Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Race brief descriptions

tiagocc0

Arcane
We are now making the races documentation. This is just a brief description, as the game progresses we will go back and add more information, hope you like it!

Our artist Danilo is currently working to improve the Orgon image.
I will add the other descriptions as I finish them.

Feel free to suggest or critique!

Page 2 - Orgon

Page 4 - Mog-Ak

EDIT:

Page 3 - The Empire

Page 5 - BorBorr

EDIT2:

Page 6 - Ots

Page 7 - Human

EDIT3:

Page 8 - Krom

Page 9 - One

Page 10 - Diwt

Page 11 - Dugwart

Page 12 - Fomwli

All pages here!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
SPACE MOLES!!!
:yeah:

Wait, the moles are usually traders, pirates & mercenaries, but when in war with other species they band together? o_O

tiagocc0

Arcane
Poppin' in space!

They are traders, pirates and mercenaries, they live in small factions with almost no central government. If they didn't band together in war they would be decimated. ;)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Are the texts in these .pdf files actual ingame texts or just concepts or design docs? If they are the former, IMO they could use some work. ;) I am far from being a good writer, but some stuff could be easily improved IMO.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Are the texts in these .pdf files actual ingame texts or just concepts or design docs? If they are the former, IMO they could use some work. ;) I am far from being a good writer, but some stuff could be easily improved IMO.
Design docs, part of them will end up being in the game. Yep they sure can be improved, I'm not a native English speaker so.. :oops: And I started them today.

EDIT: A question, should they be improved to correct grammatical errors, improve the atmosphere of the text with context of the game or correct how phrases were built as to make sense?
EDIT2: Or all of the above?

EDIT3: Two more races added!

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Design docs, part of them will end up being in the game. Yep they sure can be improved, I'm not a native English speaker so.. :oops: And I started them today.

EDIT: A question, should they be improved to correct grammatical errors, improve the atmosphere of the text with context of the game or correct how phrases were built as to make sense?
EDIT2: Or all of the above?

EDIT3: Two more races added!

The grammar is fine the way I see it - ofcourse other native speakers would be better suited to critize them. ;) It's hard to pin down what exactly I mean, it's some certain use of words or sentence structure that I would change. "this gas does this" etc. could be more elegantly written for example. It doesn't need a lot of (pseudo)-scientifc informations either, but in this case I personally would have researched a bit if such a gas would exist under such conditions (pretty sure there is) and would include the name. If there is not such a gas, just make up your own one ;) (depending how "realistic" you want to make your game ofcourse). So yeah, I think I mean more the atmosphere of the texts. They are by no means bad by the way, I am just nitpicking. :p

EDIT: Man I am loving your artists armor design! That "Empire" suit again looks great to my eyes!

tiagocc0

Arcane
The grammar is fine the way I see it - ofcourse other native speakers would be better suited to critize them. ;) It's hard to pin down what exactly I mean, it's some certain use of words or sentence structure that I would change. "this gas does this" etc. could be more elegantly written for example. It doesn't need a lot of (pseudo)-scientifc informations either, but in this case I personally would have researched a bit if such a gas would exist under such conditions (pretty sure there is) and would include the name. If there is not such a gas, just make up your own one ;) (depending how "realistic" you want to make your game ofcourse). So yeah, I think I mean more the atmosphere of the texts. They are by no means bad by the way, I am just nitpicking. :p

EDIT: Man I am loving your artists armor design! That "Empire" suit again looks great to my eyes!

I will be sure to hire a writer later to correct and add more atmosphere to the text! I was thinking of creating a name for it later, but it's great idea to check if something similar to that does exist.
Thanks! He will be glad to hear that you liked it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Borbor and Octs seems a bit similar... perhaps adding a tail or something to the Borbors could help, I don't know...

Destroid

Arcane
It's simply an observation that each alien (including humans) has the same general bodyshape and posture. Whether that's bad or not is up to you, although I'm sure it helps your artist work more quickly and produces a more cohesive look.

tiagocc0

Arcane
It's simply an observation that each alien (including humans) has the same general bodyshape and posture. Whether that's bad or not is up to you, although I'm sure it helps your artist work more quickly and produces a more cohesive look.
They will all be redone later, it's a good observation because when redone we can correct this. :thumbsup:

tiagocc0

Arcane
New update, more races on the first post!
Or you can download the 12 pages pdf here!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom