Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PS VITA hacked. For real this time native vita hack (not epsp one)

Even if today the scene stagnated forevermore, I'd be fine with it. It'd be disappointing, sure, but having retroarch on this thing has already earned my Vita more playtime than it ever did before.

On a hardware-level, I've always really liked the system. It's got a good d-pad, good buttons, good sticks and a great screen. There are plenty of devices that you can load emulators onto, but if the dpad is ass then what's the point? I mean it, I love the Vita's dpad and that little joystick nub. I could never play Isaac on the PC after playing it on the Vita, it feels like it's practically made for it.

Perkel

Arcane
Well after few days almost all vita games backups are flying on net.

Expon

Scholar
the dosbox retroarc core functions, someone almost got fallout working but it still needs more tweeks :bounce:

Perkel

Arcane
yup scene is going forward nicely. Playing some retro games on tha OLED is fucking amazing.

Perkel

Arcane
I fucking love Tyrian. Tyrian probably like most of fucking content out of all those types games and it is way too good.

Spent months playing it.

edit:

i'll try it on my vita

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Definitely one of the better euroshmups out there at least. I'm using that term as a positive.

Perkel

Arcane
Aaaand been fucking playing it since last post. fucking tyrian...

Siveon

Bot
Well the game is great but the porting is definitely in the early stages. I can't save, or even get out of the save screen, the default bindings are alien, and the mouse can't be used.

It does mark the start of real homebrew when Doom and Tyrian is on the thing though.

Perkel

Arcane
Playing Dragon's Crown. Game had huge frame drops...

then i used amphetamine plugin and OC CPU from 222 to 444 and GPU from 111 to 222 and game doesn't fucking drop even a single frame.

I really love amphetamine plugin...

Bahamut

Arcane
Call me when full PSP/PSX emulation will be a thing, then i will toss my old PSP and buy Vita to be my new EmulationStation

Perkel

Arcane
very soon

People who reverse engineer henkaku are doing last stage of it. Once it will be reverse engineered yifian will release source of henkaku and people will be able to create custom firmware that will give you ability to play any PSP/PSX games and have things like OC and so on inside of cfw itself and not games.

People already compile project that run natively on vita. So creating loader or using existing PSP game loader (from original copy) won't be a problem.

Best news is that you will be able to OC CPU and GPU for PSP and PSX games which means that not only PSX/PSP games will work better but also there will be hacks that will enable to run games at higher framerates.

Perkel

Arcane
Well it has been two days from that post above lol

It means PSP/PS1 isos will work shortly.

Siveon

Bot
Nice! Dude everything got hacked, you can get almost every PSV game.
I'll add a strong addendum. You can indeed get almost every PS Vita game, at the very least the majority that the Codex has commented on (All Vanillaware titles, Dungeon Travelers 2, Stranger of Sword City, etc) as well as some Asian English releases (Gundam Breaker 3) but you cannot get anything releasing this year and late last year. While there isn't any mindblowing stuff on the horizon, we aren't at the play-everything phase like on the PSP yet.

Nice! Dude everything got hacked, you can get almost every PSV game.

That i know, im more concerned about oldstuff like emulators, PSP/PSX boots
Yeah, PSX eboots are not a thing on the Vita yet and certain PSP games have trouble running on the program developed. Namely fan-translated or modded games. It plays a good chunk of the required stuff but you'll get into a bumpy ride. I haven't tried it yet personally, but that's if the compatibility list is to be believed.

Bahamut

Arcane
Bumping:
https://enso.henkaku.xyz/
Now you can apply henkaku hack pernamently without reruning browser trick every time console is booted

And something better
Finaly you can say fuck you to sonys expensive proprietary memory cards, there are schamatics and drivers online for sd adapter that uses game slot, and they are available to order online

Vorark

Erudite
:necro:

Vitas on firmware 3.65 ~ 3.68 (latest) will be throughly hacked on July 1. Those on 3.65 will be able to install Enso, which makes Henkaku permanent.

Be ready, bitches.

TheFlow to release his PSVita/PSTV FW 3.65-3.68 hack on July 1, 2018!

http://wololo.net/2018/06/16/theflo...o-more-so-get-ready-to-hack-your-psvita-pstv/

(...)

Right now, there isn’t anything available BUT TheFlow has always kept his word when it comes to releases. If you’re unsure which firmware version to be on, follow this:
  • If your PSVita is on firmware below 3.60, you can update to firmware 3.60 right now and use HENkaku through there.
  • Those who are currently on FW 3.60 should stay there or they could use TheFlow’s CFW Updater to update their device to FW 3.65 while still retaining their hack!
  • If you’re on FW 3.61 or 3.63, it is safe to update to firmware 3.65 NOT firmware 3.67 or 3.68. This is because these firmwares have patched the bug that make HENkaku Ensō (the untether) work so you’ll have to reapply the hack every reboot.
  • If your device is on FW 3.65, stay there.
  • For those pondering on whether to stay on FW 3.67 or update to FW 3.68, TheFlow has stated that there isn’t much of a difference between the two so you can do what you please. The upcoming hack will support both FW 3.67 and 3.68!
Before updating to a higher firmware if you’re on FW 3.60, remember that some homebrew/plugins may no longer work as intended on higher firmwares! Games requiring FW 3.67/3.68 will most likely have their EBOOT decrypted so you can still play them on FW 3.60 BUT this may still be considered piracy even if own the game itself!

Bahamut

Arcane
Meh, there are not so much games that need 3.68 anyway.

The problem is vita hacking scene is not active that much and all effort went into switch

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom