Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Planescape: Torment questions

Ninjerk

Arcane
Wererat skulls can be turned in for a bounty or something (maybe its the quest where you have to... retrieve something from a powerful wizard).

Did you find the market? Seems odd the rings wouldn't sell since all the jewelry that drops is (I'm pretty sure) meant to be vendor trash.

Severian Silk

Yes, I found the Hive market, but nobody would buy the rings, which is weird because they are kinda valuable. Maybe this is a bug introduced by one of the "patches".

I will keep an eye out for that wizard.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wererat skulls can be turned in for a bounty or something (maybe its the quest where you have to... retrieve something from a powerful wizard).

Did you find the market? Seems odd the rings wouldn't sell since all the jewelry that drops is (I'm pretty sure) meant to be vendor trash.
Why don't you just tell him every secret in the game :rpgcodex:

Severian Silk

Currently, I've trained TNO for "fists". Is this specialization viable for the rest of the game? Should I transition over to something else?

Ninjerk

Arcane

Why don't you just tell him every secret in the game :rpgcodex:
Wererat skulls are fucking irrelevant to anything good in the game. It'd be worse to find out later that you need it after running into the unavoidable quest.
Anyway, if he didn't want to know he doesn't have to ask.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It doesn't really matter what you specialize, but fists are nice because they have a few more weapons since annah also equips them.
One of the best is a absurdly rare random drop though.
I can't recall if mages can use the fists, but i recall i often used knifes simply because all TNO classes can use them.

I usually specialized on fighter until 13 th level to get all the proficiency bonus, then changed to thief or mage, but i hear the last fixpack 'fixed' this intended kensai mage, QWIIIINNNNN.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's Planescape Torment you CAN'T DIE IN THIS GAME WHY WOULD YOU CARE WHAT WEAPONS TO USE

Grimlorn

Arcane
I will try fucking around with the options tonight, thanks for the suggestions.
Is there any way to have my characters auto-attack when they've killed their designated target? They just sometimes stand around with a thumb up their ass and do nothing.
And the god-awful pathfinding gives me acid flashbacks to IWD, it's insufferable. I don't think I've seen anything this bad in any game, not even the really shitty strategy games.
This is the advantage of glorious RTwP! You can pause the game and issue new commands! How cool is that?
Not cool enough to make it into the sequel.

:yeah:

Mebber

Educated
You can finish every chapter of the game rather easily, regardless of weapon choice...

Mebber

Educated
Just play a mage, damn it

It's the best way to play PST anyway, high INT, CHA and WIS are really needed to fully explore the game. And it's not like the combat system is overly amazing...

Modron

Arcane
Plus some of the spells have no ceiling as far as damage per level is concerned and there is pretty much no max level meaning as a mage you can end shitty encounters quickly.

Cadmus

Arcane
Cadmus Before you try all those other things, try this first: http://bitpatch.com/ie_ddrawfix.html
Thanks, this fixed it!
They stole my fucking skull! Fucking rats wtf.
I helped the street give birth (what the shit?) and I'm getting impatient as to where I get the mage class so I read up on it and it seems I should have talked to the witch in ratpicker square. Will I get to go back any time soon after I retrieve the goddamned skull or am I so far into the game I might as well make a warrior out of my 19 cha and 19 int character? =/

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thanks, this fixed it!
They stole my fucking skull! Fucking rats wtf.
I helped the street give birth (what the shit?) and I'm getting impatient as to where I get the mage class so I read up on it and it seems I should have talked to the witch in ratpicker square. Will I get to go back any time soon after I retrieve the goddamned skull or am I so far into the game I might as well make a warrior out of my 19 cha and 19 int character? =/
I'm pretty sure you can go back right now and for a while yet.

Also, d&d levels require exponentially more experience, so leveling up wizard to within a level of warrior is probably about the same amount of experience it would take to get 1 more level of fighter.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
you can change to mage in other places (in fact, the area you just opened has one... no 2! ways to turn into a mage. None is as rewarding though (but both are kind of 'hidden' stuff with dialog you might not see normally). Same deal with thieves.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Also a question myself:
that chocolate mage dude in the public sensorium is weird, i suspect he can turn TNO into a mage with the right conditions, but i also suspect it requires ravel not to have done it in her incarnation. He can sell chocolates, identify, he can sell spells, he can do something else i forget (item selling?) but also this is gated by conditions which are unusual and i don't remember. I think the chocolate requires modron maze chocolates but i'm not sure about the items. The spells might require he be the first to turn you mage.
edit: i suppose the chocolates are on the item tab and this is what i remember, items in addition to chocolates.

tuluse

Arcane
Also a question myself:
that chocolate mage dude is weird, i suspect he can turn TNO into a mage with the right conditions, but i also suspect it requires ravel not to have done it in her incarnation. He can sell chocolates, identify, he can sell spells, he can do something else i forget (item selling?) but also this is gated by conditions which are unusual and i don't remember. I think the chocolate requires modron maze chocolates but i'm not sure about the items. The spells might require he be the first to turn you mage.
edit: i suppose the chocolates are on the item tab and this is what i remember, items in addition to chocolates.
I believe he is linked to doing the curse quest in some way. The chocolates are not gated by the maze (I've never done the maze and have bought chocolates from him).

The curse quest being trying to cure the smelly guy who was cursed by the dude in the Sensorium. I remember you end up getting cursed with the hiccups, and you have to curse him to get him to undo both curses.

Edit: oh what Shadenuat said.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom