Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Question about the Temple's quest in Citadel...(spoiler)

Fantasm

Novice
The acolyte in the Temple at Citadel wants me to stop a seminary student, Numitor, from doing bad things. The seminary teacher refers me to his room for clues about his whereabouts, but there is nothing in his room except for a blank piece of paper in the desk, and a white robe on the bed. Are these supposed to clue me in to his whereabouts? Or is this yet another bug?

Thanks for any help...

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Need someone with a 17 int or so, refer to the "Spoil Me" thread.

Fantasm

Novice
HanoverF said:
Need someone with a 17 int or so, refer to the "Spoil Me" thread.

OK, thanks for the info. Unfortunately my highest intelligence is a 16. Of course, my Intel WOULD go up to 17 if the lit/lore skill advancement wasn't bugged to raise my charisma instead of intelligence...sigh...

I'll go hunt him down using the info in the thread below...thanks!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Fantasm said:
OK, thanks for the info. Unfortunately my highest intelligence is a 16. Of course, my Intel WOULD go up to 17 if the lit/lore skill advancement wasn't bugged to raise my charisma instead of intelligence...sigh...

Really, things like this are what I'd like to see fixed in Prelude. If you have a High Int character with NATURE, you can instantly get the maps.. However, if you don't.. You're pretty much screwed unless you know that guy is on the East side of that river, just a ways south of The Citadel.

I'd like to see it so there are more than one way to do things, just so you can have an unbalanced party and still do most things.

CP

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Fantasm said:

Really, things like this are what I'd like to see fixed in Prelude. If you have a High Int character with NATURE, you can instantly get the maps.. However, if you don't.. You're pretty much screwed unless you know that guy is on the East side of that river, just a ways south of The Citadel.

I'd like to see it so there are more than one way to do things, just so you can have an unbalanced party and still do most things.

It's true that there are areas where this kind of balance is lacking. In more cases than not events or other script triggers check more than one attribute and/or skill to make sure that most parties can complete a quest. To script checks for every branch of every quest is just beyond our ability as a small group. That said, there are clearly some places where people feel this is needed. This can be changed.

Spoiler:

If you have party member with high strength go talk to Kalisco in the Barrier's southern courtyard. She'll join your party to get the quest taken care of.

CP

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom