Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

deuxhero

Arcane
The inconsistant knowing and not knowing, plus the fact that I can't remember ANYONE's E3 lineup getting leaked as a whole, makes me call fake

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Last Guardian is one of about 5 PS3 games I thought would make the console worth it. Fuck you Sony.

Black

Arcane
Man, I love how "leaks" became just another part of the hype machine.
Spoke to soon, it's not even part of the hype machine yet, just some more bullshit from neofag, the sony fanboy central.
Leave it to fucking Morgoth to think such rumours are worth posting.
You make me sick. And every tard who brofisted you.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I don't think Nintento's going out of the console business for awhile, even with the WiiU being a dud. They've suffered through a similar catastrophe before with the Gamecube and they'll probably try and stick through it again.

Plus people really underestimate how filthy, stinking rich Nintendo really is. Someone did a number crunch on the amount of money they have in their loot chest, and they reckon that it'd take eight years of continuous losses of the same level that they've been having for the past year before they'd run out of money.

Martius

Liturgist
Wasnt that 50 years, not 8? Also it looks like Wii U problem is marketing. Not a lot of people know about it and it was stupid call it that way since still some people could think its just accessory for Wii.

Angthoron

Arcane
I don't think Nintento's going out of the console business for awhile, even with the WiiU being a dud. They've suffered through a similar catastrophe before with the Gamecube and they'll probably try and stick through it again.

Plus people really underestimate how filthy, stinking rich Nintendo really is. Someone did a number crunch on the amount of money they have in their loot chest, and they reckon that it'd take eight years of continuous losses of the same level that they've been having for the past year before they'd run out of money.
That's really not as much as it sounds. Generally companies don't wait to run out of money before they sell themselves to a new owner. Dunno who'd afford to buy Nintendo though, so there's that.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Because we can't have enough leaks:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05...guerrilla-games-media-molecule-and-much-more/

2014-05-0719_55_41-ru11og2.png

Sony mopping the floor with MS and Nintendo.

That definitely reads like Sony fanboy wishlist drivel straight from neogaf. Even discounting how unlikely a lot of these sound in general, there's plainly insane stuff in there, like Ninja Theory working on a sequel to Heavenly Sword? Yeah, declining developer who swore off console development in favor of F2P mobile is going to develop a sequel to a poorly performing PS3 launch title, sure. If Sony actually agreed to this, they're fucking retarded.

Their real problem isn't so much that Wii U is a dud (much worse dud than Gamecube), but that this is a consistent trend with Nintendo consoles. If you discount the Wii, there's been a consistent decline in lifetime sales ever since the NES. They're on their way to complete irrelevance in the home console market and no amount of stockpiled money will help them here - it's not a problem with a single bad idea, but with their whole philosophy and how it seems misaligned with market trends.

http://thecutanddry.blogspot.co.uk/

On the DL. This info comes from the highest source and contains near full details of Microsoft E3 2014 conference. I have had corroborations from a number of sources to its legitimacy:

• Ryse 2 is in development and will be announced at the show in a real-time in-game trailer. Gone is the Roman period, enter the medieval setting. The game will offer more freedom of exploration and a refined combat system. The main character is a sell-sword of sorts with a greater destiny. This game looks beyond belief. No release date (possibly late 2016)

• Forza Horizon 2 will be announced for release in October 2014 vai Playground Games. It will once again be open world and set in Louisiana, Missisips, New Mexico, Texas and Arkansas. Full day/night cycle, real time weather. Estimated 80 hour single player.

• 343 Industries will unveil Halo 2: Anniversary. This is a full (multiplayer included) visual makeover of Halo 2, it will also include the same options as Halo Anniversary (Including both visual modes) skulls etc. It will include the E3 2003 mission as a bonus unlockable and the maps from the PC version.

• No Turn 10 this year except in supportive capacity of Playground.

• Halo 5 will get its release date.

• Rare is prepping a re-boot of Battletoads :incline: and Perfect Dark. BT will initially be a download only title (see Killer Instinct) and is set to run at 60fps. Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.:decline:

• Epic will be there to unveil their new game base on the Samaritan demo from 2012. This will be XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE as Microsoft is the publisher. Possibly the best looking game of this generation.

• Good Science Studios will unveil their Kinect Only game "EchoBlack" - The game is controlled via the use of Kinect and the player plots through an adventure game drawn as by echolocation. The vibrancy of the world depicted alters depending on the pitch, loudness and location of the players voice. No release date.

• Twisted Pixel will reveal their next digital game which is set in a sci-fantasy planet of Dekelsus. Possibly a 2.5D platformer.

• Black Tusk will have a CGI trailer for Gears of War : Lazurus which will show the direction the series is heading.

• Lift London will be showing 2 projects. They are small and digital based. No other details unfortunately.

• Lionhead will have a brief gameplay of Fable Legends and bow out with a teaser of their next project which is set in a post-cataclysmic Earth decimated by egg shaped objects (possibly aliens)

• Frontier Development is working on a family friendly Kinect title for release in 2014

• Phantom Dust : Sacrifice is being worked on by Grounding Inc and will be a prequel to the original. The game will be episodic in nature.

• Quantum Break will be out November 2014 - There is a multiplayer mode - Part 1 of a trilogy. The game has had a significant graphical upgrade since last year.

• Sunset Overdrive is aiming for release on the last weeks of August/Early September. Graphically it looks like the CG trailer and the Parkour element of the game is a mix of Sonic, Jet Set Radio and Ratchet and Clank.

• The secret Japanese game is coming from Platinum Games and is a Viewtiful Joe like action- beat em up. Codename is "RugPuddle". This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future.

• Leap Experience Pioneers will announce their game which looks like a TPS/RPG hybrid set in a Sci-fi universe. Looks very Mass Effect inspired. COMING 2015

• Platform Next Games is a new studio. They will be presenting an unnamed tech demo based on an upcoming project (similar to Black Tusks demo last year) which appears to be set in either an ancient or fantasy setting.

• Games With Gold will be announced for Xbox One starting immediately. The aim is that it will be 1 retail game a month, 1 digital game per month of a choice of 2. This will evolve as time goes on.

• Microsoft will announce the date when retail units can be activated as development kits, it will be before October 2014.

• Crackdown: Skyline - Coming 2015 - No other info, not even the developer. Microsoft Studios.

• Multi-platforms are as follows:
The Division (Xbox One is now lead platform)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Fallout 4:bounce:
EA game (not specified here)

Exclusive/Timed DLC on all.

That's all.

The secret Japanese game is coming from Platinum Games and is a Viewtiful Joe like action- beat em up. Codename is "RugPuddle". This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future

Shit, I really was hoping I wouldn't need a NEXTGEN fagbox/gaystation.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
The secret Japanese game is coming from Platinum Games and is a Viewtiful Joe like action- beat em up. Codename is "RugPuddle". This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future

Shit, I really was hoping I wouldn't need a NEXTGEN fagbox/gaystation.

Relax bro, that list looks fake as fuck. In particular:

http://thecutanddry.blogspot.co.uk/

Epic will be there to unveil their new game base on the Samaritan demo from 2012. This will be XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE as Microsoft is the publisher. Possibly the best looking game of this generation.

Extremely typical consoletard fanboy delusion , hoping for games based on tech demos. Was the exact same thing with Square's "Agni's Philosophy" 2012 tech demo. That's what happens when a large group of people doesn't understand the difference between games and movies.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Didn't Todd said that Bethtards would have to wait for a long time for Failure 4? This list seems suspicious as fuck.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Codexers, what's your opinion on the possibility of Fallout 4 offering you the option of playing a Ghoul or a Mutie?

In one hand, it would break the tradition of every Fallout game having you as a human. On the other hand, it could provide a lot of replayability - think of VtM: Bloodlines, where playing with different clans changed significantly the gameplay and how the world reacted to you. Then again, we're dealing with Bethesda - we can't really expect the same level of conversations and writing as VtM:B.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
The sooner Failure 4 comes out, the sooner we get New Vegas 2. :balance:
What makes you think that's going to happen? I don't see why Obsidian would ever work with Bethesda again.

Codexers, what's your opinion on the possibility of Fallout 4 offering you the option of playing a Ghoul or a Mutie?

In one hand, it would break the tradition of every Fallout game having you as a human. On the other hand, it could provide a lot of replayability - think of VtM: Bloodlines, where playing with different clans changed significantly the gameplay and how the world reacted to you. Then again, we're dealing with Bethesda - we can't really expect the same level of conversations and writing as VtM:B.
I don't care - either way, the game won't be Fallout, and it's probably going to suck. I don't think many people would play one if they were available - why would anyone want their waifu character to be that ugly?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What makes you think that's going to happen? I don't see why Obsidian would ever work with Bethesda again.
Obsidian would rather work on Fallout than not work on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom