Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Public Demo is Available

Discussion in 'Iratus: Lord of the Dead' started by Pope Amole II, May 23, 2018.

1. Pope Amole II Prestigious Gentleman Nerd Commando Game Studios Developer

Pope Amole II
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Could you play it for me?

^ Top  
  3. Pope Amole II Prestigious Gentleman Nerd Commando Game Studios Developer

Pope Amole II
    Parrots:
    Not sure if serious but I've already had 3 hour long english videos of the game on my channel. And I'm not sure if I want to showcase more as it's my own game so it's stupid to be revealing all its secrets personally. It's not my place, I think.

^ Top  
  4. Aqualung Scholar

Aqualung
    Parrots:
    Thank you.

^ Top  
  5. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    Why isn't the kickstarter a front page newspost

• Agree Agree x 3
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    Gave the demo a whirl and it's quite interesting. I managed to get 2 vampires which was pretty lucky, and vampire seems like a great backliner with her ranged magic attack. The first time demolition guy was scary but I figured out that you need to get him pushed to the front asap so he starts his suicide attack, then use zombie's special to push him into the back. Biggest annoyance was guardsman and his attack on move stance, really messes with skeleton and death knight.

The strategic resource management was ok, I guess? Save resources up so you can upgrade them, except the bonus is random, so it's a crapshoot. Is there really a point to having higher level undead if most of the bonuses don't apply?

^ Top  
  7. Pope Amole II Prestigious Gentleman Nerd Commando Game Studios Developer

Pope Amole II
    Parrots:
    Well, vampires aren't that lucky once you get a hold of them, there's pretty much a dedicated strategy where you dump your mana into 3 of them (they're easy to farm with the correct party) and then you just buff them with the fast Blackest Lodge.

Stance can be broken by moving the guardsman. And knight grows up some armor so he can absorb that.

Management system right now is pretty much a dummy. I've got another set of enchantments designed that'll be more intricate and combolicious. And the Alchemy tree allows you a bit of manipulation & adaptation.

^ Top  
  8. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    Anyway demo was pretty fun, game is fucking metal, good luck with the kickstarter

^ Top  
  9. Pope Amole II Prestigious Gentleman Nerd Commando Game Studios Developer

Pope Amole II
    Parrots:
    It's not, unfortunately. If it was 100% mine project the the soundtrack would've been fucking black metal. Of Summoning variety, though.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Dayyālu Arcane

Dayyālu
    Parrots:
    Hey, didn't even notice this.

Let's go for a spin, then.

Thanks!

EDIT: Well, it's a good timewaster. I enjoy the flipped out Sanity mechanic and the graphics in action do not bother me as much as I thought.

Time to waste more time and see what makes this thick.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Goldfist Goldfist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. oscar Tacticular Staff

oscar
    Parrots:
    Awesome demo, love this game's aesthetic, presentation and sense of humour (who did the voice acting on the trailer? Fantastic work). Combat also feels less "gamey" than Darkest Dungeon and thematically the mechanics mesh very well. Enemy retreat mechanic is cool too.

Looking forward to this, alpha seems in a very healthy state.

• Goldfist Goldfist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Pope Amole II Prestigious Gentleman Nerd Commando Game Studios Developer

Pope Amole II
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Iratus Unfrozen Developer

Iratus
    Parrots:
  14. Balor Arcane

Balor
    Parrots:
    Demo is very nice, if a bit bare, ehehe, bones.
    Hopefully, it will not be as grindy as DD.

^ Top  
  15. Iratus Unfrozen Developer

Iratus
    Parrots:
    Thank you! There is no grind in our game at all - every new fight is the new challenge, and they all are different.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)