Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info QTEs in The Witcher 2 optional

Phelot

Arcane

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
Excidium said:
But will sex scenes have QTEs?

Giving a whole new meaning to the term "button mashing".

It's not new. You just don't know of the decline well enough.

Yeesh said:
Jaz said:
That's not really part of the game is it?

Christ. Playing video games really does mean you're a loser. I've wasted my life.

"I-is he going to...? By the gods!"

Jesus. Kratos is one sick puppy if he can shock girls that spend their time fucking the goddess of love. I mean, they must've been used to plugging all her holes, intense anal sex should get a :? from them, at best.

Phelot

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Yeesh said:
Jaz said:

Christ. Playing video games really does mean you're a loser. I've wasted my life.

"I-is he going to...? By the gods!"

Jesus. Kratos is one sick puppy if he can shock girls that spend their time fucking the goddess of love. I mean, they must've been used to plugging all her holes, intense anal sex should get a :? from them, at best.

Are you thinking golden and brown showers or perhaps gerbils?

If only I could design a game sex scene... I would bum all these kids out and make them scared of sex forEVER.

Archibald

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Darth Roxor said:
having to push 764987698347609340698 buttons at once

I don't like QTEs as well, but in which game does this happen? Every QTE I saw consisted of either a single quick, unexpected button press or a slow, steady series of presses.

He hates QTEs and comes up with idiotic examples that have no basis, in last thread he bawwed something about having to rewatch cutscenes due to QTE coming up surprisingly and him having no time to react. Shit like this might happen first time you encounter QTE and even then first ones are usually slow as fuck.

Fuck this shit, i haven`t even finished tutorial castle in Witcher, why i`m even bothering here.

Volken

Scholar
Yeesh said:
Jaz said:

Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.– Tyrion Lannister

Stop behaving like a pitiful weakling and embrace your inner nerd.

Jigawatt

Arcane

torpid

Liturgist
commie said:
phelot said:
So... you can just turn off QTEs? So you could just skip over boss fights?

The Witcher isn't a fucking roguelike or a blob crawler; never was, never will be. It's a story ARPG of the Bioware type, so expecting something else is pretty fucking stupid.

:lol: Never thought I'd see a Witcher fanboy defend the game by claiming that it's a "story ARPG of the Bioware type". That's kinda going off script.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeesh said:
Jaz said:

Never doubt what you have done. All your decisions have brought you to this point. As Darth Kreia said. And Fuck you commie for comparing Witcher to Biowhore's consolitated bastards. It's the true CRPG for true hetero men, no elven fagotery alowed. :salute:

Jigawatt said:
Also Tyrion Lannister == Tyrax Lightning!!!???????!?!?!?!??!
How did I not see it beeeefore
"I love Dragons. I like Ducks & Wolves. My favorite weapon is the GreatAxe, & can make do with other types of double bladed 2H Axe as well. My favorite magic element is Lightning." - Tyrax Lightning

Doesn't sound like someone similar to Tyrion.

BTW who's using my nickname on Watch?

- Tyrax Lightning

phelot said:
Are you thinking golden and brown showers or perhaps gerbils?

Well, he does carry one of these around.

9293gow-kratos.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Clockwork Knight said:
I don't like QTEs as well, but in which game does this happen? Every QTE I saw consisted of either a single quick, unexpected button press or a slow, steady series of presses.

I'm p. sure I remember Jericho, for example, having QTEs with fast and unexpected sequences of buttons that made me rage like hell.

He hates QTEs and comes up with idiotic examples that have no basis, in last thread he bawwed something about having to rewatch cutscenes due to QTE coming up surprisingly and him having no time to react. Shit like this might happen first time you encounter QTE and even then first ones are usually slow as fuck.

'Idiotic examples that have no basis'. Right.

Get the fuck out, retard.

Archibald

Arcane
Jericho has like two forced QTEs. First one with you falling and i think there was another one but i can`t remember clearly now. All others can be avoided if you are playing decent. But fast and unexpected? Enemy gets into melee range and grabs you, you start "brawling", second later 2-3 buttons flash. Sure as fuck fast and unexpected. You can`t get more obvious than that.

But of course, continue with your bullshit. r00fles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom