Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R4 demo bugs and problems report thread

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wish I could equip nets with the trident, and dori spears were used one handed by hoplites; how am I supposed to live my net & spear or hoplite fantasy? Can we get some Corinthian helms and large round-shields? A hasta and a Phrygian helm just doesn't cut it.

Also, something seems off about the combat, but maybe I just need to re-adjust. I'm guessing the request about spending money on recruiting meat-shields isn't going to happen, so until then... is it just me or are block and dodge the most valuable combat skills? If I have decent perception and stick points into Dodge, a lot of opponents can't touch me and I'm able to cut them up fairly easily with nets or bolos (only need one or two points in throwing to net with ease). Point is this - are nets supposed to be a vital tool? I feel like throwing is a crucial talent to succeed in the fights, given that we can't recruit meatshields and there is only limited alchemy.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I rarely use nets (almost never) and prefer to go with weapon skill + CS + special attacks.

hiver

Considering how useful nets and bolas can be i think its fair to spend atleast a point on throwing to improve that.
Does dexterity still count for nets? Or was that changed sometime back?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Selecting "kill them all" in the pass as an imperial guardsman doesn't cause the guardsmen to become hostile; instead, I just found myself wandering around the pass without anything to do other than buy the glove. When I tried to talk to Bass again, the only option was "leave", and after I bought the glove the only dialogue option for the salesman was "I don't have any money" (but I had already bought it?). Seeing as I couldn't do anything in the Pass (and I wasn't about to literally kill everyone), I went back to Pavola. Sadly, Pavola had no new dialogue options, so it seems that this plot-line is at an end (unless I jump ship to the Aurelians, if that is even an option at this point).

Vault Dweller

Developer
Selecting "kill them all" in the pass as an imperial guardsman doesn't cause the guardsmen to become hostile; instead, I just found myself wandering around the pass without anything to do other than buy the glove. When I tried to talk to Bass again, the only option was "leave", and after I bought the glove the only dialogue option for the salesman was "I don't have any money" (but I had already bought it?). Seeing as I couldn't do anything in the Pass (and I wasn't about to literally kill everyone), I went back to Pavola. Sadly, Pavola had no new dialogue options, so it seems that this plot-line is at an end (unless I jump ship to the Aurelians, if that is even an option at this point).
'Kill them all' is bugged, but it's a flavor option for those who want to end the questline. If you agree to travel to the Ordu camp (i.e. do the questline), you'll be able to continue and do what Pavola asked you.

PS. Here is the list of places you can visit in the demo (other than Teron, the mine, and the raiders camp):

- The city of Maadoran
- The Abyss
- Darius' tomb
- Red Gracchus' camp
- The mountain pass
- The Ordu camp
- The tower of Zamedi
- Carbo's camp (only if he manages to get to the pass first)

Things to do/people to talk to in Maadoran (other than the faction questlines):

- Kemnebi (quest 'Down on luck')
- Basil and Quintus (questline 'Problem solving')
- Abukar the Mad (loremaster, quest requires a location that's not in the demo)
- Healer (quest requires a location that's not in the demo)
- Erebus (Gaelius' loremaster; praetors only)
- Iola (the healing machine)
- Youth (quest 'The package')
- Miltiades (continues quest 'Fool me twice...')
- Amerius (quest 'The rightful owner')
- Praetor investigating Senna's murder (should you kill lord Senna in the first place)
- Domitius (continues quest 'The map')
- The crowd near one of the houses in the Arena district
- A man selling fake badges
- The local guide
- An old man near the Abyss
- various encounters in the Slums
- the arena

Last edited:

hiver

Playing with thief, i dont get any skill points when i manage to bribe the guards at the Theron gate. There should be at least a few SP reward for that.

hiver

Yeah, well... it still would be nice to get a few when you pass the checks during that dialogue, i think. A minor thing, more in lieu of what some other poster mentioned about getting a bit more points for non lethal - diplomatic solutions.
- maybe such situations could be used to provide 2 or 3 sp from time to time.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Big spoiler

After you blow up Maadoran by awakening Galash, the end scene still notes that people are talking about the good deed you did in Maadoran for the man whose home was taken from him. I don't know if it's a bug, I mean I guess people could still be talking about it, but... it is kind of amusing and completely out of place at that moment. Presumably the man and his house were incinerated, and practically everyone in Maadoran is dead.

Also, in the full version of the game will it be possible to freely return to Teron? There were plenty of times when I wanted to leave Maadoran and go back to Teron, if only to tidy up a few quests, or complain about someone in Maadoran being mean and try to influence events by involving Teron characters (or getting new quests from Teron that could take me to a different location).

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Okay, further issues while playing a little bit this evening; I'm editing it as I go:

1. After clearing out the abyss, I ran to Abukar. I recall he wanted to measure the abyss with his device or something (he would only give the device to me if I found something of equal value; what is that?), so I figured I'd have some interesting dialogue with him. Nope, nada, I couldn't tell him what I did at all.

2. I went to the Palace, and the centurion wouldn't let me in. There's no option to say, "hi, remember that massive, dangerous hole in your city? I fixed it, may I please speak to the Aurelians".

I'm still checking out the other characters, but so far only the old man has acknowledged me... if I fix the abyss, then every man and his dog should be saying something about it. It would be a huge deal; they don't have to believe that I was the hero, but they ought to acknowledge the change somehow.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Big spoiler
Will be fixed.

Also, in the full version of the game will it be possible to freely return to Teron? There were plenty of times when I wanted to leave Maadoran and go back to Teron, if only to tidy up a few quests, or complain about someone in Maadoran being mean and try to influence events by involving Teron characters (or getting new quests from Teron that could take me to a different location).
Yes. The old quests will be autoresolved (i.e. nobody's going to wait for you for a few months), but some events will require returning to Teron and some outcomes (like forging an alliance between the Guards and House Daratan) will open new possibilities.

After clearing out the abyss, I ran to Abukar. I recall he wanted to measure the abyss with his device or something (he would only give the device to me if I found something of equal value; what is that?), so I figured I'd have some interesting dialogue with him. Nope, nada, I couldn't tell him what I did at all.
Wanted to. Not anymore.

I went to the Palace, and the centurion wouldn't let me in. There's no option to say, "hi, remember that massive, dangerous hole in your city? I fixed it, may I please speak to the Aurelians".
What answer would you expect to that?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
After clearing out the abyss, I ran to Abukar. I recall he wanted to measure the abyss with his device or something (he would only give the device to me if I found something of equal value; what is that?), so I figured I'd have some interesting dialogue with him. Nope, nada, I couldn't tell him what I did at all.
Wanted to. Not anymore.

I went to the Palace, and the centurion wouldn't let me in. There's no option to say, "hi, remember that massive, dangerous hole in your city? I fixed it, may I please speak to the Aurelians".
What answer would you expect to that?

From Abukar? I would expect to be able to let him know the abyss has been cleared up, and perhaps discuss his device and his plans to measure the magic. He seemed pretty interested in measuring the Abyss in a precise manner, and he told me about his device and I wanted to get it from him. I feel like I don't get to finish that discussion with him; if his plans and his device (which I can presumably ask for again once I find a valuable artifact) mean anything, then the absence of the abyss is something to tell him (perhaps it will let me get the device or help him find a new idea of where and how to measure the magic).

From the Centurion? I would expect him to let me in, or at least refuse me after saying some other loremasters are on the case. He lets me in when I just say "hey, I have important news for Gaius" for all the other quests. If an entire district of the city has just been cleared up instantly, and I found such an important thing at the bottom that the Aurelians are obsessed with (they want to lock up the old world technology), then this is some of the most important news I have ever had for Gaius.

It doesn't make sense for the whole thing to be a non-issue for the Aurelians, because Aurelians are the faction that wants to put an end to the magic/technology and they should be freaking out about the abyss suddenly being open. I mean, Gaius is the guy who makes me go to a cave on the notion that maybe there's a helmet there that someone might one day find; yet when the abyss is cleared and this ancient site is free to enter, and there's a important spoiler location at the bottom with an important spoiler inside, he's just cool with this super secret place in his own city being accessible to everyone to grab old technolo that? it just seems like another unfinished moment, like the game is in development and that bit of dialogue will be added.

The other characters? I mean, they should probably acknowledge in general conversation what happened, like the city has a new district now. If they don't, it's not the end of the world, but I hope any reference to the abyss in general conversation is tidied up to reflect the change. Also, from a character perspective, getting recognized as the man who cleaned the abyss seems like a big deal; if you can successfully get recognized by important people (like Gaius) for doing that, then you should be famous and respected. I would expect Gaius or the House Crassus or Antidas to think I'm the greatest loremaster alive and give me some special tasks or rewards. It's like the greatest loremaster achievement in centuries.

EDIT: You know, there's an easier way of explaining my point. What would you do after you discovered what's in the abyss and resolved it? What do you think the people of Maadoran would do in the immediate aftermath, and then a little while down the road in the near future? Do you feel that the Abyss is a significant part of the city or that the people of Maadoran give it much thought?

Right now, I don't feel like anyone cares that the Abyss was cleaned up, and I don't feel like I am able to try to claim credit for this achievement. I can't even mention it to people that I've spoken to about the Abyss, or about old world technology/magic in general. You'd think I'd want to mention it to every loremaster I meet, because I'm already asking them questions about the various gods and the war. Now I have an answer to give them for a change.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Developer
From Abukar? I would expect to be able to let him know the abyss has been cleared up, and perhaps discuss his device and his plans to measure the magic. He seemed pretty interested in measuring the Abyss in a precise manner, and had his device that he wouldn't give me.
He was. Not anymore. The device is up for trade, and yes, it can be used elsewhere, but you need to find something he will accept first (related to his current obsession, the location is not in the demo).

From the Centurion? I would expect him to let me in, or at least refuse me. He lets me in when I just say "hey, I have important news for Gaius" for all the other quests. If an entire district of the city has just been cleared up instantly, and I found such an important thing at the bottom that the Aurelians are obsessed with (they want to lock up the old world technology), then this is some of the most important news I have ever had for Gaius. It doesn't make sense for the whole thing to be a non-issue for the Aurelians, because Aurelians are the faction that wants to put an end to the magic/technology and they should be freaking out about the abyss.
Here is how I see it. First, it's a big claim for which you have no proof. Second, it's over, the magic's gone, what else is there to talk about? In the real world, people would be curious, of course, but in a game, it will be just explaining what you saw/did, which isn't very eventful. We can skip it with "tell them what happened", but then what? Cool story, bro? Third, that's what the conversation with the old man shows - for the locals it wasn't a dangerous area, it was a way to make a living and now you took it away from them.

Anyway, maybe it's worth showing a few more times in other dialogues.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Here is how I see it. First, it's a big claim for which you have no proof. Second, it's over, the magic's gone, what else is there to talk about? In the real world, people would be curious, of course, but in a game, it will be just explaining what you saw/did, which isn't very eventful. We can skip it with "tell them what happened", but then what? Cool story, bro? Third, that's what the conversation with the old man shows - for the locals it wasn't a dangerous area, it was a way to make a living and now you took it away from them.

Anyway, maybe it's worth showing a few more times in other dialogues.

It is a big claim for which there is little proof, but what little proof there is could be brought out in conversation with loremasters by describing your observations and what you did with the machines there. You're right in a sense, there's not much point in telling the commoners about your mission in the abyss beyond "cool story, bro", but in talking with loremasters and faction heads I just feel like it is a crucial bit of information (loremasters and storytellers are always going on about the gods, all the faction heads are obsessed with the gods in their own way). Aurelians would definitely be scrambling, even if the centurion isn't; most of what Gaius has you do involves going to these ancient, unexplored sites; now he has one of those sites right next to his palace and free for anyone to go in! Who is going to recover the stuff in there? Gaius should be losing his shit about securing that place and locking it down, because that's what he did with the temple and the possibility of maybe a helmet being in a cave somewhere ages away in the desert.

If you want quest suggestions, rather than just dialogue/cool story bro? then here are some suggestions:

Have Gaius ask you what you found, then ask you to go lead a team down there to lock the place up and recover the artifacts (like the scrolls in the wall, the vat, the machines, body, etc). You could have your team get into a fight with some of the plebs who live around the abyss; remember the old man wants to run down there and carry away a certain something.

Have House Crassus try to recover something precious; I don't know much about House Crassus because I only have the demo, but I presume they would revere the gods and want to recover a certain someone from the abyss and give him/her a proper burial or try to recover the technology and resurrect/recreate him.

Have Antidas ask you to bring him scrolls or something, I guess, or describe it to you; perhaps a clue could be in there about the temple of Thor Agoth or it could tie into some other plot point that Antidas is obsessing about. Perhaps it is proof that the gods are real and Thor Agoth is real? It is the first real evidence of this in centuries, Antidas would be blown away and want you to research it more with Cassius or something.

Anyway, I was a bit too eager to tell everyone about the abyss, and it's only really relevant/crucial for a few characters. I imagine it would be difficult and take some thinking to make good loremaster dialogue about your discoveries; I imagine it was difficult enough making a conclusion that actually lived up to the mystery of the abyss.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
New Extended Demo version uploaded R4.2

Download from BMT, uninstall the previous version, and install the new version. Changelog:

Fixes:

- Fixed crash when reloading the game several times.
- Neros dialogue no longer loops when you save him.
- When you "teach him a lessson", the guards appear and he properly fights. After that, you can go to Calvus home and finish the quest.
- Crucifixion and exile options after killing Calvus properly work.
- Aziz is with you as you reach Maadoran (and Lucius if alive). You can later find them in the thieves guild temple.
- Fixed streetwise/disguise check with Valla, checks for proper values now.
- Fixed issue with Antidas check Streetwise + Persuasion check in MG2.
- Fixed loop in Ramirus dialogue.
- The stone guard now correctly uses AoO.
- Fixed loop with Feng and question about Hadad, plus some paths were missing the question.
- Fixed issues with incorrect endings appearing when Gaelius was killed.
- Serenas appears in the correct place inside the palace once he's crowned.
- Fixed loop with Iola at the healing machine.
- Fixed issue with AG ending slide for Maadoran.
- When swearing allegiance to House Aurelian, if your reputation was less than 0, it is set to 0.
- Fixed loop with Rusty.
- Fixed issue with Hermon dialogue looping if you went to fight Mehrab with some of his men.
- Darista now properly gives you half and half of the contract of killing Lorenza.
- Killing the guards in TG4 gives proper SP.
- Killing the thieves harassing Miltiades in Maadoran gives proper SP.
- Fixed crafting skill level description when talking about which metals you can use.
- The guide shouts his speech as you are near him.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Are you guys planning a more user friendly update system at launch? Been playing Battle worlds Kronos lately and the updates are automatically applied before entering the launcher with a self update feature. Elhoim Vault Dweller

Vault Dweller

Developer
... I just feel like it is a crucial bit of information (loremasters and storytellers are always going on about the gods, all the faction heads are obsessed with the gods in their own way).
They are, but what you found isn't what they want to hear or accept. Those who want to believe that there are omnipotent gods able to save them won't accept that that a man-made creature in a tank is one of the gods of legends. Those who want power won't be satisfied with your story either.

Ending the 'magic' of the Abyss was your one truly heroic deed and we ignored it on purpose, although we can certainly provide more 'nobody cares' reactions.

Have Gaius ask you what you found, then ask you to go lead a team down there to lock the place up and recover the artifacts (like the scrolls in the wall, the vat, the machines, body, etc). You could have your team get into a fight with some of the plebs who live around the abyss; remember the old man wants to run down there and carry away a certain something.

Have House Crassus try to recover something precious; I don't know much about House Crassus because I only have the demo, but I presume they would revere the gods and want to recover a certain someone from the abyss and give him/her a proper burial or try to recover the technology and resurrect/recreate him.

Have Antidas ask you to bring him scrolls or something, I guess, or describe it to you; perhaps a clue could be in there about the temple of Thor Agoth or it could tie into some other plot point that Antidas is obsessing about. Perhaps it is proof that the gods are real and Thor Agoth is real? It is the first real evidence of this in centuries, Antidas would be blown away and want you to research it more with Cassius or something.
Your team of Aurelian legionaries should have no problem mowing down some plebs, there isn't anything of value to House Crassus there (some old life support machines), delivering some scrolls to Antidas is hardly exciting.

Anyway, I was a bit too eager to tell everyone about the abyss, and it's only really relevant/crucial for a few characters. I imagine it would be difficult and take some thinking to make good loremaster dialogue about your discoveries; I imagine it was difficult enough making a conclusion that actually lived up to the mystery of the abyss.
When you visit Maadoran after returning from Ganezzar, you'll see that the Aurelian guards have secured the Abyss, that the body of the 'god' is shown for money, and hear exaggerated stories from different people claiming that they were there and such.

I see your point though and will add more dialogues.

hiver

Precher - no SP even if i managed to make him doubt his faith - after several skill checks. At least i didnt see any so far for a few options that require more skill checks, that should give a few SP.

Talking to Dellar about bandits camp i can persuade him to pay or to try and strike the deal about attacking Aurelians - with an option to talk to Cado about it - i should be able to talk to Cado about it without saying that to Dellar - but i cant.
If i dont say that line to Dellar (after persuading him to pay bandits to attack the outpost), but just go see Cado there is no such dialogue option.

Thief gold shipment ambush - too close to the enemy, for a ranger - position way in front of everyone else as if im stupid - although we are the ones ambushing the enemies. A square or two back would be enough. First turn gets me 3 enemies around me and 3 attacks of opportunity to dodge before i can move. Or three full attacks on the next turn if i dont. Thats too much.
Being positioned just one square back would allow me to choose what to do - and after all it is my bloody ambush. (maybe make a mechanic where characters with low Int make mistakes like this and therefore get the worse starting positions in fights because they are stupid?)

Theif "get the ring" sub quest is too restricted. Only one chance and then the merchant disappears. (he also says something about some...money i should bring? and then disappears).
There should be options to pickpocket, to lure into a trap-ambush like Cassius, or to follow the merchant to his house and sneak-climb-break in - during nightime - which would be a nice use for one of the empty houses around. (if you end up killing the NPC - the family or Merchants pay the assassins to take you out - a single assassin attack as a consequence)
Plus an option of hiring one of the colleagues from the guild (for a few hundred gold) or an assassin to do the deed.

Thief "get the goblet from Belios(?) home. - that setup should be used more. Or be available sooner from Cado - instead of waiting for that specific quest sub-direction.
Alternatively - the game should allow you to try again - if you sneaked through and didnt alert anyone but failed to lockpick.

Generally, hiring assassins for specific sub quests, would be a good way to provide an ingame money sink for the whole game.

While playing as an assassin could use these sub quest to fill up the gameplay of that background, as small selfcontained "missions" that could be "easily" added.
Same goes for other Backgrounds. At least some. Certainly, hiring thief's and assassins to do some smaller limited stuff should be possible - especially for diplomatic backgrounds or characters with high diplomacy skills.
While merchant could try also to employ and use the IG.. and so on.

- On that note why cant I as a thief or assassin hire Feng to forge what i need - especially because i can do that in one single instance already? Or pay a high level IG or a Gladiator to teach us some fighting skills? 5 - 10 SP - only once per game? Reasonably expensive of course.
Or high level members of our own guilds? There is already something like it.... though its not clear what do i get exactly, thc upgrade or... what? (the game should present that more clearly to the player - although maybe i just didnt notice it in combat log or CS.)
How about an NPC "teaching" us to perform a single targeted attack for one AP less? Or with higher crit chance just for that specific attack?

One of the most engaging and somewhat original features of the game are the moments where different backgrounds the player can play with overlap and or crisscross each other. Just like the starting quest in the inn.
The game should provide as much of that as possible throughout the gameplay.
But instead of creating quests that are complicatedly integrated, these should be simple small missions that a player can try and just win or loose.

All this would achieve two bigger things. First it would expand the gameplay and therefore the sense of involvement with the world for the players - secondly it would diminish some of the very restrictive skill checks in a few specific places that do seem a bit too hard for no good reason.
All done in a way that would be relatively easy to implement - being basically just "fights" in a small or moderately big spaces which can use the existing game assets - without necessitating any further changes to the skills and SP mechanics.

As the game plays now, the sense of necessity of meta gaming is still a bit too strong. Not just because some skill check stops you - without anything giving you any warning or even a lore-setting discrete description, about what might be required in advance - but because sometimes you dont have any other options that should be theoretically available - unless you go even further back and redistribute some SP differently - which tends to block other options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
When you visit Maadoran after returning from Ganezzar, you'll see that the Aurelian guards have secured the Abyss, that the body of the 'god' is shown for money, and hear exaggerated stories from different people claiming that they were there and such.

I see your point though and will add more dialogues.

It's great to hear that when you return to Maadoran, the Abyss is secured by the Aurelians. That is exactly what I would have expected from them. I have only played the demos, so I wasn't aware of this and had the impression that the Aurelians literally didn't do anything about the Abyss. Thanks for listening to us, and congratulations on Steam and the great progress you've made on AoD. I've been playing on and off since the arena demo, and you've come along way and had a lot of successes.

Last edited:

hiver

Oh yeah, those hats you can buy at traders of clothes? The Ordu silk helmet, the turbans and loremasters "hats"?
A female character cannot equip most of them, while the male character can equip some she cant and cannot equip others.

Not that it matters a lot in the game but just thought you should know.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Finished the demo again, first as a loyal Daratan Praetor and then as a disloyal assassin who joined the Imperial Guards. Great fun as always, truly excellent work so far! The Praetor quest-line was particularly enjoyable, I even felt a tiny little pang of guilt when Maadoran was brought down.

Overall, the game is so much better now than during R3, I almost can't believe how much work you guys have put in. The combat changes are great and I like the new skill system, so hat's off and all that. Also, nice touch with Coltan's poison being more potent than that from the Commercium alchemist (only noticed that just now!), definitely made the fight more manageable with some of the meatshields out of the picture.

As for bugs and such, here is yet another batch of some minor and not-so-minor issues that require fixan:

Crash-related:

- While the loading crash bug is gone, the game will occasionally crash when you enter the map or the main menu
- After crashing, the application will sometimes keep running in the background, chewing up memory (similar to the R3 demo)

Maadoran:

- When you enter the city after going the AG > IG route and killing Antidas, the guide at the gate cannot be talked to until after you have visited the fort - ideally, he should be able to point you in Pavola's direction
- When you are brough to Lord Gaelius after inquiring about the map, he still talks to you as if Antidas is alive even if you killed him, and he doesn't react to either the regicide or mine incident
- The adorable psychopath in the slums who takes you for a guided tour doesn't have the 100 coins you paid him in his inventory if you kill him
- I might have missed it, but I am quite certain that the Boatmen never try to punish you for betraying the guild (attack when you visit them, but that is it). Some ambushes would be nice and would do the warning of shortened life expectancy justice
- Grammar nazi: After the drinkan and eatan for some days during the prottekshun quest, the text incorrectly says "one of the man" instead of "one of the men" when the pimp starts complaining
- The front door in the noble home during the Miltiades quest is blocked by an invisible barrier even when opened, so you have to exit through the back

Praetor-related issues:

- During the Aurelian Interception mission, the text says that the Aurelian Praetor grabs his spear (if you take the abrasive route), but he is actually a sword/shield dude
- After interrogating Sohrab, there is no way to tell Dellar that the ore smelter can create mithril steel - seems pretty important though
- When you approach the compound, its description says "Unfortunately," about the towers, which doesn't make much sense, since you are not looking to infiltrate it
- While asking Cado for help, he repeats the line about tradition twice, it should probably be changed as it breaks mah immershun™
- The Imperial Guards "cease and desist" writ from Cado stays in inventory after the resolution to Teron's events, and the quest to talk to Cado about it stays in the quest log
- When Gaelius holds you prisoner caters to you as his esteemed guest, you only see some stones in the window, not the characters that talk to you (steward, for example)

Mountain pass issues:

- Moar grammar nazi: "Mean time" should be meantime in Bass' dialogue, appears both in the question and his response
- When tasked to go to the Ordu camp, the "leave" option is very confusing. I thought it meant to leave the pass. Perhaps it should be renamed to "explore the camp first" or something like that
- The dialogue with the fellow who sells the metal glove keeps looping when you talk to him again, so you can actually buy several of them, provided that you have the cash

Unremovable ammo:

- Crossbow kid from the Arena also has bolts that cannot be sold/dropped, and the steel bolts given to you in AG2 have this issue as well (I did however figure out that one simply has to transfer them to dead bodies while lootan to restore clean and pretty order in the inventory)

Super-important bug detected:

For non-Praetor characters, the colour of Lord Antidas' hair changes from the appropriate light-grey to brown during certain cutscenes (Daratan infiltration and so forth). Obvious game-breaker!

Balancing suggestions:

- During IG3, it would help a lot to move the PC back 1 tile. As it is, mid-dexterity characters get targeted by Antidas, jumped by 2 spear-dudes and aggroed by Dellar, all before even being able to move
- In the Flavius fight during the Daratan infiltration, you automatically end up right next to him without weapons. A one-tile space between the fighters would help low-dex and ranged fighters tremendously
- Since CS-kills no longer elevate the actual skill, I would suggest lowering the CS requirement for the guard after Flavius from 5 to 4 to make it more viable
- If you return from the bandit camp to Dellar with the ransom offer but end up agreeing to go back and kill them, you have to use force-attack to aggro them which ends up hurting you plenty. A CS option associated with the PC pretending to give the ransom would be great

Miscellaneous suggestions:

- It is very difficult to spot the blacksmith in Maadoran. A large sign on the building, a quick-link through the map and some directions from the guide would all help to make it more accessible
- Aemolas' family puts up quite a fight (especially the male refugee!), but there is no way to drag off his remaining female relative and sell her to the innkeeper. Please fixan this obviously important issue for maximum political incorrectness!
- The fellow Antidas wants you to talk to regarding the map is pretty elusive. Perhaps the sleazy pimp or the bar-owner could point you in the right direction?
- If you join the Imperial Guards during AG2, you never get one of those pretty IG cloaks, nor do you get access to such stylish items as IG shields. I had to make do with a plain red cloak which just didn't cut it *Dawsoncrying.gif*
- When you are evicted from Maadoran as a Praetor and possess the key to the Tower of Zamedi, it would be swell to get the option to go there immediately (unless, of course, the plot actually requires you to go to Ganezzar first)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom