Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Radical Heights - Cliff Bleszinski chases the next fad...and goes bankrupt, RIP

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Teaser for new project?:

J1M

Arcane
This is going to be like Mythos and Hellgate: London where people end up more interested in Double Dudes than the real product. :smug:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Hopefully they're not dumb enough to make another multiplayer focused game, especially a multiplayer shooter. Any multiplayer game they make now will be tainted by the failure of Lolbreakers and nobody will buy it.

Arnust

Savant
I can't help but wonder what the Lawbreakers player base thinks of this. Has anyone informed him?
As 10-15% of it, I said it already, It's pretty damn shitty to have waited until the very end of Q1 to inform that the update schedule previously advertised has been cancelled and won't see the light, if not never, in a long loong time. I wonder how much of this is BK and Nexon, but it's pretty baffling that the PSA still dares to talk about transparency when that's the very last thing they can be proud about especially now. It's not like that mattesr considering that all the people jerking off about the flop's knowledge of the game and the state of it boils down to CLiffyB's face and SteamDB screenshots. I myself was of the thought that packaging the planned updates and a marketing boost could reboot it at least to a modest level, but Nexon doesn't seem to think likewise.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More possible teasers:

DaMRhPEX0AATcP0.jpg

DaRbqYtWsAE_wS5.jpg

DaUANP8V4AA5ZH3.jpg

People guess the title is "Radical Heights."

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Haha, of course their "passion project" is a battle royale.

Also no sight of Nexon as publisher.

Arnust

Savant
Well at least that's good. The game also lowkey seems pretty interesting but hey, if you fail at making a dent in a fad genre, you go try that with another one. Oh well.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm guessing they must've been cooking this one up when it became obvious Lawbreakers wouldn't be pulling any numbers, instead of continuing to maintain a corpse.

Though like Arnust said, nothing screams 'desperate hacks' more than jumping on the latest trends in order to maximize your chances at exposure and profit when you're so creatively bankrupt and insecure about your original ideas gaining any traction.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Arnust

Savant
Well, we can only see if it actually will. Albeit Durandal I wouldn't have called LB an attempt of getting in the bandwagon considering it started development at just about the same time as its competitors. But in this instance it's quite the less ambiguous if it actually is, no doubt.

Arnust

Savant
https://www.pcgamer.com/radical-hei..._source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

Radical Heights is Boss Key's next game—a free-to-play battle royale set in a 'futuristic '80s world'
"[It] takes place in 2023 during an over-the-top game show."

After admitting LawBreakers' failure last week, developer Boss Key Productions has now unveiled its latest project: Radical Heights. Due on Steam's Early Access initiative tomorrow, April 10, the free-to-play battle royale-style shooter is set in within a futuristic game show-meets-survival scavenger hunt that's inspired by the '80s where "cash is king".

If that sounds hard to get your head around, check out these moving pictures:

Clear as mud? Here's the game's creative director Zach Lowery: "This is a five month passion project for the studio as we’re creating and publishing the game entirely by ourselves. We’re huge fans of Battle Royale games along with the bright, inviting irreverence of the '80s aesthetic. Because of that, we want to put our own spin on the genre and create a futuristic '80s world that takes place in 2023 during an over-the-top game show where contestants battle it out for fame and prizes."

In conversation with PC Gamer via email, Boss Key tells us that while the studio's Cliff Bleszinski is involved with the development of Radical Heights, he's "letting the new blood lead and run with their creative visions." As for the game's recurring mentions of "cash"—it's in reference to the game's in-game soft currency, represented by cash pickups and prizes around the game world.

So-called "Rad Gems", on the other hand, mark the game's premium currency, that can be bought with real money. "Rad Gems can be used to purchase cosmetics outright, or players can grind for in-game cash to also purchase cosmetics (once they are found in the game world)," Boss Key tells us.

More information on all of that can be found via the game's newly-launched Steam page. Before you go, have some screens:

Look at the images on the link I can't be arsed

Last edited by a moderator:

mbv123

Arbiter
Uhhh, why the fuck are they revealing a game just a day before it's actual release?
Do they even know what the fuck marketing is?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom