a smash hit that demanded a sequel, after all, and neither Bethesda nor id Software have dropped a hint about it since Bethesda vice president of marketing Pete Hines allowed that Rage may have sold well enough to warrant a sequel. That was two years ago.

Not long after reports of the Walmart leak began to surface, the official Rage Twitter account, which had been dormant since mid-2015, sprang to life—not with a confirmation, or a denial, but... something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bocian

Arcane
These advertisements get more creative every year. What's next? Staged terrorist attack promoting some FPS?

DemonKing

Arcane
Rage 2 - really? I enjoyed the original enough I guess but Nu-Doom 2 and a new Elder Scrolls game would have made a much stronger lineup if I were a Bethesda stock holder.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Maybe Bethesda and Id are working on a new IdTech, which will allow huge open maps, day-night cycle and moddability.
Original Rage had pretty big maps.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
7MLn10a.png

soulburner

Cipher
Am I the only one who is happy about Rage 2? I really liked the game. I did think, however, that id Software would be making nuQuake. Perhaps Rage 2 is made by another studio? Or maybe id has grown and can work on two projects at the same time now? So many questions! ;)

Plisken

Learned
I'm not excited for it but its not like I'll reject it either. RAGE was not a great game but it wasn't terrible either, ID did some interesting stuff and probably would be able to create a better game a second time around.

Hines

Savant
ID did some interesting stuff and probably would be able to create a better game a second time around.
Outside of supporting other Bethesda subsidiaries with id tech 6 and producing Quake Champions, id will be all in on a sequel to Doom (2016). The rumour is that Avalanche's Sweden studio is working on the game.

Martius

Liturgist
Rage was so big mess I dont really see a point in sequel unless it would be more of a reboot. I thought Hines talking about "hell of earth" was talking about next Doom unless Rage 2 is done by someone else than Id.

duke nukem

Augur
Mega textures should now work better with these powerful ps4 and xboxone consoles. Now all they need to make it non linear game and it will be amazing.
Rage was better than Doom 2016, at the very least.
And better than last year`s fake prey.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Now we finally know which these "2 projects bigger than Skyrim and Fallout" are:
- Rage 2
- Starfield

Rage 2... a gigantic open world sandbox... literally... a sandbox... full of sand...

Ash

Arcane
Video game marketing is often extremely obnoxious, even by the standards of marketing in general. Mainly it's AAA that really ticks me off, but even some indie campaigns incite blood lust in me.

Falksi

Arcane
Bethestard really are aiming to be the dullest games producer ever aren't they?

I've never got bored with a game quicker than Rage. It was so fucking pathetic.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Newest bethesda tweet, lol

nHiuQZI.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom