Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Questions on functions and a $10k spoiler for those who want

Anonymous

Salut, I am the Macadaciouse. Long time demo, currently waiting at the mailbox for the full shebangabang.

A few quesions on functions, how does, "Find Secret Things" work? I've checked as much of the forum as I can, but having sadly chosen French over German in High School, I have no idea what some of the posts say. It seems worthless if it only shows treasures you're standing on top of already, but what do I know?

Is it possible to meet a roman in the demo? I've got all 3 of the towns and the burial mound, with pickpocketing as a skill from the bard, but am I missing a place? I wanna get the full demo as I wait for the full.

Fineally, the 10k hint which I hope has pulled in people who would have otherwise ignored this thread: The priest's storeroom. Hey, I never said it was a deep, mysteriouse secret, did I? I was going to write it in black to safeguard the spoil-less, but coloring font here is a bitch!

Anonymous

Oh, silly me, you must pickpocket the key from the priest. He won't notice, and just cure yourself of the curse that follows stealing in a holy place.

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Re: Questions on functions and a $10k spoiler for those who

Hello Macadaciouse,

> how does, "Find Secret Things" work? It seems worthless if it only shows treasures you're standing on top of already, but what do I know?
Indeed, that's what it does. Though to be fair, the radius of this action isn't _that_ small. If there is anything hidden/buried within your entire field of vision (i.e., the entire screen, as far as I remember), you'll notice it using this action. And that should save you a lot of futile digging in the wrong places.
This is one of these "realistic", non-magical spells typical of Teudogar. It assumes that burying a treasure chest will leave traces on the ground, e.g., the earth put back over that chest would compress and sag down over time, leaving a bit of a trough; or the grass in that place would look somewhat different to the neighboring spots; and so on. These signs would enable you to find treasures within your field of vision.
(However, since Teudogar is supposed to be a realistic game, there's no X-Ray spell or any spell enabling you to find treasures buried kilometres away; these sorts of thing aren't possible in real life, and therefore aren't implemented in the game.)

> Is it possible to meet a roman in the demo?
Basically, no. The only remaining foreigner is the trader in Cattanford. Usually there would have been other Roman (or Gaullic) civilians like traveling merchands and perhaps craftsmen in the country. But they would have gotten out when the war started. (Just like you probably won't meet many U.S. civilians on the streets of Iraq these days. Few people enjoy living with the risk of getting beheaded.)
(In the Full Version, you can travel to a large fortified Roman army camp; besides you'll come across Romans in the Roman-occupied territory of the defeated Usipians tribe.)

> I've got all 3 of the towns and the burial mound, with pickpocketing as a skill from the bard, but am I missing a place?
You may have missed Marada's Swamp. Talk to the bard in Cattanford.

Anonymous

Whee! Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom