Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I'm not surprised it went to console. It's just the kind of trash those people like.

What I'm surprised at is that it hasn't died years ago on PC. I tried it somewhere around 2011 and couldn't make it through half an hour.

Tribal Sarah

Arbiter
I used to like the 360. It was a pretty decent console. Then I eventually bought a PS4 and no surprises, it's as dull and dreary as everything else Sony makes. It sounds like a limp fart when it starts up and then there's a drab blue screen with some kind of muzik that sounds like it was stolen from an aquarium for depressed fish. There's no excitement or innovation to the thing. It just sits there, the gaming equivalent of magazines in a doctor's surgery.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Sony is for grown ups who don't need to be greeted by a fanfare each time they turn on their machine. Maybe you should sell your PS4 and get an Xboner. It might throw you a party as you quietly sob alone in your room while thinking how cool it would be to be able to play some games.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Maybe you should buy a real PS4 then and not one of those chinese bootlegs?

polystation_3_banner.jpg

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Still better than an xbox where you can play the same games as PC but struggling on low-med settings. PS4 got glorious nippon games.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I used to like the 360. It was a pretty decent console. Then I eventually bought a PS4 and no surprises, it's as dull and dreary as everything else Sony makes. It sounds like a limp fart when it starts up and then there's a drab blue screen with some kind of muzik that sounds like it was stolen from an aquarium for depressed fish. There's no excitement or innovation to the thing. It just sits there, the gaming equivalent of magazines in a doctor's surgery.
What made you like the 360, compared to the PS4 which you actually don't like too much?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
What made you like the 360, compared to the PS4 which you actually don't like too much?

Flashy menu graphics and upbeat sounds I guess. Also brain damage.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.destructoid.com/don-t-h...uggests-not-upgrading-to-scorpio-368685.phtml

Phil Spencer sez:

You should buy [an Xbox One S], because Scorpio is not going to do anything for you. Scorpio is designed as a 4K console, and if you don't have a 4K TV, the benefit we've designed for, you're not going to see.

Clearly, you can buy Scorpio, and if and when you decide you want to buy a 4K television to take advantage of the increased performance, obviously the console will be ready for you. For us in the industry, it's easy to think that most power is always the thing that wins. If you look at last gen, what won? The Wii won. The Wii sold more than we did on Xbox 360 and the PS3, and it wasn't the most powerful console out there. Price is critically important. Wii was a good price and it had a great experience.

Scorpio is for the person who's got a 4K television, who's really focused on 4K gaming. It's going to be a premium price over what we're selling this one for, and both of them will exist in the market at the same time. Scorpio is for your 4K gamer. And that's what we designed it for.

4K@ 30 Hertz I assume. So just more console peasant stuff.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So the head of the XBox division is telling people not to but his new shiny product?

That's new

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Nah, I think it's just nuMicrosoft's new strategy to be upfront about their goals. Satya Nutella & Co figured that's a more sustainable way in the long run to do good business rather than having rabid monkeys like Steve Ballmer or lying Canadians like Don Mattrick ruining your reputation.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I think that they just now realized that the Scorpio announcement might hurt the sales of the current Xbone

Cadmus

Arcane
Yeah haha haha 30 FPS...
I don't remember the last time I managed to run a game at a consistent 60 FPS, it usually fluctuates between 25 and 35 I would guess unless it's something old like Quake 3.
Strangely, when I play TW3 or Bloodborne on my friend's PS4 I get really annoyed by the shitty framerate incompetently hidden behind the motion blur. Man these consoles suck dick.

We all know that the human eye can't see more than 30 FPS @ 2k resolution, so it stands to reason that there is no reason to go above 15 FPS @ 4k resolution.

Trust me, I'm a console marketing department executive.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
i wish i had 60fps
30 fps? What do you need 15 fps for?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom