Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

ortucis

Prophet
These fucking console manufacturers.

Thanks to shit new consoles, I was still able to play all console ports on my age old 660Ti. Now I will have to upgrade it since console ports are shit ports and that means they will run even worse than before (thanks to them aiming for the new consoles).

Well, here's hoping I can squeeze 2 more years out of my card.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
These fucking console manufacturers.

Thanks to shit new consoles, I was still able to play all console ports on my age old 660Ti. Now I will have to upgrade it since console ports are shit ports and that means they will run even worse than before (thanks to them aiming for the new consoles).

Well, here's hoping I can squeeze 2 more years out of my card.

They ain't gonna drop PS4/XB1 support overnight as the lowest common denominator, that would be financial suicide.

ortucis

Prophet
They ain't gonna drop PS4/XB1 support overnight as the lowest common denominator, that would be financial suicide.

We know they have enough money to commit financial suicide.

But I just want to avoid buying a new display card for another few years.

---

Arcane
So, PS4 Neo is now "PS4 pro", and it completely useless if you haven't a 4k television.

Soulcucker

Savant
So it looks like we now finally have 1080p capable consoles, tempted to get one for Bloodborne if it runs that game better.

---

Arcane
I really like Horizon. Yes, it seems popamole, but done right. I also read that they hired a lot of The Witcher 3 writers to prepare lore and dialogues.
Of course, since it's Guerrilla's, I'll keep my expectations low.

I just discovered that the girl is voiced by the dubber of Chloe in Life is Strange.

Soulcucker

Savant
That new Mass Effect looks good, you can finally holster your weapon again.

It looked like reskined Dragon's Age Inquisition. Aka like shite.

The Asari in the trailer looks like the type that rides the bull. I am expecting the game to have the regular set of Bioware features cliches, probably even worse given the director is a SJW. Though if it has a solid co-op multiplayer like ME3 I will be happy.

It won't automatically run better unless it gets patched. Good luck with that.

True, but if it runs at solid 30fps with no stuttering or dips what so ever I would consider that an upgrade. I would expect loading to be faster with the higher clocked CPU, hopefully the Pro has a SATA 3 port.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Was it already confirmed that the PS4 Pro will improve the frame-rate of games?

If no then I will go for the Slim.

Black

Arcane
6RIWISc.png

???
??
?

Soulcucker

Savant
310 Watts! I wonder if the silicon is still being produced at 28nm.

Was it already confirmed that the PS4 Pro will improve the frame-rate of games?

If no then I will go for the Slim.

Looks to only improve them up to the cap that particular games already have, anything higher will requires devs to patch their games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom