Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R4 demo bugs and problems report thread

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The bandit camp is really tough, I pretty much always have to do the Aurelian outpost first to get skill points to boost dodge and crafting. It might be easier to take on the bandits if you have good block, though I have yet to try it. Usually, I need masterwork iron armour (auxiliary, phrygian or leather) and/or at least 5 in dodge and some luck. Force-attacking is a bad idea since the enemies tend to get an extra turn for some reason. Instead, I always start by taking out the bandit leader with critical strike (need 4), after which I go for the healthy axe-dude since he tends to dish out the most damage. It is tempting to kill off the injured ones first, but the axe guy is away from the rest (and farther from those damn archers). If you manage to net him on your first turn you can usually mess him up plenty before the rest show up.

When the injured ones do close in and surround you together with the axe-dude, whirlwind is a great way to dish out some serious punishment and kill them off quickly (especially if used together with poison). I often use whirlwind instead of running away, and I particularly like that it can cause knockdowns and throw enemies back. Also, top-tier spears like the krokspar actually work with this attack, so you don't need the normal 1-tile distance. You still won't get counter-attacks unless they attack you diagonally, but the damage from the krokspar's whirlwind is so brutal it hardly matters. Alternatively, you can just run away and pray for auto-attacks as they approach you.

Once the archers begin to close in, I typically run north into the woods past the cage. The archers will be farther away then and tend to miss more. Basically, I just run from them until their arrows run out and they rush forward to engage in melee.

Finally, if you ever get into serious trouble, you can use two burning oils (needs 3 alchemy) to deal some minor damage and create a fire barrier around yourself. The enemies are too stupid to realise the extent of such powerful sciencemagjifiks, and after being pushed back by the flames, they happily stand there allowing you to safely gut them at your leisure. Also, even if they are outside your range, or if you don't use spears, a single point in throwing will allow you to hit armoured foes reasonably often with throwing knives (and it goes without saying that bow/crossbow users will have the time of their lives).

hiver

Sound advices.

I do use burning oils and alchemy with my Assassin. Thats how i survived fights in Teron.
Cheating the bad Ai :P

I dont doubt that will be corrected though. It seems it would be enough if enemies would move further away. Even for ranged characters that would mean less THC.

- Also - i can hardly wait for enemies to start using alchemy too. That should be fun.

And yes, position near the cage is much better. You can also hide behind the cage itself at least a little and hide behind melee enemies so they get hit by archers - sometimes.
But in this case i just thought it might be better to just pay and get it done nice and quick. After all...those bandits never done anything to me.

I just love it how the game makes you consider peaceful resolutions and being more wise about things.
Should be a part of any elementary school curriculum i think.

hiver

After finishing the mine i had some SP to burn so i tried to beef up lore and or lockpick to see what can be done about that.
I can beef up either to three and the other one to two.

The thing that is not clear to me is that regardless of lockpick skill (having it at three doesnt matter) i dont even get the option to try the chest - if i dont have 3 points in Lore? How come? Why is it dependent on Lore? Is it just because its supposed to be Loremaster quest? Or is it that i need higher lockpick to get the option separately from Lore requirement for the machine?

(btw i think its great that the player doesnt get to see the options if he doesnt have a skill close enough)

Also, ive noticed that enemies dont really go for targeted attacks. It seems they just alternate between fast and regular attacks. How come? (except some flurries by assassins)
That seems like a very big opportunity to increase the difficulty of some fights if there is ever a need for it, but just generally - they should attempt a few harder targeted attacks here and there.
- although it can be that im not noticing them -

-edit-

Elhoim
Just had a crash that looked a bit more serious. I got to Maadoran and relaoded a couple of times to see what are the options for that small sub quest where the mob attacks some preacher. Then i went to the arena, fought the first fight - won and then asked for the healer which made me fast travel to trading district. I didnt really want to do that, but instead reload back to that subquest before the Arena fight - but i stood a little, opened the Help and read through it.
When i closed it the game froze. Had to pull the task manager to get out. (win7 64)

The game minimized and there was a small usual popup window saying that AoD stopped working and i should close it by clicking on that small popup "close".
I tried to get to the game documents folder - thought to copy the console-log. The window opened but i couldnt move the mouse pointer inside it - until i clicked that "close AoD" win popup.

Then i saw there is another one just like it that was hidden under it and some other usual window or browser or something. And i saw in task manager AoD still running.
Couldnt copy console-log while i didnt close that one too.

Heres the console-log right after that
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4804sf

Hopefully the more detailed description of the whole process helps too.

And one cosmetic bug: First building on the left when you eneter Maadoran. I can walk through both doors, literally - although i can also open and close them.
LtdIjpr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Tiny, unimportant bug but killing the thief who steals from you at the kabob merchant and the guard doesn't raise your body count.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In Maadoran the thief quest to steal the jar, if you successfully stealth kill the first 2 guards, but fail on the 3rd one, the graphic for one of the dead guards is standing.

aeFrMzk.jpg

This isn't a bug, but I feel like I should have been able to try to lift the key off the guard without having to kill them all. My 6 lockpick + 8 dex wasn't enough to pick the lock :/

hiver

In ending slides for Teron i dont see a portrait of Coltan and Antidas.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In Maadoran ending, it shows as if you help Miltiades even if you walk away.

Last edited:

hiver

Godamnit do you know how many times i repeated that fight just so i can see where it would lead to? ghaaaahhh

At least put it in spoiler tags.-

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In Darius' Tomb, when you find the secret passage and end up in a fight with the raiders you can just click on the sarcophagus and be teleported away to Maadoran. I'm not complaining, because even with 3/4 in streetwise and disguise I still couldn't talk my way out of the situation, but it's definitely a bug that I can just put on the helmet and mithril armour and walk out of the cave right as the raiders are about to kill me for the millionth time.

EDIT: Also, now my character is permanently in a fight pose.

EDIT2: After getting somewhere I could press the fight button, I fixed the pose.

Last edited:

hiver

When i tried to read the books Feng has with my thief, he would "walk in" every time i stepped closer to the front room. Yet if i would do it quickly i would still get the benefits, even if i was quickly thrown out.
I would just go back through the roof and do it again.

Not that its a bug but it kinda looks a bit weird because im thrown out as im reading.

- or maybe... it is a bug. Ive seen some posts about it requiring 4 sneak? I had 3.

But i guess my dexterity is high :P

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After making friends with the demon in the tower, the game didn't give me the option of following him around like that annoying donkey in Shrek. I want to hang out with my four arm friend, not go back to the dumb aurelians in their run down city.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Played a bit more and found another batch of issues:

Daratan infiltration:
- The skill checks for retrieving the document in the display room (by far the most enjoyable goal of the whole adventure) are currently far too high. They made sense prior to the changes, but now there is no way for thieves, assassins or thievery-oriented loremasters to pass all the required checks, partially because initial skill points are now divided between combat and social. It takes 3 sneak, 3 lockpick, 4 traps and then crafting and lore checks (if memory serves, they are 4 and 3, respectively) which simply isn't possible to accumulate so early in the game, even if you pass the first guild quest, kill the thugs north of Cado's Tavern, kill Cassius for Feng, complete the Aomelas, pickpocket and kebab mini-quests and complete both parts of the Miltiades encounter.

I would suggest lowering lockpick on the windows on the roof to 2 (no point to have such a high requirement when the side gate already has 3), or, alternatively, to lower the check on Feng's roof hatch from 3 to 2 (would allow earlier access to the document to boost the skill). In addition, a traps check of 3 to detect the stepping plate, as well as a crafting check of 3 to open the display case, seem much more warranted given the new skill point situation.

Thief:
- If you give Cado the full loot from the opening thief mission, he admires the gems and then says "the rest is yours". However, the greedy bastard keeps the ring!

Assassin:
- If you force-attack Levir and kill him during the first Maadoran mission, he remains standing and the dialogue with Hamza/Levir starts over, as if combat just ended with the thugs. It really should be possible to kill that smug bastard.
- If you ask Gaelius to sever your ties to the Boatmen so that you can serve him directly as a Liegeman, the quests to report back to Darista after the assassinations remain active in the journal.

Feng:
- If you got the sphere from Gracius as a thief, you are not able to ask Feng about it.
- Similarly, if you get the power tube from the bandit leader but fail the lore check and thus keep it in your inventory, you cannot ask him to appraise it for you.
- After Cassius has been dealt with, Feng no longer charges for his business. Ideally, he should charge money to non-Loremasters for appraising items.

Aurelian Outpost:
- If you fix the smelter for the Aurelians you only get prestige, no skill points. Also, you cannot figure out the riddle of blue steel.

Grammar nazi:
- In the Grifter opening, Petras say "lord Meru" instead of "Lord Meru".
- During the epic death scene after destroying the first batch of Aurelians that try to take you to Lord Gaelius after you inquire about the map, the text reads "if they think that it's enough to keep you down, they have another think coming".
- When Lord Gaelius briefs you on the Darius' Tomb quest, the text reads: "After donning it, he'd swiftly risen to prominence and won every battle he fought", but it should read "After donning it, he swiftly rose to prominence and won every battle he fought".

Misc:
- During Miltiades' second quest, you only see the wall prior to enterring Lord Varus' home, as if the camera isn't fixed for that particular scene.
- The gold rings from the raider stash in Darius' Tomb do not merge with the ones from the noble lady in Teron.
- Cado, Linos and Neleos do not have full descriptions for characters wanting to join up, only for characters that have them introduced in their opening vignettes. The descriptions are very nice and do not state anything the player could not find out just by being in Teron, so if they could be made available for all characters that would be swell.
- If you trigger the bad Abyss ending, it really ought to have its own full ending slide, and the comments for characters and factions that are affected by it should be altered or omitted to reflect this.
- If you give the ring to the demon and then end up fighting him, the ring is still in your inventory during the fight.
- When Lord Senna attempts to sway you to sabotage the Ordu negotiations, there is no way to tell Lord Gaelius about it. The document ought to be proof enough, and this could earn the player some extra loyalty/reputation (and perhaps a nasty encounter on the way to the pass).
- After the scence when you report back to Lord Gaelius after returning from the Ordu, the player ends up too close to the throne and automatically triggers dialogue while attempting to leave. Fortunately, this does not loop.

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
Just noticed a small bug - I resolved the quest where the kid asks you to deliver the package to the slums peacefully and afterwards I noticed that he was back to standing in his original location. When I spoke with him, the game seemed to think I had taken the quest but not acted on it yet. When I went back to the bar in the slums, it was locked as it should have been.

hiver

Im still often getting the thing where if i fast travel or get teleported in a quest - i cant rotate the camera until i make at least one step with a character.

the camera starts stuck into the roof way too often - a lot, when you fast travel to thieves tavern. so you get to look directly at it from seemingly centimeter away and then i also cant rotate the camera sometimes until i move the character.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Most of the issues I've seen so far (other than the semi-frequent crashes) tend to be things with save/reloading. There's 2 that stick out to me.

1. If you quickload right after getting killed, but before the death screen shows up, sometimes after you've loaded your game and gotten back into a combat encounter, you immediately get the death screen which takes you back to the main menu and you have to load again. Not really a big deal, but in some of those really tough fights where I end up reloading a lot to figure out the right tactics it saves a little bit of time to just reload before hitting the death screen (plus sometimes I'm mad about almost winning and don't want to see the death screen +M)

2. Since the games crashes a lot, I tend to quicksave a lot because there's nothing I hate more than losing progress due to a crash. One time this caused a quest to bug out and become undoable. In Maadoran, I quicksaved, not knowing that I was doing it right as I walked into the encounter with the rabble trying to kill the preacher guy. I got killed by the rabble and had to reload, but when I did I could no longer do the quest, I guess because the event to start the quest had already launched and I couldn't get it to do it again. I imagine this might happen for other quests too, but then again it's a pretty specific and unlikely thing, so it's not really an important issue.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
The alchemist in the merchant's quarter will give me a sales pitch but I only have the option to "leave". Bug? Or what am I missing here?

serch

Magister
I ended a mercenary run yesterday. Probably you already know these minor bugs, but anyway:

-In the fight with the six thieves in the slums of Madoran is easy to hide in a nearby house to make the fight easier, problem is the door is not where visually appears to be, you have to pass through a wall.
-Some of the loot you get in the same fight is invisible in the inventory.
-That Ramirus that sells you the relics at the mountain pass will sell you that gauntlet once and again, will only answer you a question each time you speak with him.
-You don't get the promised iron ore from the quartermaster after a mission in Madoran
-After murdering a certain noble in Teron shouldn't the quest to show him the map disappear?
-Fixed camera issues after teleportation already reported
-That bug about non being able of throwing away or selling arrows you loot.

No bugs, but bugs me:

-In Teron, if you provoke the ruffians they will follow you while you get back to the barracks. It seems odd to me that they are ready to charge full force towards the Fort, also strange you don't get help form your legionnaire pals.
-Difficulty in Teron is much higher than in Madoran where everything is a breeze. It could be because I did it with a high int mercenary, and the extra skill points you get in the long term compensate your initial combat deficiencies. But if that is not the case some rebalancing may be needed.
-Feng sells you those objects that are probably rubbish. Shouldn't you be able to confirm your intuition with the Loremaster of Madoran?

Anyway, I had great fun wit this. Congrats guys.

Last edited:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Ah. So I'm only able to speak to him regarding obtaining poison? Problem with this is, I created my own poison and should have been able to use it on the wine but couldn't. Problem, yes?

Also: Why am I suddenly unequipped with my crossbow and magically have my dagger equipped in the Imperial Guard fight (for the Assassin's Guild)? Not only was I equipped with the crossbow when taking the mission, but I had a bolt armed. Then suddenly the fight starts and I'm equipped with neither? Explain.

EDIT: Goddammit, are you kidding me, Vault Dweller & Elhoim ? You can't stab somebody while they're laying on the ground? What? Come on, guys. Seriously.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Ah. So I'm only able to speak to him regarding obtaining poison? Problem with this is, I created my own poison and should have been able to use it on the wine but couldn't. Problem, yes?
Will be fixed.

Also: Why am I suddenly unequipped with my crossbow and magically have my dagger equipped in the Imperial Guard fight (for the Assassin's Guild)? Not only was I equipped with the crossbow when taking the mission, but I had a bolt armed. Then suddenly the fight starts and I'm equipped with neither? Explain.
Known issue, working on it.

EDIT: Goddammit, are you kidding me, Vault Dweller & Elhoim ? You can't stab somebody while they're laying on the ground? What? Come on, guys. Seriously.
You should be able to, of course. Please describe exactly what happened.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Will be fixed.

Cool. Good to know as I doubt I'd have spent any points in alchemy with this character otherwise (though I do enjoy the alchemy, regardless).

Known issue, working on it.

Ah, good. I thought this would have been going a bit too far to superficially make something challenging if it were on purpose.

You should be able to, of course. Please describe exactly what happened.

Commander was knocked down, I moved as close to him as possible and never received the bulls-eye icon.

P.S. There is a healthy amount of grammar/English/awkward writing stuff. I'd be more than willing to help if you don't have a proof-reader, as that sort of thing bugs me to no end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom