Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

quinn totally dislikes new vegas

MisterStone

Arcane
Maybe it wasn't him, he didn't write his name at the bottom like this

-Quinn

madbringer

Arcane
Ilt1X.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It's 'Qwinn', dammit, learn your history.

And anyway, this article sure has some lulzy as shit passages.

So, Bethesda went to great lengths to infuse their D.C. wasteland with colour. It was populated by kooky, occasionally even cartoonish characters- it’s no accident that super mutants and the Brotherhood of Steel featured so prominently. Then you had the independant towns, which were all built in or around visually striking setpieces, and Bethesda even built a labyrinth out of the subway system. Whatever direction you walked in Fallout 3, you felt confident you’d find something interesting.'

'I found nothing as architecturally entertaining as Megaton, and nothing as eerie or inventive as Little Lamplight. '

God, the dialogue in this game. I think there were several points where I was so bored my brain began rotating in my head like food in a microwave. Whatever voice acting agency or methadone rehabilitation clinic Bethesda used to voice the populace of Oblivion and Fallout 3 is back, and while I didn’t particularly like the writing in Fallout 3 either, the characters in that game were often interesting or disturbed enough that you were curious about what they had to say.

It’s just that this is absolutely not the classic that Fallout 1 and 2 unquestionably were, and it’s also not the bold, bright reinvention that Fallout 3 was

hahaohwow.jpg

I.C. Wiener

Educated
serch said:
Then this must be one of the best games ever1 I can't waaait until tomorrow. He critizes New Vegas for having a very low population as if shitty consoles could handle a crowd :lol:
That is a valid criticism, even on the PC the game is so poorly optimized and bugged it can't even handle a few NPCs standing around at the tables. It's still head and shoulders better than FO3 though.

Zomg

Arbiter
NV is right on the dividing line for game journalists between the "safe to disparage" and "danger danger unsafe biting the hand" zones

Morkar Left

I.C. Wiener said:
serch said:
Then this must be one of the best games ever1 I can't waaait until tomorrow. He critizes New Vegas for having a very low population as if shitty consoles could handle a crowd :lol:
That is a valid criticism, even on the PC the game is so poorly optimized and bugged it can't even handle a few NPCs standing around at the tables. It's still head and shoulders better than FO3 though.

He´s right here but it´s not that F3 had a bigger npc-population. How many citizen had megaton? 10?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It’s just that this is absolutely not the classic that Fallout 1 and 2 unquestionably were, and it’s also not the bold, bright reinvention that Fallout 3 was...

Fucking WHAT??

~Quinn

Darth Roxor said:
It's 'Qwinn', dammit, learn your history.

And anyway, this article sure has some lulzy as shit passages.

So, Bethesda went to great lengths to infuse their D.C. wasteland with colour. It was populated by kooky, occasionally even cartoonish characters- it’s no accident that super mutants and the Brotherhood of Steel featured so prominently. Then you had the independant towns, which were all built in or around visually striking setpieces, and Bethesda even built a labyrinth out of the subway system. Whatever direction you walked in Fallout 3, you felt confident you’d find something interesting.'

Subway labyrinth = something interesting

teamamericalol.gif

(I don't actually know what that image means, I just post it as a placeholder for general insanity. Sometimes :retarded: just isn't enough.)

Phelot

Arcane
There’s also a slim chance you’ll find nothing at all but a few irradiated creatures, since the game has entire acres of barren scrub and desert that you absolutely would not see in Fallout 3.

Yes, if you are not bombarded with AWESOME at every second then the game is shit. THERE SHOULD AT LEAST BE TIN CANS FOR ME TO COLLECT!!!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I love that you can gaze out across the desert and see stuff here and there in the distance, tumbleweeds and dust blowing across the desolate landscape. Actually makes Shitbryo look good at those moments unlike the cluttered crap full of rubble every 5 metres that Beth churned out.

Volourn said:
LV is shit. FO3 is shit. sHIT. sHIT. SjhHIT.

Oh just go and fuck Skyway already...seems you both need to console yourselves.

:mca:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Skyway is a tool. he cries for months how LV is gonna suck then goes out and gets ASAP. Me? Fuck that shit. I'd rather spend my money on paying someone to stick a fork in my eye than that kind of fuckin' shit.

LV sucks since it is a combination of FO3 and AP. I don't need to waste $ to know that.

I'll wait to DS3. At least it has a chance to be fun.

:thumbsup:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Trying too hard. Nobody can be this retarded.

EDIT: Considering the state of the world, he can be this retarded, be a journalist, and on top of that, having people agreeing with him.

roll-a-die

Magister
Volourn said:
Skyway is a tool. he cries for months how LV is gonna suck then goes out and gets ASAP. Me? Fuck that shit. I'd rather spend my money on paying someone to stick a fork in my eye than that kind of fuckin' shit.

LV sucks since it is a combination of FO3 and AP. I don't need to waste $ to know that.

I'll wait to DS3. At least it has a chance to be fun.

:thumbsup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH1UmMu3R7o

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"LV sucks since it is a combination of FO3 and AP. I don't need to waste $ to know that."

What gives you the impression that NV is anything like Alpha Protocol? Aside from the superficial similarities that already existed between it and Fallout 3.

Elhoim said:
Trying too hard. Nobody can be this retarded.

EDIT: Considering the state of the world, he can be this retarded, be a journalist, and on top of that, having people agreeing with him.
He's keeping his job in an enormously competitive field. According to his predecessor, Kieron Gillen, that makes him brilliant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom