Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R4 demo bugs and problems report thread

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Well, the servant wearing the auxiliary armor has it. Although his salves do stack with your own, just not always.

Depends on the potion level. In this case, you can see it by HP healed.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Couple bugs:

• At different times the game has either capitalized the second letter of the name I've typed in during character creation, or made the first letter lower case.
  • During the second battle of the thief ambush the cart randomly disappeared. I can't be more specific since I didn't notice it until the battle was over.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
The arena master calls the champion Al Sahir, but his name when you fight him is Al Sazir.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I have been playing quite a bit more (AoD is greattst countrey gaim!!), resulting in yet another bath of non-critical issues and a few suggestions:

Aurelian Outpost:
- If you tell the first guard that you are a loremaster looking for work, the Decanus arrives and shows you the power tube. If you use critical strike on him and then kill them all, the tube can not be looted from his body (instead I assume it is magically transported to the locked chest). This does not make sense, it is not said to break during the critical strike attack, and that raider leader could loot it during the manipulator path.

Imperial Guards:
- If the player joins the guards but leaves Teron early (i.e. by killing people and getting kicked out), this is not mentioned while looking for work at the Maadoran fort. Rather, the player is treated as a fresh recruit. It would be swell if the membership would still be recognised, as with the Assassin's Guild.
- Also, shouldn't it be possible for talkative players, for example a merchant betraying the guild to serve Carrinas, to convince the Legatus to send extra manpower to guard Strabos? The mission really is a death sentence otherwise (unless you betray the guards to Gaelius, but it is odd not to have an option to stay on their path, particularly so as to further exploit the whole Emperor thing).

Mountain Pass:
- This has probably been mentioned, but if you kill Ramires (?) at the pass, his corpse has the animation as if he was alive and sitting down, and while you can loot him, the artifact he normally sells is not on his body. Speaking of which, it would be very nice if he would offer the artifact to characters not in the Imperial Guards. For example, if you use the "loremaster" route and stay in the camp overnight, he could approach you after you have been cleared by Bass and try to sell it. Alternatively, the player could be free to leave the pass manually rather than through teleportation, and thus pass him on the way out.
- When you approach the pass, a critical strike option to take out/injure the Decanus (and perhaps the other nearby soldier) would be a nice way to start the fight for more diverse combat characters.
- If you fight your way through the mountain pass to reach the Ordu, convince them to go south and then agree to return to the pass to sabotage the black powder supply, the Imperial Guards "recognize you", let you in and tell you how lucky you are, ask about the Ordu and so forth, and then take you to Bass, even though you butchered your way through their comrades. Logically, shouldn't they either fire on you right away, or at the very least surround you with a larger amount of troops and let Bass give the order to have you killed?
- Also, this too has probably been said before, but there is no healer in the Ordu camp, so unless you have healing salves, you cannot survive the pass, the Belgutai duel and the final Bass + 4 guards fight in succession.

Maadoran slums:
- Corpses blend into textures rather than being shown as laying properly on top of them, notably the "pavement" in the ambush with the oh-so-friendly self-appointed tour guide, and also the beds in the house with Miltiades and Levir's thugs.
- The two gang-fights would benefit from critical strike options to even out the odds a bit for characters that go for anything less than full weapon and dodge/block. Perhaps the player could pretend to pay the fees to pass, using streetwise + cs to stab either leader as he reaches for the gold. It would also be nice with greater effects for higher cs, like with Lorenza's guards. Mid-CS could injure/kill one thug, whereas higher could kill two of them.
- While doing the package delivery as a Boatman, the guards automatically attack you since they claim to recognise you as an assassin. This really doesn't make sense, since Levir's thugs, who really ought to be better informed, fail to recognise the player as a Boatman during the whole gold quest.

Forty Thieves (mostly grammar nazi):
- During Kleitos sales pitch, "armor" should read "armour" (assuming that the British spelling is favoured, which would seem to be the case since it is used in the introduction). Also, Kleitos describes the repeating crossbow as being very expensive, but it is really quite cheap. Perhaps the price ought to be increased by a few hundred or so.
- In the text introduction to Maadoran, there is a "the" missing in front of "few crates of gold", "rumors" should be "rumours" and "rough looking" should be "rough-looking".
- When Levir brings you along for the meeting right before you leave Maadoran, "the" in front of "Aurelian legionaries" should be omitted. Also, the picture depicts Levir with his hoard, not in the streets or near the villa.

Mercenary vignette:
- The inventory still gets messed up (net switched for shield, shield disappearing etc.) in the Verdanis vs. thugs fight. This forces the player to waste precious APs re-arranging items.

Ordu camp:
- For some reason, Belgutai's tent had some funky orange "no material" placeholder graphics, this never happened to me during earlier playthroughs. Screenshot below:

GsqhMBu.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mercenary vignette:
- The inventory still gets messed up (net switched for shield, shield disappearing etc.) in the Verdanis vs. thugs fight. This forces the player to waste precious APs re-arranging items.
I wouldn't mind being left weaponless for a few turns if one could at least push and/or feint whilst bare-handed.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I have been playing quite a bit more (AoD is greattst countrey gaim!!), resulting in yet another bath of non-critical issues and a few suggestions:
- While doing the package delivery as a Boatman, the guards automatically attack you since they claim to recognise you as an assassin. This really doesn't make sense, since Levir's thugs, who really ought to be better informed, fail to recognise the player as a Boatman during the whole gold quest.
To add to this, they recognize you as an assassin whether or not you've spoken to Darista yet. If you get to Maadoran and immediately do the package quest, they still recognize you.

hiver

Maadoran

Basils tavern has doors that are too small for the frame they are in.

In the old tower with the telescope there is a very bright light source above it that makes the whole top floor blindingly white, depending on the angle of the camera. Its too strong, should be minimized (or removed).

When engaged in the second fight for Miltiades, in noble district house - the walls of that room where the Verus family is when combat starts, can be shot through with the crossbow. And a spear can go through walls surrounding the doors at least - probably the rest too but i didnt actually check that.
The front doors are inaccessible, you cannot open or close them or go through them at all, even after the fight, when they seem to be open. The second door on the side can be walked through even when they are closed.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All walls allow projectiles to pass through them, it seems.
Truly post-apocalyptic quality architecture.

hiver

All walls allow projectiles to pass through them, it seems.
Truly post-apocalyptic quality architecture.
Yeah. also...now i see whats up with Miltiades quest line. Man.. i thought you meant he gets to become a Lord of Maadoran (which would have been huge spoiler) - so this way i was still a bit surprised. phew...

(i do think killing him or leaving him to his fate at different points could be described with some more writing then it currently is - its a very short, almost just "noting the fact of it", line or two currently)

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
The demon in Zamedi sometimes calls them the Qantari and sometimes the Quantari.

Also, Ramirus says "Psst..." even if he's dead. He's clearly got something he really wants to tell you.

8zFqKV5.jpg

It would also be nice if you got skill points or even just combat reputation for killing everyone in the pass.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
This is going to sound really, really strange but I've tested it a couple times on different characters and it seems to happen consistently. When you're asking Dellar for a job and select the [disguise] "So they're expecting Sohrab?" option, two bandits at the bandit camp die. You get a message saying they've collapsed and they're lying on the ground when you get there. It's very strange! It doesn't happen if you don't select that disguise dialogue.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
In 1024x768 resolution, the option to change gender doesn't exist in character creation.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you activate HDR on the graphics options, the character image is covered by a dark shadow in the character selection and inventory screens.

EDIT: Also, please please please bring back the shortcuts that allow the player to quickly switch between all the different attack-modes. I hate having to use the mouse to change between "fast" and "normal" etc.

EDIT2: Seems like someone beat me to it; there is a notice now saying that it is a known issue.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't edit my old post, but just to be helpful here is an actual bug/oversight:

If you speak to the lady running the clothing stall in the Teron marketplace and ask where the weapons are sold, she says that they are sold inside the commercium because "iron and steel" shouldn't be exposed to the elements. She says the commercium goods are much better than the blacksmith's.

If you go inside the commercium, there is only one weapon stall. The man sells NO steel weapons, and very few iron ones. I couldn't find anyone else inside that sold weapons (just an alchemist on the opposite side). Unless I'm missing someone inside the building, this is an oversight because the lady indicates the commercium has the best products and that they are kept indoors because steel and iron can't be outside.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Another oversight:

The closing scene for Teron when you complete the IG storyline says that the Aurelians are going to use the Ordu to reign the IG in.

This is a spoiler that ruins the first IG mission. The IG boss at the fort sends you to defend Strabo so that he can share a secret. Strabo's secret is... the Aurelians want to invite the Ordu to Maadoran. That isn't a secret at all, you already told us that the Aurelians were inviting the Ordu over; I could have let Strabo die and just told the IG boss myself (although if I know it from Teron then it should already be common knowledge in Maadoran).

hiver

Um... ahem, cough... i tried the new tutorial yesterday.

And when i was supposed to go into the combat area by clicking on the gate - i was left outside while the combat started. Which meant i couldnt end combat.
Upon restarting the game and trying it again everything worked fine.
ill see if i can do it again but just thought to let you know.

A bit of too many "son" this or "son" that, but otherwise a nice set of explanations and clarifications for combat options.

hiver

yeah, yeah... way too much sons everywhere.
Its not really that numerous. just stings my delicate eye a bit.

I havent managed to duplicate that bug again, btw. I tried three-four times but i go behind the gate properly now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Playing as an Assassin, I terrified Rhaskos so that he fled and left me with the supplies for the Outpost. I picked the option "find some poison..." and left to go find poison.

Nobody has any poison; there are no dialogue options to ask for poison from anyone. The guy in the Assassin's guild doesn't have an option, nobody in the market has an option, Feng doesn't, nobody in the tavern, I don't know where else to try. Seems to be a bug because the marketplace should definitely have rat poison dialogue.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Impossible Skill Test:

First Maadoran Assassin Quest:
1. Fail disguise check
2. Pay Beggar 500
3. Find false wall
4. Use critical strike option against the 3 guards

My character had maximum dexterity and 4-5 CS. I get a result of critical strike - success, dexterity - fail. One guard is killed, the second guard is too quick and I have to fight him and the third guard.

Given that my character has 10 dexterity, the maximum allowed in char gen, I should have had dexterity - success and killed both. I fear that there has been a mistake and the dexterity check requires more than the maximum. I don't know of any way to get more than 10 dexterity.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Impossible Skill Test:

First Maadoran Assassin Quest:
1. Fail disguise check
2. Pay Beggar 500
3. Find false wall
4. Use critical strike option against the 3 guards

My character had maximum dexterity and 4-5 CS. I get a result of critical strike - success, dexterity - fail. One guard is killed, the second guard is too quick and I have to fight him and the third guard.

Given that my character has 10 dexterity, the maximum allowed in char gen, I should have had dexterity - success and killed both. I fear that there has been a mistake and the dexterity check requires more than the maximum. I don't know of any way to get more than 10 dexterity.
I'm pretty sure I beat that check with 9 DX and 6 or 7 CS, try increasing your CS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom