Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Questions for Serpent in the Staglands devs (Whalenought) radio interview?

sstacks

Arcane
Hello again (I'm the same guy re: the recent Chris Avellone interview thread)...

As scheduling would have it Shane Plays, my terrestrial geek talk radio show (live show followed by podcast) is cRPG focused again this Saturday with Whalenought Studios, the devs of Serpent in the Staglands. The show isn't always about cRPGs but I do love them so they come up pretty often :)

If you have any questions or comments for Joe and Hannah Williams (the married team that is Whalehought Studios) please post them in this thread and like last week I will do my best to work them into the interview.

Personally I have been enjoying SitS, but they've caught some heat for the first few hours being "too hard" or even "broken." What do you think?

Thanks!
Shane

P.S. More information on the show itself can be found here:http://shaneplays.com/shane-plays-radio-and-podcast/

shane@shaneplays.com
@ShanePlays
http://shaneplays.com

roshan

Arcane
What do they think of a turn based combat system in a future project? They brought some new ideas to RTWP combat including a warbook where combat skills can be equipped, as well as channeling spells. What might be some new ideas that they would like to try in a turn based system?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Find out if they manage to make enough sales to keep making games and what would they do better for SitS if they could do it from start.
And how much changes to the base game are coming with the expansion.

Fairfax

Arcane
Are the sales so far enough to fund the "Spirit Realm and the North" expansion? What about the Varuchov's King one?

Would you consider using pre-rendered graphics like Pillars of Eternity and the upcoming Torment? Although the current style is quite unique, I believe the game would look fantastic with that kind of artstyle.

Are you going to stick to PC for the future? Isle of Bxnes looks cool, but I have zero interest in mobile gaming.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Just one for now: I saw numerous complaints about the UI (I wasn't crazy about it myself)--how do you plan to approach the design of your UIs for your next project? Is it going to change?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Why did they make the Font in their game so small that it is only readable by ants with a telescope?
Also why the heavy use of scroll bars.. Like honestly, this games UI feels like it was designed for the Screen Resolution of a Game Boy Color.

Who is the QT 3.14 that played the hooded woman in the intro? :smug:

sstacks

Arcane
sstacks have you done the interview already? Would love a link to the stream!

Show starts at 1:05 PM Central today (Saturday) so it hasn't happened yet :)

The direct online stream from the station is http://saleminteractivemedia.com/ListenLive/player/KHTEFM

Also feel free to call in live during the interview if you want (anyone reading this, keep it nice, mature and civil please this is live radio not romper room :hug: ): 501-823-0965

Show notes for today: http://shaneplays.com/

Joe & Hannah Williams of Whalenought Studios, developers of the stylistic, hardcore Serpent in the Staglands cRPG!
Show starts 1:05 PM Central
Little Rock: 96.5FM The Answer
Online: http://965fmtheanswer.com/ + TuneIn app & iHeartRadio app
 + TuneIn app & iHeartRadio app ‪

Whalenought-Studios-Joe-and-Hannah-Williams-Shane-Plays.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Wow I just heard that Fox news radio for first time. Wow just wow. It sounds like jokes from South Park or the joke radios in Bloodlines. I never thought anyone seriously has such program. WOW

Ninjerk

Arcane
BTW, thank them on air if u see this for running the competition that got me the game!

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Alas, I missed this, but I'd have loved to know what influences they have, Darklands excepted of course. If they could re-create one game in their own style, what would that be. I have high hopes for this pair - don't let me down by getting all happy and complacent...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom