Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pyre - Supergiant Games is at it again

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Anyone played this yet? I saw all the paid for reviews today and it must have cost them a fortune. And none of them told me if the combat was any good, or if it is only a game for story fags. Aka. "A visual novel."

PrettyDeadman

Anyone played this yet? I saw all the paid for reviews today and it must have cost them a fortune. And none of them told me if the combat was any good, or if it is only a game for story fags. Aka. "A visual novel."
I am launching the game now. Will post a review in ~12 munutes.

PrettyDeadman

The reviews are true. The game is good. The writing (and delivery) is very good - it's rich and expressive, but always on point, it is very involved, always relevant to what is going with the player. Artstyle, music and voiceacting are all great. Unlike bastion or transistor which were games about a single and lonely protagonist who don't interact with anyone much, which honestly made narration feel a bit pretentios and masturbatory, in this one we have a cast of interesting characters who interact with each other in consensual dialogues, narration feels a lot more natural.
The gameplay is a fantasy footbal, something like Inazuma Eleven (but more simplistic). Don't have time to play now, will play in two weeks and probably write more.

A special snowflake game with no fail-states that asks the player for their preferred pronouns at the start.

What could possibly go wrong? :incloosive:

hajro

Arbiter
Also im suprised that i like all party members so far, Mister sea worm knight thing the most.
14VN8wGvTTiigh9RKYFwMQ.png
8orogSODTtmv85WwyOZCDA.png

he even ask player senpai to notice him :love:
eh-yzxGBTNakFp6yMQubiw.png

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Hipster games for kids and retarded adults don't have to pay for reviews. They have to be reviewed well or all the hipsters attack and have hipster hissy fits. Since no one has replied to my inquiry about this game I am now certain it is just hipster fodder for idiots like their other two games. I can be certain it is not an rpg, has very little actual gameplay, has little content, no real choices to make, and is basically a hipster pop up book. So far it is 100% of all games using hipster terms like "great soundtrack," etc, are just complete hipster shit for monkeys.

hajro

Arbiter

Hipster games for kids and retarded adults don't have to pay for reviews. They have to be reviewed well or all the hipsters attack and have hipster hissy fits. Since no one has replied to my inquiry about this game I am now certain it is just hipster fodder for idiots like their other two games. I can be certain it is not an rpg, has very little actual gameplay, has little content, no real choices to make, and is basically a hipster pop up book. So far it is 100% of all games using hipster terms like "great soundtrack," etc, are just complete hipster shit for monkeys.
The game has missable party members,branching paths, an unusual but interesting death mechanic, good art and sjw shit Kappa

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

I think that is true but I think they pay as well. I think you can get 10/10 from most review sites for $100 these days. Maybe some mozzarella sticks.

PrettyDeadman

A special snowflake game with no fail-states that asks the player for their preferred pronouns at the start.

What could possibly go wrong? :incloosive:
It actually saves your progress permamently, so you could fuck up and have to live with consequences, which is very unlike most of the games made for little crybabies with OCD who can't handle their own failure in a mature way and will throw hissy fit unless they can avoid suffering consequences of their mistakes via save game function. I'd say this makes this game pretty EXCLUSIVE to at least 90% of the gamers.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
3,5 hours in. Good game, but it’s not a cRPG, not in any way. More like… well, action-sport game? It’s mechanically and in general close to Transistor, but aesthetically closer to Bastion. You mainly wonder around the world in The Banner Saga style (that is you sometimes choose where to go, but not all the time), in your wagon and with your party, but you do not manage resources. There are character stats (4 of them) and some skill progression, very basic equipment as well, but all of this is very rudimentary. Focus of the game is on battles (firstly) and on the plot (secondly). Fights are… fun, I guess, certainly unique in style, very dynamic, but too chaotic for me and right now very easy (only harpies/flying enemies cause me a headache, and against them I lost my only battle). What guy above said, game saves constantly, so if you fuck up you fuck up. You can miss content by fucking up, and can cause some maladies to your companions by bad choices, although as far as I am in the game these choices did not cause me too much trouble (I didn’t lose any companion permanently for example). Setting is cool (political purgatory out of which people who were exiled try to escape by means of mystical rites conducted when stars align), plot right now is pretty tight (you all want to escape the purgatory, so motivation is there, but other layers of story start to slowly emerge), although I’m not yet quite sure why all these people want to escape SO BADLY – Downside is not so bad. Party members are alright I guess, they are literally all clichés that we’ve seen thousand times already (complete with cute animal-thingy), but hey, perhaps there is depth to them, game certainly suggests that. What’s curious is that the game doesn’t have immediately recognizable and memorable soundtrack, as was the case with Transistor and Bastion. Music is good for what it is, but it’s not mind-blowing (it wasn’t in their previous games either, but I think it was better). It’s more of a game than Transistor or Bastion, there are more mechanics and it feels more like a competent game than a CYOA book or something, so I guess they are improving. They also borrowed lore-by-highlighting-lore-terms from Tyranny. And, by the way, there is no SJW shit as of now.

Game does recognize when you lose a battle and frankly I wonder what would happen if I would start to lose them each time.

PS Oh and yeah if anyone will find that funny – guy who voices Magnus from Text-to-Speech Device WH40k parody voices the Voice that conducts the rites in this game as well, I’m like 99,9% sure of it. Funny little thing.

hajro

Arbiter
Game does recognize when you lose a battle and frankly I wonder what would happen if I would start to lose them each time.
If you really want to know
Each defeat= 1 member of your party doesnt get freed from exile

Villagkouras

Arcane
Where the game asked you about your pronouns? It refers me as a female with absolutely no reason.

Edit: Fuck, I had to click on the phrase "Looks she's breathing". I'll start over.

Villagkouras

Arcane
The game is very fun and pretty. Although it's a bit easy. They are a very talented bunch of folks and I'll take a game that tries to be innovative than a copy/paste AAA shit.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game is fun and interesting.I would recommend it,or at least to watch a video to see if you like it.Also the gender thing is ok,it have only two genders and i don't see people making a fuss about having to chose a gender in BG.The writing is on point and the characters are interesting.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
The game is very fun and pretty. Although it's a bit easy. They are a very talented bunch of folks and I'll take a game that tries to be innovative than a copy/paste AAA shit.

Hipster no-content gimmick shit for kids are as bad as AAA shit.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
expected a nice sports RPG but got a visual novel with a very simple basketball minigame. bravo supergiant.

Why would you buy a game from hipster devs expecting anything but hipster shit with all sparkle and no content make specifically for kids, hispters and fucking retards?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom