Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Planescape: Torment questions

Ninjerk

Arcane
use the skull, and stock up on healing charms. dunno bout your spell difficulties

Guys any advice on how to deal with the magic effects without having to reinstall with some more patches? I don't wanna start playing the game again..

Try turning off hardware acceleration like RK suggested, and right-click the executable, properties, disable every fancy windows effect and run it on XP compatibility mode. Or go into your graphics card's control panel and fiddle with the options for the game. Those steps usually solve graphical fuck-ups with older games, otherwise I dunno

Cadmus

Arcane
I will try fucking around with the options tonight, thanks for the suggestions.
Is there any way to have my characters auto-attack when they've killed their designated target? They just sometimes stand around with a thumb up their ass and do nothing.
And the god-awful pathfinding gives me acid flashbacks to IWD, it's insufferable. I don't think I've seen anything this bad in any game, not even the really shitty strategy games.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Is there any way to have my characters auto-attack when they've killed their designated target? They just sometimes stand around with a thumb up their ass and do nothing.
And the god-awful pathfinding gives me acid flashbacks to IWD, it's insufferable. I don't think I've seen anything this bad in any game, not even the really shitty strategy games.
This is the advantage of glorious RTwP! You can pause the game and issue new commands! How cool is that?

Rake

Arcane
But I'm starting to like the skull!

Guys any advice on how to deal with the magic effects without having to reinstall with some more patches? I don't wanna start playing the game again..
Go to the options > video options > and play with the Software options there. one of the 3 may help. It did it for me but i don't remember which one was.

Severian Silk

I found him!! He was hiding in a wrecked building! Thanks.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Note that during this quest the game crashed a few times when entering people's homes.
If you're using the widescreen mod have in mind that you shouldn't change resolution mid-game. You should pick a resolution at the start and stick with it. If you do it can result to crashes in small areas, such as people's homes. (Although I believe in the most recent versions of the widescreen mod this issue has been addressed.)

Cadmus

Arcane
This is the advantage of glorious RTwP! You can pause the game and issue new commands! How cool is that?

Uh, not very. It's annoying and shit, especially as I sometimes find out they won't attack the new target because they would apparently need to walk around some box so I have to pause again and help the characters find their way.
Thanks for the suggestions on fixing the gfx, I'll try them out.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
For pathfinding open torment.ini and set search nodes=32000 (it's the maximum number you can put)

Also you can increase overall game speed with the "Maximum frame rate" setting.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hint:
You don't have to gather your party before venturing forth

Severian Silk

Note that during this quest the game crashed a few times when entering people's homes.
If you're using the widescreen mod have in mind that you shouldn't change resolution mid-game. You should pick a resolution at the start and stick with it. If you do it can result to crashes in small areas, such as people's homes. (Although I believe in the most recent versions of the widescreen mod this issue has been addressed.)
I'm using Ghostdogs_PST_UI_mod_v2.2(1).zip.

I only set the resolution in the beginning right after I installed it. I haven't messed with it since.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It will still sometimes crash in small areas. The higher you set the resolution the more often it will crash

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Depends how annoyed you are from the crashing. You should still get the autosave, so you don't lose any progress.

Severian Silk

Does anyone buy bronze rings? I've accumulated a lot of them.

throwaway

Cipher
FWITW I didn't experience too big an ammount of crashes using GOG's version+usual patching at 1366x768. They felt pretty random aswell. Certainly didn't notice any increase in small maps.

AngryKobold

Arcane
How to get the experience point out of Ojo in Burried Village. A year or two and I'm replaying the game. I'm sure this fucker hides something, this time I'm gonna get it.

Severian Silk

Does anyone buy bronze rings? I've accumulated a lot of them.
There's a market in Sigil. I remember what the map looks like but I don't remember what it borders.
No one in Sigil buys them as far as i could tell. I did find a trader in the Buried Village though.

Is there any use for all the skulls in the catacombs? This includes wererat skulls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom