Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Publishing games in the Play Store / App store - Let's share what we learn

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
My kids composed and recorded a small piece, for the Town Hall menus. You can listen to it here
Ooooh.
Do you need a composer? I just finished a small project on the side, so I don't have much to do when it comes to music-related stuff.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
My kids composed and recorded a small piece, for the Town Hall menus. You can listen to it here
Ooooh.
Do you need a composer? I just finished a small project on the side, so I don't have much to do when it comes to music-related stuff.

Currently I have more tracks than I can actually use, as I'm trying not to reach the 100Mb limit that would force me to use an extra file with the apk. But eventually I'll add more music, and I'll make more games too, so send me a portfolio, or just some tracks you did recently.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
How badly is the game level scaled? I've played for maybe 30 minutes during breaks at work and already getting annoyed by it.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
How badly is the game level scaled? I've played for maybe 30 minutes during breaks at work and already getting annoyed by it.

Not sure what you mean, there's some scaling in encounters, but you will die if you enter places that are too dangerous for your level. Are you getting killed too often? what quests/dungeons are you trying? What class/skills did you pick?

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Level scaling as in the same enemies in the same areas I was earlier have been gaining levels when I go back to them after visiting town and leveling up there. Level 1 goblins respawning as level 3 goblins etc.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
Level scaling as in the same enemies in the same areas I was earlier have been gaining levels when I go back to them after visiting town and leveling up there. Level 1 goblins respawning as level 3 goblins etc.

Goblins have a minimum level of 1 and a maximum of 3, although 2 should be the most common. You'll see different creatures spawning if you go there being higher level: warriors, sometimes sergeants and firedancers, with better loot. But not indefinitely, no generic monster in the goblin mine will be higher than a certain level. So, is there level scaling? a little. monsters have a narrow level bracket, as said above, but mostly it's similar to Morrowind/BG2, in which different monsters will spawn, with a different table on each area.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
No longer a newfag... unfortunately

Exactly 30 days after being published, be ready for a BIG hit in downloads as you get kicked out of the New Games category, although it might not be that steep if you didn't make it high in the "Top New RPG" ranking. In my case, Exiled Kingdoms was ranked #10, and that was probably bringing me a lot of players, so the drop was hard. From 400-500 downloads/day, to half that figure. Obviously sales went the same route. I researched a bit on AppAnnie, and I could see how other "competitors" experienced a similar drop right after 30 days, so my initial paranoia turned into a tense calm.

That happened on January 19, and since then, fortunately downloads have been increasing slowly, day by day, up to the point of, on day 41 after release, being almost back to the level I was on the best moment. So be ready for the big hit, and be patient!

As income seems to be solid, I've already begun to invest it into new assets. And my mind already wanders into new projects, like, a turn-based futuristic PC game. I have a very clear idea of what I want to do, but that will happen in 2017, this year I have to keep focusing on EK.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
Here is a very interesting piece of information that everyone thinking about RPG development should consider.

Downloads by country, in the RPG category, past saturday 30th

a1BIu.jpg

Now you know, what translations to priorize...

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
No Best Korea? :decline:

Well, those are not my downloads, it's the average on the RPG category for that day. So blame overall decline. I barely have any downloads from Korea+Japan+TW, and a 20% of mine are from USA.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
This is going to eventually appear on iOS, right? My Android tablet is a POS, I'd rather play this on the ipad.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
This is going to eventually appear on iOS, right? My Android tablet is a POS, I'd rather play this on the ipad.

Yeah, that'll be my battleground for february. already got a mac, as it's a requirement to build for iOS devices.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
Finally Google Play allowed me to download in-app purchase apps. :dance:
Character creation and world design are good.
But you could use better fonts for intro and someother parts of the game. Like this
3vfiC.png

Or this
EndorA.png

BTW game is pretty:incline:.

Yep, I am one of those people that has little or zero aesthetic instincts. What font is that?

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
Got suspended from Google Play due to keyword spam violation. I wasn't doing any keyword spam. Oh well, time to start all over. 14K downloads, 650 ratings of 4.5 stars... all of that is lost.

If anyone here purchased, don't worry, once I'm up again with a new package, I'll reactivate everyone's licenses.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Got suspended from Google Play due to keyword spam violation. I wasn't doing any keyword spam. Oh well, time to start all over. 14K downloads, 650 ratings of 4.5 stars... all of that is lost.

Not even a warning? They just out-right remove your game?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer

Not even a warning? They just out-right remove your game?

Yep. No warning, just removed, for 4 reasons, none of which actually have any grounds even re-reading their documentation. As this thread is meant to be informative, and for completions' sake, here it goes:

This is a notification that your application, Exiled Kingdoms RPG, with package ID net.fdgames.ek.android, has been suspended from the Google Play Store.

REASON FOR SUSPENSION:Violation of the spam provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the keyword spam policy help article for more information.

-Do not use irrelevant, misleading, or excessive keywords in apps descriptions, titles, or metadata.
-Do not engage in "keyword stuffing" by loading app descriptions with keywords out of context.
-Your title and/or description must not attempt to leverage another popular product without permission.
-Do not include user testimonials in your app description. They tend to be dubious and are frequently utilized to include references to popular search terms and competitor apps in violation of the policies outlined here. Let your users speak for themselves via Play's comment review system.
This particular app has been disabled as a policy strike. If your developer account is still in good standing, you may revise and upload a policy compliant version of this application as a new package name.

This notification also serves as notice for other apps in your catalog. You can avoid further app suspensions by immediately ensuring that no other apps in your catalog are in violation of (but not limited to) the above policy. Please also ensure your apps’ compliance with the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

All violations are tracked. Additional suspensions of any nature may result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and/or the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and transaction fees) from you.

If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit this Google Play Help Center article.

The Google Play Team

I have lost all access to my app's store description, which I never thought to backup. But I assure you, I didn't spam. I didn't purposefully stuff keywords. And absolutely didn't include "user testimonials".

The only gray area is, if they consider my mention of certain classic RPGs as keyword spam, but it really wasn't: in the comments section, many people were saying how it reminded them of those same games (Diablo, BG, Morrowind), and I didn't get a trademark infraction warning.

Let's hope, some human does look at my store entry text for 20 seconds and realizes I am legit. Would be hard to believe, if all the pregnant mermaid sim clones of the same app are published fine, and one of the few actual RPGs gets banned.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
Here is my original description.

In red, the only thing that could be considered a breach, even if reading the rules I don't think it is specifically stated that no mention of other products is allowed.

but I think the main culprit is the entry lenght, actually, which caused the bot to raise an alert for bloated description and keyword stuffing.

Exiled Kingdoms is an single-player classic RPG that takes place in a huge interactive world that you can freely roam. Explore dungeons, gain experience, find new treasures and allies, and immerse yourself in the ultimate battle between humanity and the forces that want to annihilate it!. This is an offline game that doesn't require an internet connection to play.

Exiled Kingdoms is not a linear sucession of levels, but an open world. You decide where to go, what to do and who to be friends with! Explore mysterious ruins, fight to free slaves, or join some of the powerful factions; the choice is yours.

Inspired by the great old-school RPGs. The game is greatly inspired by classics like Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Morrowind, Darklands or Pool of Radiance. Expect a challenging game, like they used to be. Sometimes you'll have to run, you'll get lost, and often you'll check your journal to know what to do next. And death awaits the unwary adventurer behind every corner...

Story introduction: A dark tale, and a brave new world

A century ago, the Andorian Empire was destroyed by a magical cataclysm that brought The Horrors into our world; humanity was nearly annihilated. Many thousands managed to escape sailing away to the Imperial Colony of Varannar: a savage island, dangerous and unexplored. Mistrust and blame made impossible to elect a new Emperor, and the four Exiled Kingdoms were proclaimed.

Nowadays, the ragtag kingdoms still struggle to survive in a harsh land, often waging war on each other. Empire and the Horrors are, for many, just old legends and fairytales. You are a novice adventurer, rarely paying attention to such old stories; you're more concerned with your latest misadventures and lack of gold.

But for once, luck seems to be on your side. You received a letter from New Garand, stating that you are the sole beneficiary of a big inheritance. You don’t remember any relatives in the capital of the Kingdom of Varsilia, but certainly that won’t stop you from an opportunity like this! The road to New Garand will reveal many surprises, and will teach you that fairytales and legends can become, in fact, very real.

Features

• Real-time combat against all kinds of different monsters and beasts, from vicious goblins to raging minotaurs, wyverns and dragons.
• Explore all kind of environments freely: forests and caves, dungeons, cities, ancient tombs and remote valleys.
• Customize your character choosing between 4 classes, 40 skills and hundreds of different items you can loot.
• A rich world, and a real fantasy setting. Dozens of quests, sometimes with different endings. Hundreds of non-player characters with unique dialogues, solve mysteries, make friends and enemies.
• Work on your reputation to become a hero of one or more of the kingdoms or guilds. Eventually you can become a knight, a high mage, a hero... or a villain.

About this game

Exiled Kingdoms is currently in public Beta, features and new areas keep coming each week. Future updates will always be compatible with your savegames, so you will not need to start all over.

A 25% of the world is free to play, and as I release new maps and quests weekly, some of them will be made free as well. On the free version, there is a level cap adequate to those areas. If you decide to purchase, the whole game becomes unlocked.

I've been developing this game for years, putting a lot of effort into bringing back the classic flavor of the golden era of RPGs, into each dialogue, quest or even item descriptions. I hope you enjoy the game!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom