Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R4 demo bugs and problems report thread

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Is it normal to get constant CTDs in this game? My playthroughs become useless after a while since the game crashes (mostly when checking journal). Is it caused by corrupted saved games? is there a fix for this?
No. I thought it's been fixed by now. Which version are you playing?

To pass the area controlled by this guys your only options are killing them or paying an absurd amount of gold? (I need to interact with them to get to Neros and complete the package quest, right?)
Yes. We'll add another way, hopefully in the next update.

Is it normal to get constant CTDs in this game? My playthroughs become useless after a while since the game crashes (mostly when checking journal). Is it caused by corrupted saved games? is there a fix for this?
No. I thought it's been fixed by now. Which version are you playing?

To pass the area controlled by this guys your only options are killing them or paying an absurd amount of gold? (I need to interact with them to get to Neros and complete the package quest, right?)
Yes. We'll add another way, hopefully in the next update.

I just bought it from steam, so it's the latest version?

Build Version: 0.8.8.0250

Vault Dweller

Developer

Can you submit a report (that auto crash reporting thing) when it crashes again when you open the journal? Make sure that you label it clearly (like EntitledOneCrash) so that we know which one is yours. Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

Can you submit a report (that auto crash reporting thing) when it crashes again when you open the journal? Make sure that you label it clearly (like EntitledOneCrash) so that we know which one is yours. Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

I submited a report, hope you can find out what's wrong.

Cromwell

Arcane
Since switching my gfx card I get a grey screen and an error when I want to start the game. Anybody has an idea?

--------- Parsing Arguments ---------
Importing client prefs...
Importing client prefs done.
Added font resource "core/fonts/source/CharlemagneStd-Bold.otf".
Added font resource "core/fonts/source/KAMN.TTF".
Added font resource "core/fonts/source/MyriadPro-Regular.otf".
Binding server port to default IP
UDP initialized on port 0
Attempting to create GFX device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (D3D9)
Device created, setting adapter and enumerating modes
Win32Window::setVideoMode - invoking curtain
Failed to create hardware device, trying mixed device
Failed to create mixed mode device, trying software device
Failed to create software device, giving up

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay, new bug:

I went to intercept Sorab, and failed my skill checks and engaged the soldiers. I thoroughly annihilated them using alchemy (bomb, then acid on the leader, then fire; I'm using an alchemist Praetor).

When I threw the acid, the game popped up an error message about the trajectory. I just kept hitting retry and after a while the game proceeded as normal.

Also, I looted the body of the commander after the battle to get the amazing armour (DR9), and it was in pristine condition. I don't know if it's possible, but should the game reflect that I had thrown acid on him and reduced the DR of the armour? If it's not feasible in the engine, then I understand, but it seemed a little cheap to ruin his DR and then get a brand new suit of armour afterwards.

Also, I like the lightened suit on the other guy, max AP of 12 on a fairly hefty suit of armour. Winning this battle (which is quite difficult for an early praetor, to be fair) nets you a great suit of armour regardless of whether you're a blocker or a dodger.

EDIT: Here is the bug message:

..\..\..\..\..\Engine\source\ITS_common\gameIO.cpp(100) : Fatal

Projectile Trace: (client) failed to build even linear trajectory.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New bug:

Convince Esbenus to attack the Outpost. Go to the Outpost. Esbenus will ask for his money; refuse him.

If Esbenus defeats you, the death scene says that you were used for target practice and killed by Aurelian Legionaries.

EDIT: Any plans to make a weapon that uses Constitution as its base stat? Dodgers have weapons with the same base stat as their defense stat, but blockers don't. The THC penalty is too severe in my opinion, as well; I don't use any shield other than the buckler.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Also, some of the prices are really off. I understand that making the sell prices of items really low will make the player really value the rewards you get from quests, but it is still a tad odd that my mithril ninja sword that I bought for 1000 gold is worth... $9?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Okay, new bug:

I went to intercept Sorab, and failed my skill checks and engaged the soldiers. I thoroughly annihilated them using alchemy (bomb, then acid on the leader, then fire; I'm using an alchemist Praetor).

When I threw the acid, the game popped up an error message about the trajectory. I just kept hitting retry and after a while the game proceeded as normal.

Also, I looted the body of the commander after the battle to get the amazing armour (DR9), and it was in pristine condition. I don't know if it's possible, but should the game reflect that I had thrown acid on him and reduced the DR of the armour? If it's not feasible in the engine, then I understand, but it seemed a little cheap to ruin his DR and then get a brand new suit of armour afterwards.

Also, I like the lightened suit on the other guy, max AP of 12 on a fairly hefty suit of armour. Winning this battle (which is quite difficult for an early praetor, to be fair) nets you a great suit of armour regardless of whether you're a blocker or a dodger.

EDIT: Here is the bug message:

..\..\..\..\..\Engine\source\ITS_common\gameIO.cpp(100) : Fatal

Projectile Trace: (client) failed to build even linear trajectory.
The armor should have been replaced with a lump of corroded metal. It's a bug.

Also, some of the prices are really off. I understand that making the sell prices of items really low will make the player really value the rewards you get from quests, but it is still a tad odd that my mithril ninja sword that I bought for 1000 gold is worth... $9?
Database issue. It displays the base price without adjusting for metal. Will be fixed.

New bug:

Convince Esbenus to attack the Outpost. Go to the Outpost. Esbenus will ask for his money; refuse him.

If Esbenus defeats you, the death scene says that you were used for target practice and killed by Aurelian Legionaries.
Thanks a lot! Good catch.

EDIT: Any plans to make a weapon that uses Constitution as its base stat? Dodgers have weapons with the same base stat as their defense stat, but blockers don't. The THC penalty is too severe in my opinion, as well; I don't use any shield other than the buckler.
No plans yet. I usually play blockers and I slowly progress from buckler to larger shields, when my skill is high enough to make the penalty manageable. I agree that switching to CON weakened blockers a bit but they were unstoppable before.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
The armor should have been replaced with a lump of corroded metal. It's a bug.

I just saw it happen, I think I know what the issue is. If you miss, or hit and destroy their shield, with the potion then it won't affect their armour. I must have missed and not observed it because of the bug making me change windows, or maybe I destroyed his shield (I don't recall which). I just hit a person with a potion now, and after a few turns his armour disappeared.

I think this discovery is also the cheapest combat strategy ever. If I'm in a 1 on 1 fight, I just throw an acid vial to destroy their shield. They will have low dodge ability, or at least heavy armour that impairs their dodge, so then I just use poison on them and just hammer them without fear of missing.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Yes, if it hits the shield, it doesn't affect the armor. Otherwise, the armor starts losing DR points each turn (depends on the strength of the acid), when DR hits 0, the armor is gone.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Yes, if it hits the shield, it doesn't affect the armor. Otherwise, the armor starts losing DR points each turn (depends on the strength of the acid), when DR hits 0, the armor is gone.

Yep, that's what I observed happen when I actually hit a person. I thought I hit the other people, but I must have missed/hit their shield.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
I defeated the Monastery with the Bandits, and then faced them in the final room. One of Danaes' bowmen has an Ordu Studded Helmet and Ordu Studded Armour, but there's no graphical icon for it in the inventory screen.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Inside the Monastery there's clearly a bunch of plants and other alchemical ingredients, but I can't pick any of them up. Also, the giant thousand pound door doesn't open for me, despite the fact that I'm the hero of the game.

Anyway, the game says that the place has been looted by the raiders, but in fact I killed all the raiders when they wouldn't give me a cut, and the only thing they were carrying was one little bottle of chemical stuff.

aaaaaaaaaaand I am now a lich. This adds a whole new approach to combat.

EDIT: Lich-mode has a bug; when combat ends you don't auto-heal. There is no regeneration outside of turn-based combat, so you're kind of forced to go to the healer or use ointment.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Is there a stat requirement to spot the door in Darius' tomb? It seems that half the time the little cut-scene never starts, I just walk back and forth past the wall and then give up after a while because my character just doesn't seem to notice it. I would assume there's a perception check for the door, maybe 7 perception, but then again when you see the door there's already a perception check to find the button.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
The trader in the slums sells 7 dmg per second poison for barely more than the leaves themselves. For a character to make that, you'd need level 6 alchemy; it seems a little overpowered to just buy it for 30 gold. Maybe change it to the 5dmg type, and bump the price up to 50?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Inside the Monastery there's clearly a bunch of plants and other alchemical ingredients, but I can't pick any of them up. Also, the giant thousand pound door doesn't open for me, despite the fact that I'm the hero of the game.
You can't open it. The only way in is via a portal but you need to know where you're teleporting to.

Anyway, the game says that the place has been looted by the raiders, but in fact I killed all the raiders when they wouldn't give me a cut, and the only thing they were carrying was one little bottle of chemical stuff.
Will be fixed, thanks.

Is there a stat requirement to spot the door in Darius' tomb? It seems that half the time the little cut-scene never starts, I just walk back and forth past the wall and then give up after a while because my character just doesn't seem to notice it. I would assume there's a perception check for the door, maybe 7 perception, but then again when you see the door there's already a perception check to find the button.
There is a perception check, of course. Possibly, perception to spot and/or intelligence to figure out that there should be a door there (don't recall).

There is another, harder check for the switch (as noticing a door and finding a switch that opens it are two different things), but that's one out of 5 ways to open it.

The trader in the slums sells 7 dmg per second poison for barely more than the leaves themselves. For a character to make that, you'd need level 6 alchemy; it seems a little overpowered to just buy it for 30 gold. Maybe change it to the 5dmg type, and bump the price up to 50?
Good point, thanks.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Does giving Aemolas his gold give you +1 to word of honour? The dialogue window doesn't say "*Word of Honour Increased*" like usual, but Aemolas literally says "you are a man of your word".

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
I believe completing Aemolas' quest after going to Maadoran creates several bugs. Maadoran gets reset in some sense; in the slums, Hermon and his men are respawned and if you talk to him it plays the whole scene again where he asks for 1000 gold. If you don't click on him he doesn't do anything, though. Mehrab is the same way.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
[QUOTE="Agesilaus]Hermon and his men are respawned and if you talk to him it plays the whole scene again where he asks for 1000 gold.[/QUOTE]
Had this bug too.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Also, there should be some way past Hermon other than just paying a grand (a large sum given the current economy, and unthinkable for some random guy in the slums), or entering a difficult fight. It cuts poor people off from several traders unless they`re amazing warriors, or in the guild. Same goes for mehrab, although at least he isnt so insanely expensive. Mehrab still isnt cheap, though.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I've built my first PC in July and can finally enjoy AoD in its full glory. Here are my observations/suggestions about R4:

IMO there should also be an option to double-cross Daneus and warn villagers if one would have a high perception/intelligence (similar to informing Dellar about Esbenus' squad, their weaponry, etc.). At the moment AFAIK there is only the option to either kill the raiders or join them.
When we enter the Abyss we face The Slums instead of the Abyss. Pointless.
IG fight with Antidas is WAY too easy now. Thge player isn't even necessary to win this fight, the rest of IG do all the work. The same goes for Kemnebi fight. Both of tese fights should be much more challenging IMO. Outpost fight has also become much, much easier in this release (even the tower is gone and it's easier to deal with a crossbow man).
There is no demon core after defeating the Guardian now which probably prevents some builds from reaching Zamedi tower and breaching the forcefield.

Some bugs:
1) When I decide to double-cross Levir and warn Gaelius I can work for both of them and in the end decide to meet with Cyrus and kill Gaelius (if I wouldn't bring the Ordu and explore Zamedi I wouldn't have enough SP to kill him but that's beyond the point). IMO Levir should be dead the moment I report it to the most powerful man (AFAIK) in Maadoran.
2) After using the option "[dexterity]Run!" in Zamedi tower, which allowed me escape from Zamedi tower the ending screen informs me that The Guardian/Oscar demon is "roaming free in the countryside". The thing is I didn't give him the ring or the crimson eye so I have no idea how he could escape.
2.1) When I get back to Zamedi tower after escaping from the Guardian using the option above he just stands there and does nothing unless I talk to him (I can run upstairs or use this opportunity to attack him using liquid fire and projectiles for example). He should attack me on the spot.​
3) When I reload a save "under the well" it's as if I was on the surface. You probably don't understand what I mean with my poor English so here's a screen: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25094445652316526/88F3D3C38D44858F07F84B2DA1F4DCF5BFE9AF18/ (this text appears when I'm already in the chamber).
4) For some reason (probably had something to do with me standing in the red square) I couldn't attack the gate guard when I was fighting as a thief. Screen: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25094445642315688/4DA0DB141B9807C11CE7D7DA7C2D8EBDC61DC770/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom