Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pyre - Supergiant Games is at it again

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
http://www.supergiantgames.com/games/pyre/

https://af.gog.com/game/pyre?as=1649904300

From makers of Bastion and Transistor we get another game. I realize this might be JRPG material, but I'll post it here anyway. Feel free to move it.

Pyre is a party-based RPG in which you lead a band of exiles to freedom through an ancient competition spread across a vast, mystical purgatory.

:takemymoney:

Coming in 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I liked Bastion and Transistor, although the movement with keyboard and mouse was a bit off in both. The music in that trailer doesn't do much for me, but it's nice aesthetically

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I was wondering where my post has gone.
I can't tell from trailer wheather this will have RTWP, real time or turn based gameplay.
Which song is the trailer's theme?

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
no babe?

hmmm

I don't see how they will pull this off

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
My sister loved Bastion. It looked like a fun action game. The narrator had the best voice.

Never asked her what she thought of Transistor.

---

Arcane
Men, tha art is amazing.
I really liked the art of Basion and Transistor too, but the gameplay was meh. Let's hope that this time the whole game will be good :incline:

Blackstaff

Arbiter
I've played Transistor and Bastion on basis of the hype surrounding them and thought they were complete and utter shit. Total hipsters garbage with that pathetic "voice-over-every-little-shitty-thing-around-do-you heard-the-sound-of-my-voice-I-m-so-cool-oh-yeah".

That trailer looks like the same kind of over-hyped shit.

Got bored and left

Well, whatever the game ends up being in terms of the quality of gameplay, it's going to look and sound delicious, at the very least. Keeping an eye on this. Bastion provided some good music for tabletop RPG sessions, I'm hoping for some cool stuff here too.

TheScarecrow

Educated
The art and sound in both Bastion and Transistor it's fucking great, plus the voice of the Narrator and the Transistor is also great. Let's hope they made a good combat system this time.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Probably won't have any actual role playing. Still will likely be a get for me since they're two for two so far.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bought Bastion and Transistor. Enjoyed both of them and I will probably end up buying this at some point.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I still didn't get if it's real time or not. It seems it is, but the dude failed to clarify ir...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom