Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Quest for Infamy released on Steam and GOG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Infamous Quests; Quest for Infamy

After the adventure RPG Heroine's Quest, which we enjoyed a lot, comes the second title in the ongoing Quest for Glory-inspired renaissance. It's called Quest for Infamy, and was developed by the Codex user Blackthorne (Steven Alexander), who also took part in our huge AdventureDex Interview last year.

You can grab the game on Steam or on GOG. I'll quote the Steam description here.

Why Be Famous When You Can Be Infamous?

Return to the glory days of role-playing and adventure with this humor-filled fantasy epic, styled in the vein of classic PC RPGs, where you play the charming villain. Blending turn-based combat and spellcasting with puzzle solving and adventure, players can choose from three character classes—brigand (strength), rogue (stealth), or sorcerer (magic), each with unique storylines and adventures—in one of the largest retro role-playing experiences ever. A spiritual heir to yesteryear's heroic quests, adventurers are invited to explore a world of hand-drawn wonder, as they wind their way through trap-infested dungeons, battle slavering beasts with swords or custom-made spells, and steal entire town's worth of treasure from unsuspecting townsfolk. Being bad has never felt so good!

• Classic fantasy Adventure/RPG packed with adventure, puzzles, combat, and spellcasting
  • Play as one of three anti-heroes with unique quests: Brigand, Rogue, or Sorcerer
  • Lie, cheat, and steal your way through tales of charming villainy with multiple endings
  • Use swords, spells, or wits to blaze a path to victory: Styles vary with every play
  • Hand-drawn world seamlessly blends role-playing and adventure
  • Over 50 NPCs and 200 rooms to explore and interact with
  • Customize your own spells, skills, and adventures

Links: Steam; GOG.

There's also a third QfG-inspired game, Mage's Initiation, coming later this year. Keep an eye out for that one, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Thanks for purchasing Quest For Infamy (Special Edition)!

When available, you'll be able to get all your digital content listed below right here on your download page!

Your purchase of Quest For Infamy (Special Edition) also gets you:

Quest For Infamy: Special Edition (Coming Soon!)
:x

Eyeball

Arcane
Game looks stunning. Combat looks stunningly awful.

Out of all the good things you could copy from old-era RPG/adventure hybrids, why copy the horrendous combat system? QFG's SUCKED ASS and this looks just as bad.

No buy.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I hope there's an option for text instead of voice overs?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
This is a triumph, if for nothing else simply from management standpoint. However hard making a point-and-click is (and I found it quite hard), make non-linear P&C / RPG hybrid surely is vastly harder, yet this project seems to have gone smoothly, more or less on schedule, at a very high level of quality. Nicely done, BT. :salute:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope there's an option for text instead of voice overs?
Yes, hearing the trailer, it is really bad. I assume they didn't recorded it in a studio (understandable with a tight budget), instead random people sent them their home recorded lines. The volume is quite different at the voices, and some of them has a small echo.

That said, the game looks promising, congratulations for the guys who made it.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like the voices. Especially Roehm's accent! A few of them are hard to hear over the trailer music though.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The voices are very uneven, imo. Mostly okay though.

I wonder, did Heroine's Quest have voices? I remember liking many of the characters, but I don't remember their voices at all.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I wonder, did Heroine's Quest have voices? I remember liking many of the characters, but I don't remember their voices at all.
How weird that you don't remember any. They were fully voiced even. Some of them had rather bad accents.

Crooked Bee

Patron
How weird that you don't remember any. They were fully voiced even. Some of them had rather bad accents.

Oh, I see, thanks. I guess the rest of the game overshadowed that for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom