Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pyre - Supergiant Games is at it again

HansDampf

Arcane
Are you so triggered by this shit?
Even the Codex offers 3 gender options.
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I don't care about the gender stuff. I mean, I'll roll my eyes or whatever but it's not my concern that people want to be mentally ill.
Worse is that they are trying to sting me for 20USD for a 10 hour game.
No thanks, I'd rather waste $21 for the necromancer in Diablo 3 if I'm going to be wallet raped.

hajro

Arbiter
Just wait for a sale then, its a pretty kino game. I enjoyed my time with it :martini:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And yeah, as for the SJW shit. There. Is. None. Of. It. In. This. Game. Game gives you an option to choose gender of your Reader the same as it gives you the option (at some point) to choose a background or motivation of your Reader. Game gives you the option to choose They as a gender because in the setting there are races which do not have classical human genders, that’s it, although game I think assumes that you’re a human. Other than that this game is classic, even sexist some might say. All characters are either male or female, all at least slightly suggested romance sublots (be that your characters FAILED attempts or stories of other NPCs) are heterosexual, and only interracial romance in this game between human-like beings promotes a white dude banging a black chick (yeah Celeste we all know you want this BWC). So there you have it.
Thanks, I was this close to boycotting this game if they really bulled this genderless bullshit. But if it is really connected to the lore of other species, than I guess I can tolerate. But I'm watching you Supergiant!

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Game gives you the option to choose They as a gender because in the setting there are races which do not have classical human genders, that’s it, although game I think assumes that you’re a human.
Was it confirmend that They is supposed to be a gender? Considering the plot it is very likely that reader is in fact a royalty, so it's natural for them to refer to themselves as We.

It's pretty obvious, but here. http://steamcommunity.com/app/462770/discussions/0/1458455461483630308/#c1458455461483727964

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Thanks, I was this close to boycotting this game if they really bulled this genderless bullshit. But if it is really connected to the lore of other species, than I guess I can tolerate. But I'm watching you Supergiant!

What if it's connected to the lore of Homo sapiens?

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I briefly considered replaying it, because on paper it’s a very highly replayable game with dozens of possible plot permutations - nope. Just nope, not yet, perhaps never. This game just lacks true content. It’s a very good idea into which much more money should have been poured, then perhaps it could have been brilliant.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:necro:

A surprisingly decent game. I'd say it's my favorite from Supergiant. Weird (in a good way) setting, nice cast of characters, even the sports sections were rather enjoyable.

Hobknobling

Learned
Just finished this game and came here to see if there are any worthwhile opinions.

Am I the only person in the world who thinks the game is a bit janky? In so many of the rites I hit something that did not look like an obstacle and especially with flying characters the collision logic appears very arbitrary. The game also seems to have some input lag when playing on a keyboard and mouse. I have not played Hades yet, but all the other SG games seem to have this inherit slipperiness to their handling that I find very off-putting at times. In Bastion and Transistor I did not mind it that much but here it became more annoying due the nature of the gameplay.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Glorified Flash game
TrumpDisgusting.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Pyre is a visual novel with a simplistic sportsball game attached, quite a disappointment after Bastion, which is a well-crafted action game with RPG elements, and Transistor, which is a tactics game with cool visual aesthetic and soundtrack.

:rpgcodex:

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Was really disappointed with this game, could see what they were going for but the rites just did not have anywhere near the level of depth they would need to carry the goofy and uninteresting world they created.

Ivan

Arcane
100.webp

Started this a night or 2 ago and this gif pretty much sums up how I'm feeling. I enjoy Supergiant's games (Hades>Bastion>Transistor) but this is one where I'm struggling to find the fun. The Rites feel obtuse, mainly b/c of the controls. Maybe there's a twist coming up or something but I'm pretty underwhelmed thus far (just reached the sea and the wagon has transformed into a little boat).

Ivan

Arcane
:2.5/5:
This one didn't really resonate with me as much, but I still saw it through to the end. I will say that the same high standard is maintained when it comes to the music and art, it's the gameplay where I was left consistently bored and underwhelmed.

-plenty of awesome tracks and variety (nice how they tie to the NPCs backgrounds)
-the writing, at least that pertaining to your companions, is full of charm, character, and succinct
-the worldbuilding is grandiose and pretty tiresome, I stopped giving a fuck pretty quickly, though the history book did trigger my OCD so I did real the entries
-the game felt confusing at first due to the controls, but after I got that down, it
-not enough meaningful C&C, would have loved to see a lot more small reactivity since you meet the same parties over and over again
-the campaign is too long, allowing you to free/save too many of your companions. I was surprised that I was able to free so many. Only the first one was actually meaningful. the weight behind the freedom rite lost its impact.

some favorites:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom