Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Planescape: Torment questions

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah my mage playthroughs were all dodging those shadows. Just hold shift and pause whenever you reach a waypoint before you have figured out where to click next. As little still time as possible as a heap of attacks will probably go through your likely low AC if you let them swing. Chug healing charms through inventory (it pauses the game, so you can take as many as you instantly) if hit.

Cadmus

Arcane
Yeah my mage playthroughs were all dodging those shadows. Just hold shift and pause whenever you reach a waypoint before you have figured out where to click next. As little still time as possible as a heap of attacks will probably go through your likely low AC if you let them swing. Chug healing charms through inventory (it pauses the game, so you can take as many as you instantly) if hit.
Yes, this is exactly what I'm doing except for saving the healing tears for later so it gets a bit hard.

I killed Ravel and went to the old lady Mebbeth or smth who taught me magic just to see if she's got any new spells and suddenly I say to her: DID YOU KNOW YOU WERE RAVEL?
wat.. I didn't know. How did I miss this? Did Ravel say it? The only indication of it is they speak the same way but I really tried to read everything or remember it from the Ravel dialogue as I was expecting it to be important but how did I miss this? Fuck me..
Dialog.tlk said:
"What other shapes can you... *have* you turned yourself into?"
"Maybe some, Mebbeth none." Ravel seems confused by the question. "I've not a-membered such, I've neen, I-vene, Ei-Vene, mayhap? Neither smarta nor Marta... so many threads and branchings, so many Ravels... always stitching and mending and growing are my forms."
"Mebbeth? You were Mebbeth?"
"You were Ei-Vene? In the Mortuary?"
"You were that barmy seamstress in the Buried Village? Marta?"
"That may have been one of my names... yes?" Ravel looks more confused, her black-veined eyes becoming misty. "Names are *difficult* to remember..." Her voice becomes faint. "Like calling across a great distance..."
And then there is more. So apparently you've missed this whole dialog subtree.

Cadmus

Arcane
I killed Ravel and went to the old lady Mebbeth or smth who taught me magic just to see if she's got any new spells and suddenly I say to her: DID YOU KNOW YOU WERE RAVEL?
wat.. I didn't know. How did I miss this? Did Ravel say it? The only indication of it is they speak the same way but I really tried to read everything or remember it from the Ravel dialogue as I was expecting it to be important but how did I miss this? Fuck me..
Dialog.tlk said:
"What other shapes can you... *have* you turned yourself into?"
"Maybe some, Mebbeth none." Ravel seems confused by the question. "I've not a-membered such, I've neen, I-vene, Ei-Vene, mayhap? Neither smarta nor Marta... so many threads and branchings, so many Ravels... always stitching and mending and growing are my forms."
"Mebbeth? You were Mebbeth?"
"You were Ei-Vene? In the Mortuary?"
"You were that barmy seamstress in the Buried Village? Marta?"
"That may have been one of my names... yes?" Ravel looks more confused, her black-veined eyes becoming misty. "Names are *difficult* to remember..." Her voice becomes faint. "Like calling across a great distance..."
And then there is more. So apparently you've missed this whole dialog subtree.
Yeah, I don't remember any of this so I guess I completely missed that dialogue option. Shit, this always happens to me with plot twists.

Severian Silk

I am now entering the Under Sigil region. Do the worms and fiends here respawn? It seems like they are never ending and that I am not making progress.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Enemies in udersigil infinitely respawn. Stay here only if you want to farm xp.

Cadmus

Arcane
Guys, help, I'm stuck:
I'm on the roof of the Fortress of Regrets, talking to The Transcendent One and I want to trick him into leaving to check for the Shadows I told him I had set free in the Fortress, because I want to revive my friends. He believes me and begins teleporting away but the fucking teleporting animation gets stuck or something and never resolves, so I get locked out of the controls, watching him teleport forever. Is there a way to fix it? Or any other solution?

Athelas

Arcane
Did you apply the directdraw fix?

You should try to talk him down for the better ending, by the way.

Cadmus

Arcane
Did you apply the directdraw fix?

You should try to talk him down for the better ending, by the way.
Yes, I applied the draw fix. I was assuming I would be able to talk to him when he came back, I wanted to revive my friends first...eh

Cadmus

Arcane
Ok, so I finally fnished the game.
talked TTO into merging with me, ressurected my friends and went to lower planes, apparently to fight in a war forever. uh..I'm sad it's ended.

Now I'll go check out the other endings and stuff.

Athelas

Arcane
The game doesn't really have different endings. There's unmaking/destroying yourself (oblivion), and going to hell without resurrecting your companions.

Did you learn your true name by the way?

Cadmus

Arcane
The game doesn't really have different endings. There's unmaking/destroying yourself (oblivion), and going to hell without resurrecting your companions.

Did you learn your true name by the way?
No, I just watched it on youtube now=/ it sucks I missed that part, but I bet I've missed many many more things. Such is life. Amazing game.

Cadmus

Arcane
I feel like I have experienced a wonderful journey and don't know what to do with it now that it's over.

Wlerin

Literate
Listen to the soundtrack? Pine for Torment: Tides of Numenera (inb4 it's terrible)? Try another playthrough (I personally can't do such things, but maybe you can)? Been there... tried many other rpgs... nothing really came close.

Tigranes

Arcane
There is a lot of stuff hidden in PS:T that is difficult to even realise that you missed until you play a few times (or look online, but that's no fun). You can find out your true name, you can find a considerable amount of detail about at least two of your three incarnations that you meet at the end, you can find out the essence of Dak'kon's story, you can more or less infer the identity of your former companions (start with a man in Sigil who remembers seeing 'you' with Deionarra and a few others following you around), were you able to open the tetrahedron (or some other kind of hedron/sphere), because you can? Or get the details of the inheritance documents from the upper ward (wait, is that main quest related)?

Combat isn't great but it's still fun to play through a couple more times.

Wlerin

Literate
You can skip most of the combat anyway, since there's no "you must gather your party before venturing forth" in PST.

Fryjar

Augur
Planescape is still the game with the best hidden optional content for me. One small example of it, that many people probably will have missed and that would certainly motivate me for another playthrough:

You can find your former companion, the blind archer.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ravel spoiler from 3rd playthrough.
You can 'save' ravel if you talk to mebeth with a black barbed seed in inventory.

what is it, you want more obscure stuff?

have you managed to join the chaosmen?
how about finding the hidden faction store in curst?
All of the stories you can tell in the brothel to teller-of-tales?
did you know that there are many options to weakening the chaos in curst gone? In fact, there is a option for all situations (situations that involve humans or non-hostile demons).
The brothel has a basement. Fairly useless place, but cool to see once
Pharod's 'stash' actually exists in-game
The chaosbox quest has a way to release a more powerful demon on curst gone if you don't get rid of it, with attendant greater reward

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
Ravel spoiler from 3rd playthrough.
You can 'save' ravel if you talk to mebeth with a black barbed seed in inventory.

what is it, you want more obscure stuff?

have you managed to join the chaosmen?
how about finding the hidden faction store in curst?
All of the stories you can tell in the brothel to teller-of-tales?
did you know that there are many options to weakening the chaos in curst gone? In fact, there is a option for all situations (situations that involve humans or non-hostile demons).
The brothel has a basement. Fairly useless place, but cool to see once
Pharod's 'stash' actually exists in-game
The chaosbox quest has a way to release a more powerful demon on curst gone if you don't get rid of it, with attendant greater reward

Ive been to the basement!
I entered Pharod's stash but there was nothing to do there...was there any secret I missed? it seemed like a bunch of libraries only

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
the library has loot. It's another syndrome of the ridiculous hidden object containers in unlikely places that BG1 also has (but pst is actually worse).

Cadmus

Arcane
I remember I found stuff in like 3 libraries but it was all standard shit like bandages and such..was there anything important?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom