Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

Finally we can play an 8 year old game at a rock solid 20FPS, 720p on a next-gen console. Can your PC do that? Didn't think so.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
gta-1bkr0.jpg

The 360 version I played looked like the PC version in these images, for the most part anyway.

It was only during loading lags where it briefly looked like a 2004 game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Finally we can play an 8 year old game at a rock solid 20FPS, 720p on a next-gen console. Can your PC do that? Didn't think so.

aCBPI37.gif

AHAHAHAOHHHHHAAAAA, this is the best man. Hail backwards compatibility, the Xbone really got it this time.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Don't you get it? It is all about having fun, only nerds and fanboys care about whether one platform is superior to the other lel.

Even thought we are talking about electronics the performance of which can be perfectly quantified in the most exact manner, and even though it is fucking obvious that the PC wins out in every possibly conceivable measure and will always win.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Oh god, this is bad.

I cringed a lot when I saw the fuss about "retrocompatibility" being announced, because it sure looked like to concern a very select few games who had an engine port or a full actual port to the x86 architecture. Mass Effect was one of these games, so I expected the "retrocompatible" version to be just the PC version adapted to a XONE controller.

Looks like not even that. How did they manage to make it slow ? I really don't get it. We know it's not actual PowerPC emulation.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

I feel kinda bad for bumping this thread, but the kid's reaction to winning a X-Bone sums up exactly how I'd react.

Love

Cipher

I feel kinda bad for bumping this thread, but the kid's reaction to winning a X-Bone sums up exactly how I'd react.

I'd rather win a night in bed with that chick. I wanna leave the nuts hanging out.

Now that would've been a fitting reaction!

I remember a Christmas now, where someone planted an Xbox under the tree and I think the reaction amounted to just slightly more than the one of the guy in the video. :lol:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So I bought an Xbox One last week.

Been playing some Halo, it's fun.

Is there another game that is fun?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
"Guys I bought this system without looking at the games available for it" Come on men, you can do better than that. At least when I bought my bloodbornebox I knew that it was pretty much just going to be for bloodborne and some random sony exclusive in 2016.

DDZ

Patron
I got it for Halo.

But I checked around and I just found that as of yet there are 0 other games that interest me.

DDZ

Patron
Actually I hadn't been into Halo since the first one on the first Xbox, and just wanted to coop that with a friend.

The problem is most of the other popamole turds are also on PC or PS4 which I also own.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
VEv2fRy.jpg

:retarded: What the fuck am I reading. PC gamers are jealous of consoles and their 60FPS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom