Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Questions about King of Dragon Pass

Unwanted

Magic User

Unwanted
I have completed the game last year and did a couple of other unfinished playthroughs. I love it, probably my second favorite after darklands. These doubts came up and I couldn't find an answer to them through google. There are few guides around and they are remarkably undetailed considering the complexity of the game. I wonder if anyone more knowledgeable on the game knows about this:

How do you get Urox followers in your clan? I read everywhere about their unique interactions with events related to chaos and fellow uroxi and etc. I tried restarting the game several times wih different configurations at clan creation(starting with an uroxi temple and every other possible option) but it just doesn't happen. I never could actually get a damn uroxi as an option for my clan ring.

Several guides mention that it is possible to form an alliance with the duck people and even have them join your tribe, but I never could do it. I always have positive diplomacy with them, I always feud with the clan that hates beastpeople and still it doesn't happen. When I send an emissary to offer alliance I always get that message about the "bursting into squawks of laughter". I did get the event where they ask you to join your tribe twice(without being allied to them), but I always fail when I plea for them before the tribal council.

Another thing I wonder about is what happens when you kep seizing land and increasing your clan size and power. Does it break the game? I know it is not how you win the game, but I do wonder.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
The composition of the nobles is random, there's nothing you can do to get Urox worshippers, it will just happen. They're pretty rare, sort of like the Vinga worshipers. Just wait for it to happen, I guess.

I don't know about forming an alliance with the duck people, but they can't join your tribe. The absolute best you can do is have them show up at the tribal council and have them made honorary members, which isn't the same as being a member and doesn't actually change the game.

If you seize all your neighbors' lands, the game does sort of bug out and all of your neighbors go into that undead marsh. It doesn't affect anything in the game but on the map they're all in one overlapping spot in the marsh, which makes it hard to click on them.

Johannes

Arcane
If you seize all your neighbors' lands, the game does sort of bug out and all of your neighbors go into that undead marsh. It doesn't affect anything in the game but on the map they're all in one overlapping spot in the marsh, which makes it hard to click on them.
Huh, you mean like by conquering every other clan there is, to the max? Yeah I suppose that's possible to pull off with enough perseverance...

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Huh, you mean like by conquering every other clan there is, to the max? Yeah I suppose that's possible to pull off with enough perseverance...
Yeah, I've done it and that's what happens.

Unwanted

Magic User

Unwanted
I don't know about forming an alliance with the duck people, but they can't join your tribe. The absolute best you can do is have them show up at the tribal council and have them made honorary members, which isn't the same as being a member and doesn't actually change the game.

The kodp wiki says you can actually have them join your tribe. I don't know though, the game is poorly documented. There are only a couple of guides around and none of them can be called "in-depth".

The game is pretty unforgiving when you fuck up. On my last playthrough I messed with the dragonnewts one too many times and had the clan destruction scene happen. Found out I had no save before that and that there' no way to continue the game. I mean, you do get the option to "carry on against all odds" when the dragons destroy your clan but the game always ends after only one or two rounds. I tried it a couple of times, it seems the option to continue after the destruction event is there only to troll the player.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom