Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Champions - multiplayer hero shooter from id Software

abija

Prophet
I'm sure all the pros already played the game and gave balance feedback a long time ago.
I doubt that. You wouldn't get shit like 12 dmg per mg bullet or the way lg hits register if pros actually touched the game.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone fancy some Bethesda malware?

G9G7-QF3Q-Y4NQ-6C9G-G32R

Venser

Erudite
lol people complaining it takes long to find an opponent in the fucking beta

abija

Prophet
Was complaining the game mode is SHIT, queue time is showing what other beta testers think of it considering it's 1v1 without elo saturday at noon.
Also if there aren't enough players to beta test maybe they should send more keys.

Last edited:

thesoup

Arcane
There's plenty of players for ffa and tdm, at least in EU. I would regularly find a match within a minute of looking at any time, and that was when there were less keys and users around. Dunno where the person who posted the screenshot was from. If he's from NA or EU, that's an extremely tragic thing, at any time of day. Tragic meaning how fucking unbearably shit it is.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
NDA is apparently gone now

The spaniard is the only one good at quake.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
NDA isn't completely gone, but media outlets are allowed to post footage of it and post impressions.

EDIT: NVM, every 'quake veteran' is now making videos about QC impressions

the only one who seems competent

Last edited:

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Interesting how Bethesda actually allowed giantbomb to post negative impressions of the game. Maybe it's because they're so bad at it, it makes QC look good in comparison :shittydog:. This is the only other vid I could find with someone semi competent at the game and it shows some of the issues like rocket delay, fucked rocket jumping, and netcode.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
I keep checking every beta to see if they fixed it and since they fucked up duel and didn't fix those issues (you couldn't even duel against friends) I didn't play very much. I don't really have anything to lose since it's free and if it turns out shit I can just play any other quake game since they're still active. If only Tribes 1 and 2 were the same way :negative:

RoSoDude

Arcane
I keep checking every beta to see if they fixed it and since they fucked up duel and didn't fix those issues (you couldn't even duel against friends) I didn't play very much. I don't really have anything to lose since it's free and if it turns out shit I can just play any other quake game since they're still active. If only Tribes 1 and 2 were the same way :negative:

Ugh, Tribes, remembering that game sure is a punch in the gut. Right there with you buddy. :negative:

abija

Prophet
If they're not running around with lg and zoomed smg most of the time they haven't played much beta.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Still can't duel against friends bravo id. I'll pass on this one until they actually make some meaningful changes.

Cadmus

Arcane
I started getting raped all the time now. Guess I'm really shit at Quake. Anyway, sometimes I seem to appear somewhere else due to lag, like 5 seconds back. Also I seem to remember the rocket launcher having a bigger area of effect. I also don't understand how the lightining gun works because I get fragged with it in seconds but can't seem to kill shit. But I think my aim is seriously bad so that might be why.

Bet you anything that there will be about 5 maps max on release and 9 champions.
Where's taunts? Where's Haste and Invulnerability? Where's some interesting maps? The best one here is the remake of the Q3 map, ffs.
I think it's gonna be shit.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
They said there would be 12 champions on release and I'm guessing we'll see remakes of Blood Run, The Edge, and Aerowalk since they're all fan favorites. Your sensitivity is probably just too high if you can't hit shit with the LG since it's probably one of the strongest weapons right now along with the HMG. Also people in the beta forums are extremely retarded I recommend you read them if you want to die a little inside with people defending speed caps and using overwatch as an example of good netcode in games.

abija

Prophet
They said there would be 12 champions on release and I'm guessing we'll see remakes of Blood Run, The Edge, and Aerowalk since they're all fan favorites. Your sensitivity is probably just too high if you can't hit shit with the LG since it's probably one of the strongest weapons right now along with the HMG. Also people in the beta forums are extremely retarded I recommend you read them if you want to die a little inside with people defending speed caps and using overwatch as an example of good netcode in games.
Doubt you'll see any map that's even remotely close to aerowalk gameplay if current duel mode isn't scrapped. Just imagine the frustration of a 5 min duel with less than 30 seconds spent playing.

Also Overwatch has the best netcode unless the new UT game had some breakthrough in the last 6 months. Still miles ahead of qlive netcode which they couldn't even replicate in champions.

Cadmus

Arcane
Doubt you'll see any map that's even remotely close to aerowalk gameplay if current duel mode isn't scrapped. Just imagine the frustration of a 5 min duel with less than 30 seconds spent playing.

Also Overwatch has the best netcode unless the new UT game had some breakthrough in the last 6 months. Still miles ahead of qlive netcode which they couldn't even replicate in champions.
What's so bad about the new duel except for the horrible waiting times for videos etc?
Is there a bunny hopping speed cap really? It seems like there is, I can't seem to get any speed.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
What's so bad about the new duel except for the horrible waiting times for videos etc?
Is there a bunny hopping speed cap really? It seems like there is, I can't seem to get any speed.
The new ruleset is complete dogshit. Instead of getting 10/15 frags over the span of 15 minutes or something, you now pick three different chumps per round and have to kill all three of them over the course of 5 minutes per round, and you need to win 2/3 rounds to win the match. So what you often see happening is someone getting one frag lead who proceeds to turtle the entire match as long as he's in control, because with a 3-frag limit and having to pick a new champ each time you die it means the possibility of a comeback is smaller, and taking risks is more likely to get you punished.

The assortiment of item pick-ups has also been changed. Health bonuses are gone, armor shards only drop on death, the yellow armor is gone, green armor now comes in the shape of shields and are more frequently placed on the map, as the only pick-ups which really matter are the mega armor and mega health which give you your max HP + 50. The problem is that there's nothing aside from the two mega items that can overcharge you, meaning they are the only items that really matter, as shields cannot overcharge you. This is a big deal as the reason all kinds of items were present were to force you into moving around. Now when you are in control on the DM6 remake you only have to shuffle back and forth on the bridge as the mega health is now where the YA used to be, since the bridge gives you a good position on both mega items. This forces your opponent underground if he wants to survive where there are plenty of shield pickups, but there's little point in risking control to go down there when you are already in the lead.

The turtling behavior encouraged by the current Duel ruleset and the item assortiment places a large emphasis on the railgun, as it is the weapon most suitable for hit 'n run attacks while also punishing other railgun pokers, allowing you to dish out noticeable damage from awkward angles. The DM6 remake also feels like it has been upscaled, which more frequently allows for long-range encounters to occur because of the larger amount of open space. The railgun is also getting uses so often because the other weapons feel suckier in comparison. The Plasma Gun and Grenade Launcher are gone, and the RL feels crappy as an area denial weapon because it feels crappy to use in general as of now. The Super Nailgun isn't as useful for bullying Railgun users the same way the Plasma gun was. And the Railgun deals a potential 100 DMG now, which makes it an excellent choice for spawnkilling lighter champs with one shot.

The chumps also don't really help break the railgun meta. It's already hard enough to break the stack on a heavy champ as a light champ in a medium-range fight, but heavy champs have abilities which give them the upper hand with ease in close-range encounters and is the cherry on top for telling lighter champs to stay the fuck away and use a railgun instead. Moreover, a lighter champ has the natural advantage to not get hit in a railgun duel with their faster base speed and smaller hitbox, while being fallible to dying faster, although that can be somewhat mitigated by landing the first shot.

So what you end up with is a turtling railgun pokefest because of the overbearing railgun meta, which might vary depending on how shitty your connection and opponent are. Basically you'll notice that if you get the railgun first and deny the enemy from its spawn, you are more likely to win.

Cadmus

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom