Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Psychonauts 2

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
New videos about the development. Game is on the right track. The first one has the most cool stuff.

Ivan

Arcane
i remember why I didn't back

$40.00
giphy.gif

Mustawd

Discussion of Fig's "intimidating" legal text. Blame the guy complaining about the complexity for having crappy info on their website.

Kudos to Schafer though.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Discussion of Fig's "intimidating" legal text. Blame the guy complaining about the complexity for having crappy info on their website.

The second I heared him saying that, I immediately thought about the discussion about the topic on the Codex. :)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I will say that it was a smart move to outsource the prototype to an external company, allows them to figure out some core things about workflow and just how movement and all work inside ue4 without having to hire more developers.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
http://archive.is/KG50M

TLDR: Pyschonauts 2 on fig was advertised as needing to sell 1.7M copies at a wholesale price of $21 for investors to get an 80% return.

Now that people can actually invest, the terms have changed and it needs to sell over 2M copies at a retail price of $60 for investors to get a 0% return.

Psychonauts 1 has lifetime sales of 1.7M. 736k were when it was in a humble bundle and many more were when it was sold for $1.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
http://archive.is/KG50M

TLDR: Pyschonauts 2 on fig was advertised as needing to sell 1.7M copies at a wholesale price of $21 for investors to get an 80% return.

Now that people can actually invest, the terms have changed and it needs to sell over 2M copies at a retail price of $60 for investors to get a 0% return.

Psychonauts 1 has lifetime sales of 1.7M. 736k were when it was in a humble bundle and many more were when it was sold for $1.
Who cares about the fools who had money to burn? I will get my game and that is all that matters.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We’re Increasing the Minimum Dividend Rate for Fig Game Shares—PSY2 to 70%

Justin-Bailey_avatar-40x40.jpg
By Justin Bailey on November 16, 2016

Today, we’re announcing an increase in the minimum dividend rate of Fig Game Shares—PSY2 from 30% to 70%. The details are laid out in a supplement to our offering circular for Fig Game Shares—PSY2, filed earlier today with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which can be found here.

This may seem like a big change, but from our viewpoint, it’s actually not. And here’s why: since founding Fig, we have envisioned that equity crowdfunding should do two things — create a new way for independent developers to put their games into the hands of players, and give fans a way to financially participate in the success of the games they love. Fig exists primarily to facilitate these goals.

The way we’ve decided to apportion sales for Psychonauts 2 reflects this vision. The lion’s share of the game’s revenue will rightly go to the developer and investors, with Fig taking out our service fee and participating in a smaller way in revenue share.

The chart below, which is also included in the supplement, shows the potential dividends with the 70% dividend rate:

Pasted-image-at-2016_11_16-12_39-PM-1024x856.png

The table above makes assumptions, and is presented for illustrative purposes only. Although we believe the assumptions represent fair estimates, there can be no assurance that any one or more of these assumptions will in fact apply. The supplement lays out in more detail the assumptions that we make.

So, how did we go from a 30% minimum investor dividend to a 70% minimum? The short answer is that now we can.

Here’s a slightly longer answer with a little more background, in case you’re curious. We’ve always regarded the 30% as the rock-bottom of the range for what we want to pay out to investors. The figure was meant to be a floor, so that no matter what unforeseen circumstances occurred with the business, investors could rely on it.

In our offering circular for Fig Game Shares—PSY2 , we deliberately left the door open for increasing the investor dividend by saying that we would pay more than the minimum if business conditions permit. Now that Fig Game Shares—PSY2 have been in the market for several weeks, we have sufficient market data to issue a supplement and declare an increase the minimum dividend rate to 70%. In short, the market saw the 30% as a cap, rather than a minimum. To clarify our intent, we are moving the floor up to remove any confusion about our ultimate goals.

Our philosophy has always been to reward investor fans with as much of the revenue share that our business permits. Today, that means ramping up our minimum investor revenue share for Fig Game Shares—PSY2 to 70% (again, the 70% is still not a cap — it’s a minimum). We can go even higher, and we expect to do so if and when business conditions allow us to. Our model seeks to reward investors, because that’s how we can get people to invest and help us build a thriving ecosystem for independent games.

Of course, there’s no guarantee — for Fig or its investors. As with all investments, there are still risks, and we encourage you to read the risk factors in our offering circular for Fig Game Shares—PSY2.

We want to thank our investors for sticking with us through this process as we travel through some uncharted terrain. It’s been a thrilling experience, and we are grateful you are here with us for the journey.

If you have any questions about our dividend policy, or investing in Fig Game Shares in general, feel free to shoot me a message atjustin@fig.co.

Best,

Justin

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Starbreeze will invest 8 million USD to this and handle publishing: https://www.starbreeze.com/2017/02/...ouble-fines-highly-anticipated-psychonauts-2/

They'll recoup their investment after Fig revenue share.

Starbreeze Publishing signs Double Fine’s highly anticipated Psychonauts 2

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (February 6, 2017) Starbreeze AB, an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products, has signed a publishing agreement with Double Fine Productions regarding the game Psychonauts 2, to be released in 2018. Starbreeze will invest 8 MUSD to bring the game to PC and other console platforms through digital distribution.

Starbreeze will be the major investor in the project, which also has been funded by Double Fine itself, as well as through a successful crowdfunding Fig campaign in which gamers invested directly to take part in potential future profits.

Starbreeze will be able to recoup 100% of its full investment including marketing costs with an initial revenue share of 85% after distribution and platform fees and Fig crowdfunding revenue share. Starbreeze share of revenues will become 60% after the investment is recouped. Double Fine will retain 100% of the intellectual property relating to Psychonauts 2.

Psychonauts 2 is a third-person action/adventure platformer where players control Razputin Aquato – a newly graduated Psychonaut with powerful psychic abilities – as he delves into the minds of others. The player will use Raz’s PSI powers, such as telekinesis, pyrokinesis, and levitation, in combination with Raz’s acrobatic platforming skills, to explore the mental worlds of the game’s eccentric characters.

The story of Psychonauts 2 picks up directly after the events of the first game, and the VR adventure Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin, but players will not need to have played those games to follow the events of Psychonauts 2. In this new story, Raz arrives at Psychonaut headquarters, excited to finally become an official Psychonaut, but soon finds himself torn between the laws of the Psychonauts, his loyalty to his friends, and a secret mission that could undo everything for which he has fought so hard.

“Many of us gamers who’ve grown up during 70’s and 80’s have at some point come across the great games from Double Fine and Tim Schafer. Games like Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and Brütal Legend are all in the list of personal all time favorites for many of us. We’re very proud to be able to add this prominent collaboration to our Publishing business. Starbreeze is looking forward to support Double Fine in bringing the new and exciting game Psychonauts 2 to young and old gamers world wide” said Bo Andersson-Klint, Starbreeze CEO

“Starbreeze is the perfect partner for Double Fine and our backers on Psychonauts 2,” said Double Fine President and CEO Tim Schafer, “Their expertise in not just developing and publishing games, but supporting them after launch will be a great benefit for players of the game.”

Heretic

Cipher
So Starbreeze step where Activision and Microsoft ran from - funding Double Fine?

That'll be fun to watch.

For industry insiders - is the perpetual 60% revenue share usual in such arrangements? It seems quite high to me.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Loved Psychonauts 1. Didn't even know there was a campaign for the sequel. Schafer and Double Fine have long been dead to me.

So in a nutshell: Does this look like it could shape up into something decent or is it the usual bullshit from our favourite con-man?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom